Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

The Blood Brothers - This Adultery Is Ripe (Full Album)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk01ThRpCd4

Does anyone have recommendations for an album like this that's come out from a band in the last ~10 years? I used to love their album Crimes as a youth and listened to this album (their first one) for the first time last night. It's interesting to hear a band be experimental and find their sound.

So I guess my question is: Does anyone have an example of a band finding their sound with something that isn't exactly fun to listen to (the not fun part is my focus kind of).. but they're trying different things and you listen to it and go "ohh that's what they were going for"? I really enjoyed listening to this album even though I don't think I liked it necessarily, but you can hear what they were eventually going to do and I'm looking for stuff like that if that makes sense.

Experimental albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU