Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teferet
Oct 22, 2005

by Fragmaster

brb buddy posted:

I really enjoy Ska, but mostly first-wave Ska. I know of a few bands, Toots and the Maytals and Millie Small...who else should I be checking out? I'm a huge, huge fan of doo-wop/R&B by the way, if that makes a difference

Desmond Dekker and the Skatalites are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teferet
Oct 22, 2005

by Fragmaster
I think I'm the only person I know who likes ska. Every time someone new gets into my car I get asked what the hell I'm listening to.

Anyway, has anyone heard of the World/Inferno Friendship Society? They aren't exactly a ska band but they do play a lot of ska stuff and are a bit like Streetlight Manifesto. Supposedly they have some huge festival up near Boston every year around Halloween.