Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Bleach Boys (texas, not skinhead band, altho they rule too) loving rock.

http://www.myspace.com/bleachboystx

Altho if you are a fan of the other band then you might be psyched to hear the Templar's shop in NYC is carrying their shirts as well as for mailordering.

Got the LSD discography too..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
A loving men on the endless blockade half of that split. Not a big MGR fan but I love Knuckle Scraper. ANS' lp The Process of Stoking Out has been out for a while but I dunno if they're still on tour, they were in Europe I think. Texas is full of killer stuff, I miss Army of Jesus and Complications tho.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Dillinger: that show is going to slay. Big starkweather fan too, never seen them live.

Excerpt from interview with mike/gehenna from Earth Sucks #2/Omega

quote:

Earth Sucks: To silence the internet poo poo-talkers for once and for all, what exactly went down at This Is Not a Fest at Gilman earlier this month?

M: Things went stupid with members of the band. Only Jensen and I showed. Even after the drummer said he was going to be there and play. (There is an internal problem with the band right now that I'm trying to sort out) So Jensen and I did what Gehenna does whenever we are all together. Usually we play music. But when there are only 2 of us we eat food, listen to music, and get hosed up. So that is what we did. I played Project Pat "Still Ridin' Clean," Jensen ate a veggie burrito, I smoked a spliff, drank whiskey, and talked poo poo. The last words in the song are "...and I'm still on the scene. Nigga, what?" So I said that at the end of the song and we walked off stage. There were some square assed mother fuckers that were talking poo poo and trying say we ripped 'em off cause we didn't play, but that's cause they don't realize that they actually saw Gehenna. That is Gehenna. There are no guarantees that we are gonna be good, play your favorite song, not hurt you, or even show up. That is Gehenna in our truest form.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

MattWPBS posted:

Yeah, that'd be cool. I've still got those two lovely Limits 7"s and the t-shirt for you. Want to do just make it a like for like swap?
Yeah, lemme know if theres anything specific you want, I linked a ton of chicago bands a page or so back but I can get other semi-local stuff from cleveland or st louis.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Wax Museums played with Busy Signals, Catburglars and Cheap Time. Excellent show, Wax Museums weren't as mindblowing as I have been told but they were seriously awesome. Bonus they're all really young which generally lets a band be more loose.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Free Canadian Rifle/Chronic Seizure/Shopping/Busy Signals show tonight was great, tomorrow is Daylight Robbery and thursday is Homostupids (gently caress YES)/Catburglars/No Slogan/Krunchies.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

THE LUMMOX posted:

Tragedy is good, beyond just the surface Botch worship.
You're melting my brain here, is there another band named Tragedy or perhaps another band named Botch?

Japanese bands don't always draw a huge crowd everywhere, compared to us their touring networks are much tighter. Hard keeping them afloat with lovely shows people don't turn up to. I heard the Age tour totally slayed, kinda wish I had gone to Texas. West coast usually lucks out in that regard although the recent Forward/Warhead tour was really nice, saw them twice.

Homostupids is tomorrow, Bludwulf/Pigsticker/Midnight/Rot poo poo is playing Cleveland on friday.. saturday Homostupids are playing Milwaukee and Rot poo poo is playing here. Busy weekend!

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 17, 2008

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

If you're in driving distance of Milwaukee I advise thee to get the gently caress there. Its a huge show that starts around 4, Homostupids are on around 8 or so. Probably the only time you'll see them outside Cleveland. Their two tours so far have been

1) Toronto, then home
2) Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee, then home

They probably aren't coming out again anytime soon. Alessandro from Out With A Bang is with them headbutting everything that moves.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Yeah well if its any consolation I missed Pigsticker, old hometown heros Bludwulf, and Midnight today because I thought I had a date. I would have driven 9 hours alone to see that easy peasy. UNHOLY AND ROTTEN!

I saw homostupids in toronto at the hosed up weekend with brutal knights.. actually I saw them twice there, as well as seeing double negative twice, not to mention all the other bands (millenial reign, urban blight, career suicide, etc).

Its always worth driving out to a show. Make friends in other cities or offer money/cooking/cleaning for a couch to crash that night. I've missed a bunch of sweet out of state shows recently. I think Annihilation Time is playing that lovely south by southwest thing and I would drive down for them seeing as they won't play chicago anymore, then drive back down again for chaos in tejas in may.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Not big on that kind of sound personally. I don't know much about Aussie punk but here's what I do like:

Pisschrist: http://www.myspace.com/dbeatholocaust

When they came to chicago their roadie was Bart from

Schifosi: http://www.myspace.com/schifosi

Shares members with

ABC Weapons: http://www.myspace.com/abcweapons

Other bands:

Miso Maniax: http://www.myspace.com/misomaniax
Anarchoi: http://www.myspace.com/anarchoi
and of course Radio Birdman

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Going to chaos most likely. Still thinking about driving for annihilation time house shows and not going to the bullshit south by southwest thing. Warcry, Sanctum and Mala Sangre are all nice folks but I honestly could not stomach another "dirty summer kids" ordeal. Maybe I'll bug Underestimated about Chicagofest again.. except no-coast only bands.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Midnight and Hard Skin, I'm loving sold and that's plenty of non-pc non-kosher salt to rub in the deep d-beat wounds.

I'm gonna mosh your mad dog slushie into oblivion, kkkalifornian! Who's your chicago clit fest buddy, megan or miriam?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Agent Bob, I'll pay shipping for the Hot Lixx Hulahan 7" if you don't want it? They played with breakfast when I saw CFD and I spent my money on the breakfast tshirt, altho I wanted the gimmick 7" more.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Its craig from a billion bands (lately conquest for death), I know what it is. When conquest for death toured they had the 7" but were charging 5+$ for it to raise money for their africa/asia tour. I can guarantee it will not go up in value, I just thought you didn't want it sorry :)

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Agent Bob posted:

I feel were all solid choices. I'm in love with Skate Korpse right now, as well as Homostupids.
Art of the Underground or Feral Kid (that where you got the LP?) might have copies of Skate Korpse 7"s, AOTU put out one of their singles but its out of print. Amazing band, they would play nearly every show we booked. If you like them check out 17th Class. Homostupids are, well, nothing short of perfection. Steve's "solo" project "Factorymen" is available from My Mind's Eye mailorder and there are a few more Homostupids records coming out soon.

86 Mentality's last show is March 22, Repos last two shows are March 28/29. Mandatory attendance for non-posers.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I actually never saw them selling shirts while they played in Rochester, it might have been a later thing.

You're complaining about the cover or sleeve's seam being split? I don't know who alex uses for printing but you can email him about it I guess, kind of a nitpicky thing to complain about on a diy distro's release. I'm not saying "punk is punk" but it doesn't affect the play of the record. He's not a big label although he works incredibly professionally in that regard.

I just checked my copy of the skate korpse LP and its got backward labels too, hilarious. The guys who do that screened it all themselves and my back cover is kinda spotty, comes with the territory.

The worst labels for that stuff are Underestimated and Punks Before Profits. Former is ex-Get It Away frontman who prints all his own stuff and does printing for everyone else, however occasionally he "hires" rejects to glue up all the seams and stuff covers (paid in records or warhammer miniatures). Then again he's also done bad print jobs like having to resticker the State lp or the gold/black Coke Bust 7". Ryan does PBP and used to ship records in paper, I've gotten some completely unusable stuff from him. I love him and his ethics but I am not gonna pay for a dead record.

edit, for the hell of it check out the band Still x Ill, guy from Art of the Underground's band

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 24, 2008

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

:d:hf::w00t:

97A - Society's Running on Empty
97A - Abandoned Future
From Ashes Rise - Silence
From Ashes Rise - st
hosed Up - Looking For Gold (have seconds now)
No Parade - Ceaseless Fire
Tear It Up / ETA - split
VA - Death to Hardcore Death to Reagan
VA - Town of Hardcore (prob. the best 7" I now own)
World Burns to Death - Acid in the Face of Human Rights
They Live - A Taste of the Good Life
His Hero Is Gone - Fools Gold (to go with my His Iro Is Gone 7"!)

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Argh don't say Vile, I missed ordering the Parts Unknown repress of their LP :mad:

I'm in London the 23-29th of March visiting my sister, which means I miss both of the Repos' last shows and miss driving to see 86 Mentality's last show. However that also means killer vegan grub at Pogo and days of record shopping.

One Foot in the Grave/Poison Planet/For Granted/Humanoids played yesterday, Poison Planet was excellent.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Thanks, I think 23-25 I'm busy altho I'd kill to see them again, they played here the same weekend if I remember right as Pinkeye's only US show a couple years back.

RAPE LITTLE GIRLS? Yeah that was probably me, district attorney.

Super PC kid I know complained about Rabies' stage antics and predicted Vile would become big again, little did I know he only said it because PU repressed the LP and I'm sure he has a copy the lucky bastard.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Dunno what the caravan from chicago's gonna be like, some of the older married types get hotels, some sleep in vans etc. Usually locals reserve floorspace for bands unless you can get a foot in early. We slept on the roof of Whole Foods main headquarters the last day we were there, not too shabby if you have warm clothes. Either way I'll see you jerks down by the poo filled river to play slap-a-turtle.

Turns out I can make the last Repos show, its going to be monumental (madison, wisconsin march 29th!). Face Value reunion with Upstab and a bunch of others announced too, July 5th in Cleveland.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Extinction of Mankind's last gig ever: 1in12 Club, Bradford UK

Deviated Instinct, Extinction of Mankind, Warprayer 7:30pm, Saturday 2nd Feb

Holy poo poo, if you're in the UK jump on this, I love EOM :(

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

hosed Up is touring with Hard Skin in May

FRIDAY MAY 9th
NEW YORK CITY
THE KNITTING FACTORY
hosed UP
HARD SKIN
INVASION

SATURDAY MAY 10
PHILADELPHIA
venue TBA
hosed UP
HARD SKIN
INVASION

SUNDAY MAY 11
PITTSBURGH PA
SMARTNICKS BIRTHDAY
hosed UP
PISSED JEANS
HARD SKIN
INVASION

They're playing that stupid south by southwest thing but apparently annihilation time is too, so maybe I have to go

FEB 14 LONDON @ BARFLY
FEB 15 NORWICH @ UEA *
FEB 16 BIRMINGHAM @ ACADEMY *
FEB 17 SOUTHAMPTON @ JOINERS
FEB 18 CARDIFF @ UNIVERSITY *
FEB 19 NOTTINGHAM @ ROCK CITY *
FEB 21 MANCHESTER @ ACADEMY 2 *
FEB 22 NEWCASTLE @ ACADEMY *
FEB 23 GLASGOW @ ABC *
FEB 24 LEEDS @ MET UNIVERSITY *
FEB 25 BRIGHTON @ ENGINE ROOMS
FEB 26 EXETER @ LEMON GROVE *
FEB 27 PORTSMOUTH @ PYRAMID *
FEB 28 SHEFFIELD @ THE CORPORATION
FEB 29 LONDON @ ASTORIA *
MAR 1 KINGSTON @ FIGHTING COCKS

Might try to be at any of the shows between Feb 25 and 29, the night of the 29th there is a huge hardcore band reunion in Madison headlining for the Repos last show. Trujaca re"pressed" the 2006 FU tape if you're collecting/counting, and it turns out there's at least two if not three versions of the christmas 7"

IIRC there are three more records coming out very soon.. this band is going to be the death of me.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Got my Town of Hardcore package, they still have at least the book if not the book+record deal at Eating Rats, pick it up if you dont have the zines.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I couldnt get into the first pissed jeans record but now I dunno, clockcleaner I definitely wasn't into but homostupids keep dropping them in interviews which I don't understand.

Was in Milwaukee for Get Rad/In Defense/Weekend Nachos/Brainhandle +more, fantastic show but lots of awkward push moshing. Ate at Palamino, deelish.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

What is the website that has a list of recent record prices sold on ebay thats searchable?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

As an idea I love the name Buy Us Some Heroin, as a band not so much. Brainhandle slayed. Debating over to trade for rare records but I know if I do I will regret it.

Playlist lately is Punch in the Face, Haymaker, SSS, 2nd Town of Hardcore 7", rear end in a top hat Parade/Lhighve split.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

He didn't mention he plays in a band called Poison Planet. They are very good. Look for a three way tape with Mag Lev and Wyrd Byrds soon.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Finally got my Gehenna preorder but did not get my Pulling Teeth preorder for Martyr Immortal- its been about three months! I never order from A389 so I don't know if its unusual. Parts Unknown hosed up my order twice (once due to shopping cart problems, but still, come on its your website) but are finally getting me that Wolfdowners lp with freebies thrown in.

Hate when a few of those happen because I usually have a lot of faith in mailorder and like supporting it.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I got my gf a loving steal of early industrial, punk and goth records but the dude's cat had whizzed all over every inch of his house including the practice amp I bought from him. Everything smelled like utter rank dank cat pee :(

The records play fine though. Don't inhale!

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Don't forget crude and hard skin for chaos in tejas

Hard Skin
Dillinger Four
Fy Fan
Invasion
Straight Jacket Nation
the Marked Men
Brain Handle
Midnight
Hatred Surge/Iron Lung
Under Pressure

Crude (almost 100% anyway)
Crudos
Leatherface

Midnight is going to tear your face off and poo poo in its cavity. This is a rare fest where I'll only dislike one or two bands playing.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

COCKISPOISON posted:

Hopefully Mark Pesci won't poo poo on someone's floor again
I feel bad as I was the one who told emo's to call an ambulance when he clocked himself

I never liked D4 and its strange I guess but the older crowd likes them.

I was walking home from a class and stopped in a little italian grocery for my favorite snack when one of the family who runs the place started singing suicidal tendancies, probably due to my municipal waste faux-ST hat, so we got to talking and he told me how he tries to find old ST stuff online but he can't figure out download sites or something.

We finished up the conversation and I jetted home and made him an easy tape with the s/t ST album, SOD's Speak English or Die (hilarious, he's a FOB italian) and Municipal Waste's Hazardous Mutation. When I gave it to him his only toothless words were "thank you.. now I can sleep at night."

Excellent day.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Finally got my Wolfdowners record, saxophone is a nice touch, GET DOWN HERE YOU SON OF A BITCH! Needles record is sick too, haven't listened to the others yet.

MLIW is garbage and technically I shouldn't say that because my friend puts out their records, but they are.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Late Fees, where did you hear it? The Baron pretty much swore off ever working with them again, let alone with/for the punk or hardcore scene. Inside Front or some zine did an interview with him almost a decade ago where he said just the same, unless sales of the represses made his eyes bulge which I doubt.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

The baron lives on the isle of skye and runs a smithing operation, it just doesnt sound right.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

MattWPBS posted:

Your friends are liars.
Hah, I missed that but yes, your friends are morons. Short Sharp Shock are really good thrash.

Matt is there anything you want from here when I come out specifically? I was thinking of getting copies of the chronic seizure ep's, catburglars ep's, dunno if you want a tshirt or something

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Hydrac7 posted:

SSS are pretty good but it's hard to top Municipal Waste's Tango and Thrash.
SSS tops MW in my book. They're great but the last time I saw MW witte got really serious about recording and micing the show. Brandon was great but I'm glad he left as he did a bunch of great bands after leaving. I didn't see the original lineup, but the second one was pretty drat good.

Plus the SSS 7" cover.. come on.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

ChaosNonMusica, you hit the nail on the head.. here in chicago things are billed as "straight edge bands" and it really makes me want to ignore the show altogether.

edit- some ingredients in inks aren't vegan, and most straight edge people I know consider veganism to be ingrained in straight edge. Anyways. Music, not retarded poo poo?

If you like OWAB Allesandro decided to stick around the states and is doing a Clevo band. Expect the seventh level of hell.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

caleb posted:

Posting because I <3 Weekend Nachos.
Hilarious band, they're one of the only chicago bands people know about for whatever reason.. which sparked lead singer John's altercation with the guy from ANS (who I guess was roadie for Vitamin X?) who said Rager was the only good band out of Chicago. John flipped out on him with a list of monumental bands (anything's better than Rager) which was probably just Sidewalk written over and over (although I hear he underlined Crudos).

John's written some hilarious letters in MRR and some random zines, I think I posted one excerpt in this thread.

Brutal Knights played this weekend and let Chronic Seizure play last which was awkward but good. Catburglars opened and they were the worst I'd seen them which really isn't saying much, but I love that band more than most locals. Retainers played their first set in a while too and rocked.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

sup GISM/Comes split, hosed Up/Hard Skin split

:love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Shai Hulud is terrible but you could check out The Aftermath.

I won't spoil it but check out the lyrics afterwards.