Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

I found this Ska Spotify playlist and it is pretty good and entirely too long (542 songs) - https://open.spotify.com/user/shadowfunk/playlist/6mRRGF4klfgUzbD2ZKOCq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

My friend just introduced me to a podcast called 23min of Ska. It's exactly what it sounds like. No intros, no commercials, just 23 minutes of back to back Ska.

A lot of the episodes feature new bands/songs, which is not a thing I thought was still happening.

Anyhow check it out if you want. https://radjose.wordpress.com/

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Forum Joe posted:

Just in case anyone cares, I made a Spotify playlist of five tracks from every band mentioned in that Billboard article linked above.

https://open.spotify.com/user/1231399605/playlist/4QNaTwMWONE0ubGRXa5tv1?si=sO4pJdY-RnK8KbhKu0mmRA

Lots of good stuff in there based around the core 90s third-wave west-coast sound, but some older first and second-wave classics too plus lots of modern international bands that I’d never heard of. It’s a great Ska sampler playlist.

this is entirely too many songs, but it's also really cool so thanks for putting it together

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

I was at Jacob Riis Beach in Queens (NY) yesterday and there happened to be a ska band called Beat Brigade playing the entire day. I've never heard of them before but they were pretty good. That's my ska story for the year I guess.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Monday_ posted:

Almost makes me regret paying $100 for my copy a few years ago. Actually, no it doesn't. This is my favorite record of all time and everyone should buy it.

Coincidentally I am listening to this album right now and can confirm that everyone should buy it.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

For making me aware of this you are my hero

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

lessthankyle posted:

100 Gecs just released a new album, 10,000 Gecs, and they leaned hard into the hyperska this time. Definitely recommend it, the same vibe as Eichlers' stuff.

i used to hate them so much but they're actually incredible

stupid horse, sympathy 4 the grinch, mememe, doritos & fritos, frog on the floor, i got my tooth removed. all great ska (or at least ska elements)

i thought stupid horse was an affront to ska when i first heard it but now I'm into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

guppy posted:

As usual, ignore all of this unless or until you have a new record in your hands, but Tomas posted this indicating new Streetlight album late this year:

https://www.facebook.com/SManifesto/posts/990366829125690

Much more detail in the post.

This got me very excited and I'm going to do my very best at forgetting I read it, as I fully expect the album to take another 2 years minimum to be released.