Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bown posted:

I think a lot of it is because they explored pretty much every possible avenue of their sound with the first three albums - Sink and Swim is very punk, American Slang is mostly blues, and 59 Sound is a good middle ground - so now they essentially have nothing to do but repeat themselves. There are definitely some awesome songs on the album ('Howl' especially stood out) but at the moment it's really not holding my interest as much as I'd like.

The first bonus track has a certain energy that's missing from most of the album. Haven't had a chance to listen to the other two yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

They were probably right to call him out on it. He broke the 'look after each other' rule by choosing to jump on an area that was exclusively small girls.

But loving hell, Joyce Manor could have dealt with it in a better way than acting like teachers calling a kid to the front of the class.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

I hope Geoff from Thursday isn’t a sex pest

Hiding in plain sight by joining Lost Prophets.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

New Spanish Love Songs sounds great on first listen. I too have been absolutely rinsing Shmaltz lately and this seems like it's quite a bit better......

Pondering a last minute Bristol train trip tonight to see them with The Menzingers and Mannequin Pussy. That's quite the line up.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I was just looking up Touché Amoré's Twitter for their set time tonight and their description is 'Too-Shay A-More-Ay'.

Now, I always used to assume that's how it was pronounced, but I swear when I've seen them it's always been 'Hi, we're Too-Shay A-more'.

So, how do YOU pronounce Touché Amoré?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I remember a 27/28 year old woman I worked with going to see Blink the last time they played here before Covid. I don't think she's into music at all and is a one, maybe two, arena gigs a year kind of person but she bought a t shirt and everything. I think they do have crazy wide appeal.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Finally some new Wolvesx4

https://dyingscene.com/ds-exclusive-wolves-wolves-wolves-wolves-debut-new-track-oh-catalonia-from-upcoming-album-cursecursecurse/

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

weekly font posted:

gently caress yeah Iron Chic tour maybe they’ll drop a new record finally

e: opening for screaming females but still it’s easy to forget theyre a real band

Screaming Females are great hth

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

New Rosenstock

https://youtu.be/xxGv-JdWRWU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

weekly font posted:

Liking the new Gaslight Anthem tracks. Cant go wrong with Bruce in the mix but does the production just sound off to anyone else?

Yeah, doesn't sound great. I think Spanish Love Songs are going to win this year's round of Springsteen worship, even if they don't have actual Bruce onboard.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

No need to dilute this thread. The title covers pop punk pretty well?

Edit: Digging Bearings!

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 18, 2023

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Gotta play to the Spotify algorithms and nothing's forcing me to listen, but I really don't like the modern approach of releasing half the album as an EP bit by bit and then getting a second EP on 'release day'.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

mcluksy single and tickets to see Jarcrew on Saturday. Must be 2001 Cardiff scene week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

There's an album out today that sees Hammock collaborating with Yellowcard for covers of the latter's songs, which.....sure, I'll give it a try.