Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I’m confused, all of those bands are playing in one day?!

Average song length for most of those bands is like 1:17, they can probably pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Jfc. That’s the best punk lineup to ever exist in the current era.

Wishing that was in NYC and not cali.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I love the ska bands in their own checkerboard box.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead
Lmao what band got outed as sex pests between that poster being designed and uploaded? (Next to Joyce Manor).

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I have a bunch of family in the area around Pomona (San Dimas, Claremont) but it would basically be impossible for me to go because I was planning to visit them the week before. Boo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

what is going on here

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell yeah new Pissed Jeans LP delivered a week early can't wait to listen

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

what is going on here

brave new frontiers in being an absolute weirdo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Hell yeah new Pissed Jeans LP delivered a week early can't wait to listen

Still haven't been able to listen but another track released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMM5XEZd34o

Probably their most straightforward punk album from the three singles?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
METZ touring with Gouge Away starting in April

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead
So uh Sparta are playing in my local dive bar (I'm about as far away from the states as you can get). Cap 150, stage about 4 inches high. Tucker Rule from Thursday on drums.

I am insanely psyched.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The best shows are always in places without a stage as such.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.stereogum.com/2254998/s...UDALGmvLDvGFq5o

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The best shows are always in places without a stage as such.

Floor shows best shows.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Bumping for curiosity - Anyone know what's going on with the band Gatherers? They've basically been incommunicado for over a year now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

New Shellac LP announced :letsgo:

https://store.touchandgorecords.com/products/shellac-to-all-trains-cd-lp

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm incredibly excited and have been listening to Big Black all day in tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dN7j1hYaI

dubLEs
Oct 9, 2019

gently caress yeah

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A question for Canadians - can you remember roughly what years The Punk Show ran on MuchMusic (inc its sister stations) and roughly what kind of bands they played?

For Americans, I’m guessing MTV would play punk stuff on Alternative Nation around the mid nineties? Would things get played in regular rotation too, maybe more stuff like Sublime than Pennywise? In the UK our MTV didn’t really have much of a focus on that kind of stuff as it wasn’t as big, so I’m kinda trying to work out what cable music channels would air these vids and in what blocks, pre 2000 in particular prior to MTVX/MTV2. I can’t find any existence of a block dedicated to EpiFat kinda stuff.

It’s for a project!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh hell yeah Charles Bronson's final show got uploaded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQW60RP1JWc

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Got to see the last show of The Armed’s tour last night. Holy fuckin poo poo what a ride. Cara wasn’t there so they had the HIRS collective folks come out and do her parts for night city aliens and big shell, then closed with Liar and just went full berserk. Just the most wonderful chaos, without a doubt a show worth seeing every time.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
1000% agree with this. Saw them in December and it was definitely one of the best shows.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Thirded.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Vegastar posted:

Got to see the last show of The Armed’s tour last night. Holy fuckin poo poo what a ride. Cara wasn’t there so they had the HIRS collective folks come out and do her parts for night city aliens and big shell, then closed with Liar and just went full berserk. Just the most wonderful chaos, without a doubt a show worth seeing every time.

drat lucky.

Saw them in NYC recently and they were incredible as they always are. I’m considering driving to one of the east coast shows they’re closing this tour out with.

I will forever regret not seeing them at Vitus when they were re-touring only love.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I will forever regret not seeing them at Vitus when they were re-touring only love.

I saw them twice at Vitus, absolutely insane poo poo, the room was almost entirely filled with smoke from a machine and Randall was still bear-shaped.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Rooney McNibnug posted:

1000% agree with this. Saw them in December and it was definitely one of the best shows.

Speaking of... I'm bouncing around in the pit here somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X2Qp4_vq3U

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Metz's new album is out today

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Eidola's album is out today - heavier than their previous work

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
Not sure if this is allowed, but I have 2 tickets for Mannequin Pussy and Soul Glo - (Monday Apr. 29th Portland at Wonder Ballroom) and I can’t make it. I’m selling them for face value $64 for both if anyone is interested.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
hot mulligan is on tour right now and its gonna be their last one for a while and probably one of the last times to see them in smaller venues. went the other night and it was real good, just friends and free throw opened. it was my six year olds first show and free throw were super cool to him

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Taking Back Sunday are on the Coachella live stream right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXtPO4tUYE

It's wild that I've been listening to them for 20+ years and that they're still playing shows.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic posted:

Taking Back Sunday are on the Coachella live stream right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsXtPO4tUYE

It's wild that I've been listening to them for 20+ years and that they're still playing shows.

Just started listening to it, but the mix is awful weird. Sounds like Adam is like 20 feet away from the mic.

I enjoy that he still does the mic swinging schtick though.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Framboise posted:

Just started listening to it, but the mix is awful weird. Sounds like Adam is like 20 feet away from the mic.

I enjoy that he still does the mic swinging schtick though.

they were real bad at riot fest 2022. seems like adam really wants to be jack antinoff. is speaking with a weird fake southern accent too

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Dance Gavin Dance kicked Tilian out of the band. 👍👍

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Slotducks posted:

Dance Gavin Dance kicked Tilian out of the band. 👍👍

about loving time

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I loved him in Tides of Man.

But man that ego of his is unreal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hawthorne Heights is playing a show here with Thursday, Anberlin, Armor for Sleep, Emery and This Wild Life in August. I've never been into Hawthorne Heights, but I was just listening to Armor for Sleep the other day. Should I go just for them? I do like Anberlin too.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Emery and Thursday are worth checking out as well for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Goddamn this looks like a sick festival

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/33210297/dark-daysbright-nights-richmond-the-broadberry?syclid=cogj9f4h33ns73ct4mp0

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 18, 2024