Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Wasted Time is not a new band in any sense of the word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
My friend just told me he has tickets to the lip cream show today. Zach you're not going are you? Not going to chaos this year makes me want to hoof it to california for the big prank show..

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

answersyouseek posted:

My band, Southside Stranglers (http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva), is going on tour next week in support of our new single Strangle You. We are playing:

5/4: Durham, NC at The Kent House with Thieves and Shards
5/5: Atlanta, GA at The Cat Cave with ?
5/6: Nashville, TN at Glenn Danzig's House with The Cannomen and Symptoms
5/7: Chicago, IL at The Exit with ?
5/8: Horrible Fest at Now That's Class with a bunch of bands

If you are around any of these cities you should come check us out. I'll be the bass player who can't walk so feel free to come make fun of me for being temporarily handicapped and going on tour anyway.

I think bry is setting your show up in chicago, dunno why its at exit because that place is the worst, probably be there so play good or gtfo :)

Lucky duck playing horrible fest, that's going to be great

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I got obsessed with the Electric Chairs for a while and just bought the Wayne County and the Electric Chairs - Storm The Gates of Heaven lp which is pretty great, only a few songs that didn't jump out at me after a few listens. Kinda reminds me of the Tar Babies in a really good way.

I've started buying all the "bad" Saints records which are still really good, despite conventional opinion.

also, mandatory listening, Vilently Ill.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Urss really stole the show, Kyklooppein Sukupuuto was pretty sloppy and the singer was so drunk or high or something he just kept shaking his hands. Jonne was a demon on drums though. Duress and Daylight Robbery opened, Duress killed.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm psyched about the wankys tour as long as chaos destry isnt like lotus fucker. Keep anime out of punk.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Their songs aren't really "about anime", although some do borrow some concepts from anime. But really, any band that is as amazing as Lotus Fucker is can sing about whatever they want.
I only recognized the art because I've seen the movie.. but still.. anime.

Colour Wolves/Duress/Organized Sports last night which was great. CW is a one off probably one time thing and Duress is probably breaking up which sucks.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Its at one of the worst venues in the city and they're playing with the worst, I mean WORST local band, but I am really excited to see GBH tonight.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 10, 2010

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Daily Life posted:

Saw them a few weeks ago in Sacramento. Same sort of circumstances too! Anyways, they were pretty bad. Lars Fredriskson or whatever his name is came on stage along with some other rear end in a top hat from another band. They were pretty slow and Collin's commentary was awful. How was it for you?

The opening bands I knew of (locals, lovely) so I skipped and came at a time I thought GBH would be starting at, ends up I catch ~15 minutes of their opener who they're touring with, who were terrible and sang ska songs about unity. Awful.

Then GBH played and I heckled them to play Womb with a View for about 8 songs (I am a dick) but then they played city baby and city baby's revenge, sick boy and a bunch of other good stuff, and finally womb with a view and I blew my lid. The song starts slow and everyone just sat around but I started kicking my way around screaming like a retard. They were great. Well, I have always loved early GBH, so I'm biased.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

So, here's Chicago in summary. One half orgcore, one half FSU http://www.dobi.nu/yourscenesucks/hxc/index.htm

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 19, 2010

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Paid 50$ for a ticket to Iggy this Sunday. I plan to dive off the balcony and kill everyone, there's like 2 people I know going who will be saved. So psyched..

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

quote:

Austin festival has announced its first round of as-many-as-100 bands including Autopsy (their second US show in 20 years), D-Clone (Japan, U.S. exclusive), Extortion (Australia), Isterismo (Japan, U.S. exclusive), Miasmal (Sweden), Ceremony, Xibalba (Mexico), The Slowmotions (Japan, U.S. exclusive), Perdition, Crazy Spirit, Vile Gash, Origin of [m] (Japan), Bone Sickness, Innumerable Forms, Reigning Sound, and Unbroken

Still not enough to get me to go, but Autopsy's cool. MDF looks killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

Red_Fred posted:

What are peeps opinions on hosed Up? I'm not sure what to make of them.

Their first single in 2002 was No Pasaran/Circling the Drain and it was the best release they've done yet. They released four singles that moved thematically away from the a-side of the first single, towards the b-side but dug a deep trench between themselves and a lot of other music at the time, touring with a handful of other crushing monumental hardcore/punk bands that are equals or better that do not share the publicity they do because of (my opinion) their clever ability to continually grow and cover new ground that they are interested in.

They played here (Chicago) a lot with other bands they were in and the members were always involved in local music. They wrote zines, formed other bands, etc (they still do and are still heavily involved).

They used some serious fuckin brains on the part of Mike to whip up hilarious cover stories and creative lies about the band and its history, its releases, etc while combining them with a sort of ongoing series of situationist and other agit prop political nonsense. Moved musically with a lot of his input towards shoegaze. I recall him selling a ton of his records in Toronto after a show, including the Stars and Stripes LP, and I said "hmm I think they are moving towards wankery and away from fights at shows."

They also are (again, personal opinion) partially responsible for the lovely state of "mysterious guy hardcore."

They have always supported other bands, music and their various nonprofit work they take interest in without question. I can't speak highly enough of them, although I rarely listen to it anymore and don't buy any of the new stuff. I do have nearly every release of theirs from the beginning including some test presses, bootlegs, etc.

Absolutely none of them are "dicks" with an exception for Ben Cook circa No Warning. They appease their fanbase so hard that fans actually expect a shitload from them, which is slightly pathetic. They are a band, you are an audience, if you want to hear something different go form your own band.

I don't know what everyone does still but Damian had Millenial Reign and his label with his wife for a bit, Jonah does Mad Men which is KILLER. Ben does Young Guv, or did for a while, might not still be a thing. They were touring with Foo Fighters and, checking the blog, have a hilarious looking cruise thing they are playing with the Dirtbombs and King Khan with the Shrines.