Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Al Capone
Feb 1, 2006

All I've got is this zip gun.
Benny Versus The Beast is a cool band I just got done recording a demo for. Awesome style and great lyrics.

Detonate and The Fad are a couple lesser known bands that are really touring their asses off, both of which are superb.

Designated Johnny was a band I played drums from 02-03 in when I was in high school, they carried on for a couple years after I quit.

Made In China was another band I used to see all the time in high school.

And as far as what I have to say about ska:
-Buck O Nine "Songs In The Key Of Bree" is what 3rd wave ska is all about
-Post Keasbey Catch 22 is the best, and Streetlight Manifesto is way overrated, though I don't hate them
-Big D Gypsy Hill EP is loving gold
-Voodoo Glow Skulls is hands down the best ska band I've ever seen live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Al Capone
Feb 1, 2006

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Why would you leave after the worst band played? :confused: I showed up 15 minutes late, and from the 5 minutes I saw of AAA, I'm glad I did. They just sounded awful.

AAA is the only band in that line up I think I'd pay money to see. Their new stuff isn't great but their old material is some of the only ska stuff I still listen to.

Young Al Capone
Feb 1, 2006

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

You like AAA and VGS but not SM?

That's peculiar.

I don't hate Streetlight, their new album is pretty solid. I just think they're incredibly overrated and their songs are way too loving long for my taste. After about 5 hearings I just can't stand to listen to their records anymore.