Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
If you have the "Public Safety" MRR comp LP, the photo on the back of it is me, Grande from Annihilation Time and Ryan from Gilman stagediving at a Municipal Waste show in '02 or '03 at Burnt Ramen in Richmond. That show was insane. Yes, Ryan is flying through the air past a couch about 18 ft off of the ground in a nasty warehouse.

Also, if you haven't heard them yet, there is an amazing experimental Peacepunk band from Oakland called Surrender. They have a demo tape and a 7" out and are in the process of recording with Jason from Neurosis for an LP. I can't rave about them enough. They are all great people tooooooo....

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wooley posted:

Anyone around the NYC area should really go check out ATAKKE (http://www.myspace.com/atakkehatesyou). They completely rule, and I just had to miss a show with them and IRON LUNG because i'm not 21 :\. I saw Iron Lung at Best Friends Day this past summer, and for a 2 man band they really get people to go crazy.

YYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's my girl Chloe on vocals. She and her sister also sing in a rad metal band known as Under Satan's Sun.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
I adore USS, much more so than Attake. Mostly, I just love Chloe Puke, though.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

then drive back down again for chaos in tejas in may.

So you are going?

This year, so far, I have plans/plane tickets for:

Threat Fest in LA Feb 22nd/23rd (Mostly to see Resist & Exist one last time and hang out with my friends in Doomsday Hour. The rest of the lineup I'm not excited about at all so I'll probably skip the second day to go surfing and party. I'll probably have to wear a gasmask so as not to pass out from the smell of all the crusties)

Tour with Earth Crisis, Terror, Shai Halud, Sworn Enemy March 6th I'm hanging out in Tacoma/Olympia/Vancouver (any record shop recommendations?!) for a few days, meeting up with them there and doing the rest of the west coast with them. I'll be doing merch for someone, come say hi!

CHAOS IN TEJAS May 16th, 17th, 18th. Get ready to get buck loving wild at the boat show! I'll probably be hanging out for a bit in ATX after the fest too, but coming home in time for the Severed Head Of State/Blowback west coast tour.

Considering going to:

Burning PDX It's May 21st/22nd though and I'm thinking I will probably be too haggard from Texas to make it.

Sound and Fury Fest in July in LA for a bunch of bro-hardcore, but not sure yet.

I know it's still early, but anyone else hear of good fests coming up?

I'm taking it easy this year due to health problems, so I will not be on the road all the time. If I decide to take other offers, I'll post so people can say hi! It'll be a mini NMD goon meet, or something.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

:downswords: Aussie bands :downswords:

Don't forget Straightjacket Nation! They're touring the US soon:
http://www.myspace.com/straightjacketnationusatour

The old Australian band X is one of my favorites too. :3:

Yeap from Pisschrist is also in Whitehorse: http://www.myspace.com/getonthehorse

Mass Seperation is from Malaysia, but play in Australia often, so maybe check them out too: http://www.myspace.com/massseparation

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

Say you love The Saints :toughguy:

Hahaha, of course I do. I used to drive everyone nuts at Amoeba when I worked there by playing the "I'm Stranded" LP everyday.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

RunTo TheHills posted:

Do you have the lineup for Chaos in Tejas? I can't find it, but would consider roadtripping it out there with some friends for that if the lineup is as good as it's been in years past.

Timmy has the working lineup posted in his myspace blog here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2958230&blogID=341917092
Nothing is certain yet and there's a few surprises in the work he told me about, but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Honestly, no matter the bands, it's so loving worth the trip. I've gone for the past three years and every single time it's such a blast. One time I roadtripped with friends, one time as a roadie and I flew out with some friends last year. There's usually a pre-show every day, then the show at Emo's and then one or two aftershows (Seeing Forward and Warhead play some dude's living room at 4:45am as the sun came up after raging all night is something I will remember the rest of my life!!!) and an all-night party.

GET YOUR loving NOODLES AND YOUR MADDOGG 20/20 SLUSHIES READY!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Mike_V posted:

I thought they broke up for good like a year or two ago?

They broke up 'for good' about four or five years ago, but play a fest or show every once in a while. They played Gilman two or three years ago for a benefit for Anarchy Magazine we did and they are scheduled to play Threat Fest.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Going to chaos most likely. Still thinking about driving for annihilation time house shows and not going to the bullshit south by southwest thing. Warcry, Sanctum and Mala Sangre are all nice folks but I honestly could not stomach another "dirty summer kids" ordeal. Maybe I'll bug Underestimated about Chicagofest again.. except no-coast only bands.

Goddamn, you love AT. I still don't get it, but maybe I'm just spoiled.

What's this I hear about CLIT Fest not being total bullshit this year? I heard a little rumor that one of my favorite Chicago ladies is organizing it and workin' some magic?

GOON MEET AT CHAOS IN TEJAS!

Edited to say: I don't know if it's going on this year, but the Reno Brodeo is not to be missed!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

I'm gonna mosh your mad dog slushie into oblivion, kkkalifornian! Who's your chicago clit fest buddy, megan or miriam?

I WILL OUT-PARTY AND OUT-DANCE YOU ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, YOU SKINNY rear end NO-COASTER!

PS: Maddog 20/20, when placed in a freezer until JUST BEFORE it freezes solid really does make a slushie and I have fond memories of drinking them in La Fraction's van at 5am in the 90 degree heat after partying all night last year. Awesome.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

Its craig from a billion bands (lately conquest for death), I know what it is. When conquest for death toured they had the 7" but were charging 5+$ for it to raise money for their africa/asia tour. I can guarantee it will not go up in value, I just thought you didn't want it sorry :)

CFD is not Craig's most recent band by any means...

Also, Robert Collins is following in his footsteps and recently won Milwaukee's air guitar champs...

E: gently caress you, extraneous apostrophe.

----------------

COCKISPOISON fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 23, 2008

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wooley posted:

so apparently X is doing a 31st anniversary reunion tour and it's coming absolutely nowhere near me :(

Um, X (and their individual solo projects) play/tour pretty often. Are they doing something special because of the anniversary, or is it just another tour?

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Visiting my parents, so I checked out the record shop I used to shop at when I was a kid. Some dude had apparently just sold them a bunch of his collection a few days before, so I scored:

Functional Blackouts - ST LP (My copy didn't have the poster insert, so I bought this one.
Career Suicide / Jed Whitey Split LP
Vicious Circle / Perdition Split LP (Aussie Punk from 1985, haven't played it yet...)
Agent 86 - Apartheid American Style (Their '88 Discography LP, first two EP's plus five songs)
Life's Halt / WHN? Split LP (My ex stole my copy... grrrrrr.)
FU's - My America LP
XAOTIKO TELOS - Mprosta Sthn Paranoia LP Greek, heavy/doomy punk. Two copies, both perfect! Check out their fanpage here: http://www.myspace.com/chaoticendgr
Conflict - Conclusion Probably going on eBay, not much a fan.
Anti-Nowhere League - Live In Yugoslavia '83 LP
The Germs - Germicide LP Sealed, live recording of their first concert ever.
Social Unrest - Now And Forever LP 1988, mint with insert.
Dangerhouse Vol 1 LP Comp put out by the folks who did the record label, early LA punk like The Bags, The Eyes, Black Randy & The Metrosquad, etc.
The Drones - The Attic Tapes 1975-82 LP Early and lost recordings.
Various Artists - 415 Music LP Early SF Bay Area punk comp, a bunch of bands that were regulars at Mabuhay Gardens.
X - Ain't Love Grand LP
Blondie - Plastic Letters LP I only had the remaster, this was original.
Tribes of Neurot / Earth Split 7"
Josie Cotton - He Could Be The One Picturedisc 7"

Plus a couple of new wave and oldies records, but they aren't really relevant to the thread.

I'm going to go listen to them now, wheee!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Not specifically punk, but is anyone hitting up Maryland Death Fest this year? I'm mostly going for Hellnation and Nuclear Assault, but a lot of other awesome bands are playing.

https://www.supremebrutality.com

Oh jesus loving christ, now I really want to go. My pocketbook and liver are going to be hurting this year... Anyone want to fly to Maryland from the fest in Austin with me?

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

EvilRobot posted:

So, does everyone just couch surf Chaos In Tejas or is there a hotel we descend upon?
I'm currently trying to talk a few of the other old heads I know in to making the trip with me.

HOTELS AREN'T PUNK.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND

Way to slip that in there, duder.

ON A MORE IMPORTANT NOTE:

LOS CRUDOS (ONE TIME REUNION)AND
LEATHERFACE (ONE OF THREE US DATES)

ARE CONFIRMED FOR CHAOS IN TEJAS.

Spoke with Timmy today, it's gonna be WILD. More in store, as well!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Dillinger Four? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Marked Men? Yay! Hopefully Mark Pesci won't crack his head open again this year during their set...

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Agent Bob posted:

People hate Dillinger Four now?

Always have. Never liked the music, had the misfortune of working a show of theirs and their attitudes re-confirmed my dislike.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

MLIW is garbage and technically I shouldn't say that because my friend puts out their records, but they are.

Agreed 100%.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
I'll be working merch at most of the west coast shows for the Earth Crisis/Terror etc. tour. If you see a tall girl with short reddish hair, say hello!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Kungfu Rick?!

gently caress, now I have to go to Indiana.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Grigori Rasputin posted:

I'd lump it somewhere between Witch Hunt and Harum Scarum.

This makes me want to cry...

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Hah, I just noticed on the r5 site that Leftover Crack is playing the trocadero, yet again. Funny that they consistently play clear channel venues.

The Trocadero is the one venue in Philly thats really capable of holding a Leftover Crack show, in terms of size and capacity, sound equipment and security concerns. Every show we've done at the Church and other, more-DIY venues that Greg Daly books for end up as disastrous, and usually end in a riot.

It is a bummer, but Clear Channel's dominance of the market makes having functional shows incredibly difficult.

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Mike_V posted:

This Is My Fist! is one of my favorite female fronted bands (don't tell anyone I like Lemuria :ssh: ). NotAnAnthem, are they still together (I think they're from Chicago or something)?

They're from Oakland, moved to Chicago last year. They've broken up and re-formed many times, the only remaining original member is Annie the singer.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
As for female-fronted bands (girls can't play instruments, hurrrrr) browsing my record shelf gives me this list (skipping the obvious ones like Bikini Kill) :

45 Grave
7 Year Bitch
A.P.P.L.E
Abaddon
Adverts
The Alibis
Antischism (One of the best punk bands, ever, hands down. Lyz is a badass and one of the most genuine and inspiring people I've ever had the honor of calling a friend.)
Appalachian Terror Unit (Good folks!)
Aus Rotten (When Adrienne Droogas was singing)
Attake
Au Pairs
Avengers (Penelope is also a great, great lady!)
Babes In Toyland
The Bags
Ballast (Played one of the best shows I've ever put on with 1905 in '99)
The Bangs
Battle Of Mice (not really punk, but awesome)
Bayonettes
Big In Japan
Black Fork
Blatz
Bratmobile
Bread & Water
Busy Signals
Call The Police
Chumbawamba
Circle Takes The Square
Condenada
Contra La Contra (loving amazing)
Contravene
Damad
Dangerloves
Dead Moon
Decadent Few
Defile
Detestation
DIRT (all time favorite)
Edith Nylon (French new-wave)
Eyeliners
F-Minus
Fastbacks
Flowers In The Dustbin
Frightwig
Gather
Gits
Gorilla Angreb
Gossip
Hagar The Womb
Harum Scarum
Heavens To Betsy
Homomilitia
Honey Bane
Hue & Cry
Huggy Bear
Internal Autonomy
Iskra
Josie Cotton
Julie Ruin
Juliana Hatfield Trio
L7
La Fraction (one of the best bands to tour with, Magalie is AMAZING live)
Life...But How To Live It?
LiLiPuT
Liz Phair (only the Exile In Guyville LP)
Lost Cherrees
Lost World
Ludicra
Lydia Lunch
Made Out Of Babies
Masturbation
Mika Miko
Margaret Thrasher
The Muffs
Myth Of Progress
Nikki & The Corvettes
Nuns
One Reason
Patti Smith
Penetration
Petrograd
Poison Girls
Potential Threat
Post-Regiment (After '89 when Nika took over singing)
Raincoats
Rezillos
Riff Randells
Rubella Ballet
Sado-Nation
Screaming Sneakers (one of my favorite 7"'s I own)
Shaggs
Submission Hold
Spitboy
Spitch
Star loving Hipsters (not out yet, I sang some backup on it, Nico sings lead)
Stiff Jeans
Surrender
Suzi Quatro
Thee Headcoatees
Toxic Ephex
Toxic Waste
Under Satan's Sun
Unlovables
VKTMs
Whorehouse Of Representatives
Youth In Asia
Yeastie Girls

If I have time later, I'll go through more of my 7"'s but there's some neat articles here:

http://www.punk77.co.uk/punkettes/features.htm

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Not an Anthem posted:

Isn't there a new post regiment band going on, someone told me but the name slips my mind.

Yeah, there is. I don't remember the name either but if I remember correctly they're releasing an EP this year.

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Mike_V posted:

So it appears that Morning Glory have reformed and are touring the west coast soon. They also have a new album coming out. I am pretty stoked because they were by far my favorite of the Crack Rocksteady 7 bands and Ezra isn't a huge tool like Stza.

Ezra is equally, if not moreso, a tool. Sturg at least turns down the 15 year old fangirls when they try to bone him...

Seeing Pierced Arrows tonight in San Francisco, stoked!

----------------

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Saw Coke Bust, Pulling Teeth, Shipwreck & The Helm last night at Gilman, the show was awesome other than some stupid floorpunching. Mike Cheese from Gehenna showed and sang a song with Pulling Teeth and the room went nuts.

Go check out my boys the Helm on tour this month!!

Jul 26 2008 7:30P
Biko Co-op *Starts at 5:00 pm! Isla Vista California
Jul 27 2008 3:00P
The Pharaoh’s Den !!EARLY SHOW!! Riverside, California
Jul 28 2008 6:00P
The Chamber Phoenix, Arizona
Jul 29 2008 8:00P
Albuquerque Peace & Justice Hall Albuquerque
Jul 30 2008 7:30P
1919 Hemphill Fort Worth, Texas
Jul 31 2008 8:00P
Red 7 Austin, Texas
Aug 1 2008 8:00P
Cave 9 Birmingham, Alabama
Aug 2 2008 8:00P
Feral Skateshop Athens, Georgia
Aug 3 2008 8:00P
609 S Elm St. Greensboro, North Carolina
Aug 4 2008 8:00P
TBA Richmond, Virginia
Aug 5 2008 8:00P
The Party Mansion Philladelphia, Pennsylvania
Aug 6 2008 8:00P
The Stolen Sleeves Collective Brooklyn, New York
Aug 7 2008 8:00P
Easy Axxess (House show) Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Aug 8 2008 7:00P
American Legion Hall Boston, Massachusetts
Aug 9 2008 7:00P
Wasted City Colchester, Vermont
Aug 10 2008 7:00P
The Westcott Community Center Syracuse, New York
Aug 12 2008 6:00P
The High Five Columbus, Ohio
Aug 13 2008 6:00P
The dipping station Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Aug 14 2008 7:00P
The NELC Minneapolis, Minnesota
Aug 15 2008 8:00P
The YRS Waterloo, Iowa
Aug 16 2008 8:00P
1205 w. 23rd street Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Aug 22 2008 8:00P
Dog City (aka. camp nowhere) Seattle

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Yeah!!! Marrow is my boys from Tacoma! Check out the Helm (on tour now) or Greyskull 2000 (touring next month) or Owen Hart (touring in December.) They share members.

Tacoma is an awesome town!

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007
Caught both bay area Portraits Of Past shows this weekend, both were loving awesome although their merch selection was totally lackluster. Was loving stoked that Yaphet Kotto didn't play because Mag the Rapist decided to get shitfaced at a bar and be so late to the show his band had already given up, packed up and left.

Also caught the second Peligro Social show with the new lineup on Sunday afternoon with Verbal Abuse (boring) & Krum Bums (heinous.) Peligro was on top of it, the crowd loved it and a good time with a frisbee was had by all. Pullout is a new hardcore band composed of members of Monster Squad and DCOI with more of a Righteous Jams type sound. They opened, I think it was their first show (or one of them) and I picked up their demo - pleasantly surprised. I think they have a myspace, check it out!

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

Parachute Underwear posted:

Mag the Rapist?

Mag (singer of Yaphet Kotto) is pretty well known in the bay area as both a rapist and the sketchiest dude around. Between him and Casey Watson, the band is vying for sketchiest band ever, not to mention loving BORING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COCKISPOISON
Mar 13, 2007

punxnbutter posted:

Did Monster Squad split or is this a side project? I really liked their last album....it was back to the roots. I've never gotten the chance to see them jam live though damnit

They are on a break, not broken up. They're playing a show next week, actually.