Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

edit

leisure no capi fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 14, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Am I the only one that doesn't get the Shai Hulud hype? I have really never liked the band, but it seems like everyone I know is gah-gah for them. I feel like its just too melodic for me? v:(v

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Megiddo posted:

Any good shows in London this month (through 3 July) that I should be going to?

I already know about Off Minor at the Grosvenor on the 18th and Who Calls So Loud at Ramart Social Club on the 20th, but is there anything else I'm missing?

Trash Talk added a London date, but its TBA on June 24th. The European tour they're on is with The Mongoloids so cross your figures they land a venue.

If you live in London, they're playing with Paint it Black in September.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Megiddo posted:

I saw Phoenix Bodies and La Quiete tonight, and I just want to say that a crazy house show in Texas in August is not a good idea. Everyone was sweating so much that our hands were pruning, and there was enough sweat and condensation that my minidisc recorder got totally hosed. Also, the naked guys were a bit off-putting. But holy goddamn was it a great show anyway.

Crazy house show at the Panhandle House is always a good idea. Didn't make it to this show because on my way from Kansas City I got in a wreck in Oklahoma. I'll probably never get to see La Quiete, oh well.

Panhandle House loving rules. Last time I was there was for Teenage Cool Kids and Total Abuse there in May when I was back in town. If you don't come out of that house drenched you're doing something wrong. loving Denton crust DIY kids are the best.

Anyways, I got rebirthed into War Hungry after seeing them again recently and I've been killing Return To Earth.

leisure no capi fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 12, 2008

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

orangeaid posted:

Seen Have Heart, Blacklisted, Let Down, and Ceremony last night. Ceremony was pretty good as usual, Have Heart and Blacklisted were really boring, but holy poo poo that was my second time seeing Let Down and they are absolutely my favorite band to see live now. Bummed me out though because there was a few hundred people there and only a dozen or so showed any response at all to what was easily the best performance of the night.

Have Heart and Blacklisted were so much fun in Kansas City, so I don't know what to tell you. And thats apparently after Blacklisted had driven 30 hours.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

A lot of bands from Canada and US have trouble crossing over. I see something on b9 every single month about some random band tour getting chopped in half.

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Pantalones! posted:

did anyone talk about A day to remember in this thread or something? I have them on my computer but I don't even know who they are and then I listen to it and it sucks really bad and they have a since you been gone cover.

That band is horrible. Worst moment of my night during the last New Found Glory tour was when A Day to Remember walked on stage. Best moment was when they stepped off. Well, I lied it was the Suicide File cover of Ashcroft that Four Year Strong does. Despite what I've heard some people say about the cover, its a good cover of an amazing song. Pretty bummed that show was in a college town at a lovely venue. And thats the end of my off topic tangent.

leisure no capi fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leisure no capi
Sep 22, 2003

Posted awhile ago on the b9er but here is soundboard quality of burning fight
http://www.b9board.com/viewtopic.php?t=611944