Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

mrmanatee posted:

After having Screeching Weasel's self-titled album for a while and still loving it, what album should I get next?

You can't go wrong with "My Brain Hurts." My favorite is actually "Anthem for a New Tomorrow" so I suggest you check out that one too, and then get sucked in and enjoy them all for what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Hot Water Music has some tour dates listed. Apparently tickets went on sale Saturday.

1/19 - Orlando, FL @ House of Blues
1/25 - Sayerville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
2/2 - Chicago, IL @ The Metro

Their website is sort of updated and has some more info.

quote:

Q: Are you guys still doing The Draft and Chuck solo stuff?
A: Yes, very much so.

Q: Are you going to do another HWM record?
A: We haven’t even rehearsed the old poo poo yet.

Q: How many HWM shows are you going to do?
A: We haven’t put a limit on it, but it’s not anything we’ve really thought about, either.

Q: What/how many songs are you guys going to be playing?
A: Who knows/ a bunch, hopefully. We’re working on a way to incorporate you all on the set making a bit. Not too much, though. You guys like some terrible songs.

We really, honestly don’t know anything aside from the info we’re releasing right here. IF anything else is going to happen, we’ll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we do. Thanks a ton for the positive response, everyone.

Peace
HWM

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Cathab posted:

Anyone got any suggestions for bands similar to The Tim Version / Off With Their Heads / Young Livers? Just that really up-beat, rough-as-gently caress dirty punk rock and roll? Listening to them is such a loving good time.

Have you checked out Billy Reese Peters? No Idea Beard Rock like The Tim Version.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Eight Is Legend posted:

The guys from the metal thread said I should talk to you guys.

I'm going to see The Dillinger Escape Plan/Poison the Well in March. Not really having listened to that much music from both bands, which records by them would you recommend to start with?

"Opposite of December" for PTW and "Calculating Infinity" for DEP as previously mentioned, but most bands play a lot of new material live, so I'd check out the two newest DEP albums also since they will probably play a lot of those songs live. Not sure about Poison the Well, because I thought they broke up and I've never seem them live.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Has anyone heard the new Life at these Speeds split with Thank God? I just ordered it because I didn't realize they still had some music coming out after they broke up. I hope it's top notch. It's on Tick Tock Records.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

I dig the giant Lamar Outdoor Advertising logo. I guess they snatched that off of a billboard.

*Edit* unless they are sellouts and sell advertising in small venues now heh

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

This was posted on a local message board about Dudefest 6 in Indianapolis.

quote:

here's who is confirmed so far:

coliseum
backstabbers inc.
demiricous
get rad
ghostlimb
graf orlock
hewhocorrupts
insect warfare
lords
minsk
nachtmystium
the network
phoenix bodies
skeletonwitch
shitstorm
torche
transistor/transistor
trap them
the wayward
weekend nachos
worldeater
you will die
young widows

more info later.

https://www.myspace.com/dudefestindiana

Seems like it could be killer, but I've never been to one despite living in Indiana.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Murphy's Law is playing in my town tomorrow night. Are they worth seeing for $12 if I've never listened to them besides single tracks and I don't care for any of the local bands opening?

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Ceremony, Saber Tooth Zombie, and Life Long Tragedy are playing a Shelter House show in my town. You aren't allowed to charge money since it's at a park, so the guy who booked it has to accept donations at the door. Shelter House shows are fun and I've never seen non-local bands play one. I have to work, but I'm going to try catch the end of it.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

I'm checking out one of my city's only pop-punk bands tonight. It seems like every show here is hardcore or hardcore influenced punk, so they are refreshing. They are called Be My Doppelganger, and they will be playing Insubordination Fest in Baltimore next week if anyone is going.
http://www.myspace.com/bemydoppelganger

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Dorepoll posted:

Their website says that they released a self titled EP last week. It's on the US Amazon and iTunes store. Which sucks for me because I am in Australia.

Their website was https://www.thefalconisbiggerthanjesus.com but it seems to be down now. I too think you have the wrong band named after the same bird.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Does anyone remember a band from Canada in the late 90's- early 00's called Chupacabra? I'm sure there have been tons of bands called Chupacabra, but this specific band had male and female vocals. Really intense screams. I remember them from mp3.com, but I can't find much info on them anymore. I was in 8th grade when I heard them, and I really liked them and I can't find track listings to any of my burnt compilation cds from back then so I can't listen to them now without going through dozens of unlabeled cds. Any info in how to get their music again, or current bands of members would be appreciated.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Parachute Underwear posted:

Back to college last Wednesday and couldn't sleep the night before, but I listened to the new Gaslight Anthem album on my way to school and holy poo poo it cheered me up. Awesome summer album.

Agreed. School is starting soon for me too, so I drove to my favorite mountain bike spot. After riding, I listened to this on the way home, knowing it was one of the last times I could ride at noon on a Wednesday for a long time. It was good.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

No Idea put up whatever they had left from the Fest pressing of Hawks and Doves' new 7'. I recommend you all buy it and support this awesome man.

I just ordered one. Thanks for the notice. I was just listening to The Fest Compilation that they put out online, and I was like "Why does this sound so familiar?" and then I looked it up online, and it all made sense. I checked out their MySpace, and he seems pretty down about PMFS not being around anymore.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

Iron Lung posted:

When and where is this happening? Hewhocorrupts!!!

Dude Fest takes place in Indianapolis, Indiana.

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

The new Bomb the Music Industry is available for download from their website. I haven't given it a really good listen, but there seems to be a lot of keys on it and it sounded good upon the initial listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

I'm not sure how much national attention they will get, but the new be My Doppelganger full length is excellent. It's available for preorder through It's Alive Records. Comes out August 31, but you get a download code with the preorder, and you can download 4 tracks on their website http://www.bemydoppelganger.com/

Awesome pop-punk in the vein of D4 and The Ergs.