Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005
Were any goons at the Salt Lake SM show last night? The venue was pretty small I thought, but Streetlight was still fantastic. The bands they had opening for them were quite a mess though. Being half and hour late I missed the first band. Second was The Stitch Up; I had never heard them before but holy poo poo they are awesome. The last "musical group" that opened was some hip-hop bullshit horrible band, "Grand Buffet." Someone threw a water bottle at them and one of the guys and he went totally nuts and was screaming about how he would beat him up after the show. Anyway good show overall though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005
So I went to warped tour not expecting a whole lot, seeing as the only bands I was there for were pretty much RBF and Oreskaband. Reel Big Fish was awesome live as always, I think they drew a bigger crowd than anyone else there. Oreskaband really surprised me. I had never seen them live before, but they were really great. Lots of synchronized horn dancing a la Suburban Legends. I also scored a sweet hat that I got autographed by all of RBF!

Really though I would tell anyone on the fence about going (A buddy dragged me along) to go despite the other 100 bands that yell and whatever.

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005
Went to Warped in Salt Lake today, surprisingly good sets from just about every band I watched. LTJ was awesome, they played jonny quest which ruled, had a drinking contest between two old guys from the crowd, and made fun of the band before them (a skylit drive maybe?).

Streetlight had a carboard sign that said "IRONIC BANNER". They also said something along the lines of "we just wrote this brand new song on the bus" then played their linoleum cover.

Big D was actually really good, they only played one or two songs off their new album. They played LAX and got a giant circle pit going around the sound booth thing, and probably had one of the biggest crowds that wasn't on the main stage.

NOFX ranted about utah and mormons for about the first ten minutes of their set, and also ragged on devil wears prada for talking about jesus right before they got on stage. I guess it was jefe's birthday, so mike sang "happy birthday you loving wetback" to him, followed by jefe singing "happy birthday 'jew' loving shitkike" to mike. The rest of their set was every song on punk in drublic.

Apart from endless mobs of people in starburst colored v-necks with makeup on it was a pretty good warped this year.