Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Let's talk about a dead genre. :unsmith:

I grew up in Central Jersey 4-8 years ago. I'd say there in that time was one of the best places to be during ska's highest point. Places like Birch Hill and Krome would play host to bands like RBF, Goldfinger, C22, LTJ and many more lesser-known bands like The Superspecs, Dissenters and Mustard Plug. Now it's all post-hardcore and screamo poo poo.

drat kids nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Have any of you guys seen the Suburban Legends play live? They opened for Streetlight at the Starland show and JESUS gently caress. They were a bunch of Pete Wentz looking mother fuckers and had choreographed dance moves. It made me want to vomit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LTJ's new album is okay, on par with Anthem I'd say. And you're also all neglecting to mention Borders and Boundaries just as good as Losing Streak if not better. :colbert:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Quick question, I need some help in hating on a band; Mysterious Aftertaste might know this answer.

I saw Streetlight last time they played at Starland Ballroom and one of their openers was this atrocious ska band that had choreographed dance moves and poo poo. What was the name of the band?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

XMas stuff is cool, what do you play? The thing that blew me away most when I looked at your page is that Mustard Plug is still together.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Whoa the Bosstones are back?! My favorite album of their's is Pay Attention how does it compare to that era Tones?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So what's the consensus on Less Than Jake? I recently borrowed a friend's copy of Out Crowd and GNVFLA and goddamn what happened to this band? I mean I guess they had to stop singing about how lovely growing up is but it was a bummer to see that the band I grew up on didn't.

EDIT: Oh wow this is kinda being discussed like ten posts up. Borders and Boundaries is their best album and Losing Streak sucked. :colbert:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's better than IWTOC but there's no songs that really grab me like Look What Happened or Scott Farcas or National Anthem did.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Obama Yo Mama posted:

can we all just agree that besides IWTOC, losers and kings is the worst one

i would say duh but after listening to them, GNV is worse than IWTOC

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Monique Powell

drat dude, first time in years I've thought of Save Ferris.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

smertrioslol posted:

I'm new to this thread, and I haven't read much outside of the OP, but what do you guys think of Hub City Stompers? My step sister plays with them :3: and I like their stuff a lot. She also used to play in a long dead band called Professor Plum, if any of you managed to see them.

Haha I saw Professor Plum like a million times in high school. RIP Birch Hill

And yeah, not entirely excited for new Streetlight based on that track. It's not bad but it's just...bland.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh gently caress I'm gonna have to go to both of those Sayreville shows huh. I mean, I live literally five minutes away, so I have to, right?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Someone request Winter Sucks.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

aricoarena posted:

So who all is going to StreetLight Saturday Night? I'll be the bearded, slightly too old/too fat, man in the pit.

I live in Sayreville so I'm there for all three. Goddamn that Thursday set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

guppy posted:

This is awesome. My favorite moments (spoilered so people won't see them before watching) are guy in shower and Aaron's dog licking his face.

I like anyone who does rap hands to a ska song.

e: Also I learned that Zebrahead is apparently still together and still performing? Jesus.