Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

WaffleZombie posted:

Spring Heeled Jack reunion show tonight! I'm excited. Have to drive up to Connecticut from Wilmington, DE, but hopefully that'll be worth it.

So pissed I missed this. How was it?

New Haven was pretty sweet place to be in the mid-late 1990's.

Best show I ever saw, any band, was SHJ a few weeks after Static World View was released at the Tune Inn.

I missed the tribute show after Dave died, and now missed the reunion show (which I had heard was going to happen). meh.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

gerfatty posted:

I don't think ska is quite as underground as this thread lets it on to be.

It's not exactly 1996 anymore either.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ska covers...how original!

Best cover I ever heard was a little band in CT called the Fryalators doing Madonnas "Holiday" at the El'n Gee in New London sometime in the late 1990s. Maybe 98 or 99.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dosen’t Mexico have a thriving scene to this day?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

How many original members of Spring Heeled Jack are left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

You want to feel really loving old? Their trombone player's son is playing with them now. https://www.facebook.com/njcatch22

3, I think? Chris rejoined after the Bosstones broke up.

I feel like some of these bands are turning into a mirror of like when my parents would go see the Temptations in concert in the 90's but it was like one original member of the Temptations and 4 other dudes who were close enough.