Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just found out Gallows are touring the UK in Febuary, and Set Your Goals are supporting. I'm getting tickets tomorrow. Excited for this. I've seen Gallows before, and they are awesome live, and I missed Set Your Goals last time they toured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

GenghisTron posted:

The Gallows tour support is Set Your Goals, hosed Up and SSS. Should be fun.

Got a link to a myspace or something for hosed Up, since there are tons of bands with that name.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Arson Equity posted:

hosed Up's only website is http://lookingforgold.blogspot.com

They don't have an informative website but if you look through the posts you'll find pretty much anything you need to know and way more things that are completely fictitious or made-up.

Is there any music online? All I can find on there is talks about their 7". And I don't really wanna fork out money for a 7" of a band I might not like. I just wanna know what they sound like for when I see them.

EDIT: I checked around on ebay and saw stuff wasn't too expensive, so I bought a couple of 7"s and a cd.

RagingPawn fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 6, 2007

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

theEZkill posted:

I'm starting to love these electronica hardcore bands.

myspace.com/skymeetsairplane
myspace.com/entershikari
myspace.com/ambushreality <-- check out "mothership"

anyone know of any other bands similar to these?

Ambush Reality is run by Enter Shikari, it's not a band.

Seeing Enter Shikari on the 22nd for an all nighter. Should be pretty sweet.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

theEZkill posted:

Oh ok I just saw them on their top friends on myspace, checked it out and fell in love with mothership - is it a side project with all the members?

It's kinda like a record label thing they put together themselves to release their songs, back before they were as big as they are now.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Shame that tour doesnt come to the UK, last time I saw Bayside they were awesome.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I'd like to see that, without having to purchase archives.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Seeing A Wilhelm Scream on the 24th. What can I expect from one of their live shows?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So yeah, A Wilhelm Scream tomorrow night. Pretty excited. I've got two tickets and still havent found someone to go with and a way home yet.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I'm there on the 19th. I'm really going for Set Your Goals, but hosed Up and Gallows are a bonus.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Set Your Goals, Gallows, hosed Up and SSS tomorrow night. Pretty psyched. Can't be bothered to drive the hour or so it takes to get there, but ah well.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So yeah, last night saw hosed Up, Set Your Goals and Gallows.

Was in traffic all the way so missed out on the first band, SSS, but I've been told they sucked.

Then came hosed Up, who I haven't really heard that much of their stuff, but I thought they were amazing. The singer was in the crowd for pretty much the whole set, just barging through.

Then Set Your Goals came on. I've always been a big SYG fan, so I moved forward as much as I can with my friends and we got to the centre about two rows from the front. SYG blew me away, they were so tight and you can tell they were having tons of fun onstage. Annoyingly not too many people seemed to know the words, but me and friends sang along to every song. Matt even gave us the microphone for the "da da da" bit at the end of Echoes.

Then after quite a wait it was time for Gallows, who I have seen a few times before, but this was definatly the best time. Their stage presence is incredible, and again you can tell they were having so much fun on stage. They played a cover of Nervous Breakdown, and Frank, the vocalist, asked for a massive circle pit, but told everyone to help each other out and have fun, but halfway through he told the band to stop and started calling out a guy in the crowd that he had seen pick a kid up by the throat. He was swearing at the guy, telling him to come on stage so they could have a fight, then trying to get into the crowd after him, but the security soon dragged the guy out and they carried on playing.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Right, opinions please.

Against Me! are playing here in the UK in April, they are headling the Corp in Sheffield, which I've been told is a pretty small venue. Now, do I get tickets or not? Are they likely to play alot of New Wave crap, or will they stick to the older material?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So, Against Me! tomorrow night. I wasn't too fussed before, but now I'm pretty psyched. I've heard they are playing more older material at the minute so I'm hoping that happens tomorrow night.

The only thing I'm not looking forward too is the two hour drive home afterwards.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Punknews.org posted:

Popular Mississauga, ON-based punk act The Fullblast have announced plans for a reunion/final show set to take place July 30th at the Reverb in Toronto. The show will be part of the Famoose Friends & Fashion Pelts Tour with A Wilhelm Scream and Living With Lions.

The band adds:

This will give us a chance to play one last show together - something we weren't sure we'd ever see happen. Its really exciting and we hope some of you will come out, maybe some of you will even travel some distance to come. We'll be playing somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15 songs - so it should be a fun night spanning the whole catalogue.

I can't believe I can't go to this, The Fullblast are amazing, but no way can I go to Toronto from the UK just for this. Anyone going?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So tomorrow night is New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong and Crime in Stereo.

Should be a decent show I think.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

tommw posted:

Went last night. The sound is Brixton was horrible as usual and I didn't think much of Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals live (missed CIS). New Found Glory were pretty good but my god, the setlist feels like it never changes. The cover of 'No Reason Why' by Gorilla Biscuits was sick though!

I missed the first couple if CIS songs, but the part of the set I did see was pretty good. I do like them, but have never really listened to them that much.

I really enjoyed Four Year Strong, though didnt really see the point of the synth guy, since it could barely be heard and apart from that he did a few vocal parts but nothing much.

Set Your Goals were awesome, pure and simple, just fun music to sing along to with your friends.

Then came NFG, who I'm not too into but I went into the pit for because my friends are into them. Their set seemed to just go on forever, though that may be because I only really know the singles.
They got some dude up on stage who had been to every show of the tour and played a couple of songs he requested, which was pretty cool.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just bought tickets for Architects and Misery Signals on friday. Though I have yet to hear Misery Signals new album, how is it?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just got back from Misery Signals. Wow. They really were awesome. They sound so much better live than on CD. The headliners, Architects were also amazing, I remember seeing them play last year in a pub near where I live, and now they are headlining a big tour like this, it's pretty cool.

The only bad thing was the show was full of little kids wearing headbands and New Era hats in the pits just kicking poo poo out of each other and anyone nearby. I don't see the point.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

It's called hardcore dancing :confused:

granted some people are way waay more obnoxious about it than others but it's kind of an endless debate on if it's acceptable or not. I know when I dance I definitely hit people on the sides of the pit, it's just how it goes. Hope you're not the type that brings his gf and gets all riled up when she gets hit cause she was headbanging in the middle of the pit.

No, I understand hardcore dancing, and I love being in a pit as much as other people, but I don't see the point in purpusfully elbowing and kicking people who blatently don't want to be in the pit.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Competition posted:

They don't fit all that well in this thread but is anyone a fan of the King Blues?

http://www.myspace.com/thekingblues

I've been ignoring this band for way too long.

I've seen them live a few times and my friends band has played with them. They are a great band to listen to, especially when drunk :)
I can't decide which of their albums I prefer though.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Have Heart have split up :(

guess this means I'll definatly be catching them on this tour

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

Sticky posted:

Polar Bear Club just announced the name and date for their new stuff "Chasing Hamburg" will be released on September 8th. Don't sleep on this poo poo.

I'm off to see Polar Bear Club with Ruiner tomorrow. A mate of mine saw them supporting Gaslight Anthem and said they were a bit iffy live. I guess I'll see for myself tomorrow.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
The singer from Ghost of a Thousand once gave me money of a shirt because I opened his beer for him with my teeth since he had no bottle opener. Nice guy.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
I saw Your Demise last night, in some sort of little village hall social club thing. It was a tiny place. It was awesome!

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Saw Have Heart, Rise and Fall and Shipwreck last night. Great show. Alot of people in the bands had food poisening but it didnt really hinder them too much.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

liwet posted:

I have tickets for the Flatliners, Frank Turner and Ghost Of A Thousand. Particularly amped about the Flatliners.

Where are you seeing Flatliners? My friends band The Living Daylights are supporting them on a couple of their dates.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Saw Title Fight, Shook Ones and Polar Bear Club tonight. Title Fight blew me away, and the crowd loved it, signing along, flying around it was mad. Then Shooks were on, I'm not really into them but I watched a few songs before deciding to check out merch etc. Then PBC came on, its the second time I have seen them and I don't think they were as good as last time, but that might be because I'm not as familier with their new album as I was the first album and ep.

But all in all, a pretty good night.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
the next few months should actually be quite good show wise, especially for the uk.

Touche Amore, Transit and Man Overboard, then in january Tigers Jaw, which im so psyched about

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
new defeater. wow.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Yeah. The acoustic really really imprssed me. When they said they were doing acoustic stuff on the new album I expected it all to sound like Prophet in Plain Clothes. But the new song is so much better than that.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just got back from Suis la Lune and Pianos become the Teeth. Completely blown away

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Just found out La Dispute and Touche Amore are doing a uk tour in the summer. This is good news.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
So next weekend its

http://crashdoubtfest.blogspot.com/p/line-up.html

which is a pretty big for the city I live in. Stoked.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
The new Touche Amore is incredible. Condolences gives me chills.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

luckdragon posted:

saw touche amore & la dispute last night. oh man...

Just got back from seeing them in leeds. Incredible. So were Death is not Glamorous. Living with Lions were a massive disapointment though.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

A5H posted:

Someone put the entire touche amore set from leeds on youtube if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJrKFpDyR5Q

Also is their singer a bit autistic or something?

This is actually pretty decent quality. One of the lads I went with stage dives about 4 times throughout the set and is the first one on stage at the end of Honest Sleep. Bit eager like

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
the new pianos become the teeth. wow.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Saw The Wonder Years tonight. I've missed them the past few times they have been over here, but it was worth the wait. Great live band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

lifeloveregret posted:

If anyone's going to any of the remaining dates send me an email and I'll see if I can get you on the guestlist. I'd rather have you guys than people that only contact me to ask for a spot haha.

egoodman@inbox.com

Any plans to come back to the UK anytime soon?