Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

Capitan Dad posted:

Why do people consider Against Me! folk punk

Have you heard anything pre-Eternal Cowboy? Yeah....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
Is anyone here going to Chuck Ragan and Tom Gabel in Australia? I'm going to Newcastle, Sydney and Canberra and I can not loving wait. I love Chuck's album and Tom's new EP, plus HWM and AM! are two of my favourite bands. How do they go live? Do they play any covers?

Also, Propagandhi were awesome live a few weeks ago and Supporting Caste is getting continuous plays on my ipod. Really solid album.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
drat that new converge song sounds good.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
Now that groezrock has happened, do we know exactly who is in united nations?

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

Cathab posted:

My band just got done recording our first song for our demo yesterday. I've never been in a real band before, so I'm pretty loving excited about the entire process, and really happy with how this came out.

http://www.myspace.com/lightsleeperband

Influences are along the lines of Latterman/HWM/Lawrence Arms I guess. Would like to get some honest outside opinions.

Thanks

I opened up your myspace and a pop up started playing some lovely 8 bit song and I thought, "this doesn't sound much like Lawrence Arms or HWM". Took me about a minute to figure out the myspace player was on mute.

You guys sound good though. Come to Sydney and play maggotville or dirty shirlows or something. I'll be there for sure.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

albear posted:

Metalcore sucks, deathcore sucks. Why bother bringing it up in this awesome thread?

The worst music and the worst fans.

Indie sucks, hardcore sucks, emo sucks. You suck!

"worst music and worst fans" hahaha, the irony kills me.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
So Converge have a new song on their myspace and I believe it just melted my face clean off.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

-Atom- posted:

But man, I had no idea the band was so hated among you guys. I think they stand out and then some within the scene they happen to fall in.

Every band that more than 4 people have heard of and has released more than a split 7" with a band that 3 people have herd of is hated here.

Doppleganger is pretty good. Otherwise...meh.

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

Inspector_71 posted:

HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo

Too bad I missed La Quiete when they came through :(

(I'm listening to Raein right now actually)

They toured Australia a few weeks ago. If you have a chance to see them you really should. Awesome band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time
Converge just posted this on facebook:

This week we commence writing a new album together at God City, get ready world...

:D