Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Big Blue Violence posted:

Los Crudos reunion was amazing.

Did you see Crude? I heard they loving tore the roof off. I also heard they played a gig there while on mushrooms, which is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Hydrac7 posted:

I've always thought that the people who listened to Shai Hulud were the same kinda people who liked poo poo like Hatebreed or Bury Your Dead.

An old friend of mine proves this hypothesis correct. He liked all those bands.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Triangulum posted:

Would you mind me asking what the motivation for going straight edge is? As an enthusiastic drug addict I find it somewhat baffling, especially making a lifestyle out of it.

This isn't an attempt to be a douchebg, I just don't really get it.

I'm probably the odd straight edger out here, but personally speaking I just don't have any interest in doing drugs, can't stand smoke, and I hate the taste of alcohol. I definitely don't make a lifestyle out of it. I actually find all the 1988 style HC bands that are commonly associated with straight edge to be totally boring. I would rather listen to Disrupt or something. I have no problem with people getting driking and getting wasted at gigs, I just ask they be considerate of others.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Triangulum posted:

gently caress yeah! I got selected to guest DJ during the Coup D'etat weekend on fm 94.9. Should be fun, although my shift is at 1:30 am :saddowns:. Anyway it will be broadcast online as well so if anyone is slightly interested in hearing the show, I'll link it here. It's going to be hard to make a playlist with no swearing. gently caress the FCC.

I don't know if you have any, but if I were in that position I would just play all foreign punk and hardcore. Swearing problem averted!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Spent all yesterday listening to The Kill discography CD, and now today is all about the new Gridlink (ex-Discordance Axis) album. gently caress punk rock, this is turbo speed grind violence!

Although, the new Aburadako and Disarray reissues are pretty killer too!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Judgement reunion show in August. If there was ever any reason for me to get my poo poo together and travel over to Japan, this would be it.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Who do I need to talk to to get some XBRAINIAX merch?

Me. What are you after?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Medium Syringe pentagram shirt?

Email me at xbrainiax@gmail.com to discuss payment options. Thanks!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

rivals posted:

Fast hardcore = good hardcore. Everyone should listen to Punch.

Played with them yesterday. loving great. Also, isn't hardcore generally fast by definition?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Well, if you can stand more hardcore-ish stuff, Mind Of Asian from Japan is loving great. All female members too. For non-standard instruments, check out (read: download) the single "The Door" by the band Paintbox. Horns, harmonica, and spanish guitar over amazing melodic hardcore.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The Comes "No Side" LP is the best female fronted punk record ever. There's a reason it sells for $150 nowadays.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Lebenden Toten too! They loving rule.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Same night Barren, No Slogan and I Attak played as a benefit for Chris from Useless Wooden Toys who was stabbed to death by a travel punk (funny the MRR article calls him a "redneck," not "another useless travel punk scumbag.") The aforementioned perp is pleading not guilty to stabbing Chris in the chest and his wife has to leave her job to travel from Minnesota to Indiana to fight this guy in court.

I heard about this. Completely hosed up. Gah, I hate punk more and more everyday thanks to poo poo like this. To paraphrase Ulcer, "Is being a piece of poo poo your idea of being a punk?".

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I can't imagine John/Weekend Nachos being down with someone who is a registered sex offender. He's about as PC as they come.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

I realized I slept on Netjajev SS so if anyone (ahem ahem) has seconds of their discography collection I would totally buy/trade for em.

Sorry, me and Andy/Mortville are both totally sold out of it.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

If you missed Nice View on their US tour, you lose at punk. One of the best bands I've ever seen. Had me completely dumbfounded.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

DSB got denied entry into the USA. Tour is canceled. gently caress BORDER CUSTOMS.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

dudstur posted:

Midwest thrash bash this weekend, cannot wait to see vitamin X and the ergs.

Going to this as well! Hopefully I'll be able to bring my distro along, I'm so goddamn broke.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Sound Idea store/distro RIP. poo poo's getting grim...

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I also bought my first vinyl (XBRAINIAX/No Comply split)

Hope you dig it man! That Dead Radical tape kills too. Such a great band. I gotta get their new split LP!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Most of the bands playing that A7 thing are bad scab lineups, plus a bunch of bands have already canceled, like Mental Abuse, No Thanks, Roach Motel and Jerry's Kids. I'll bet more bands cancel too.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Hallo. If you enjoys real chaos noise violence punk rock and roll, please to be coming to these gigs:

Dates are:

December 17 (Wednesday): Baltimore, MD
December 19 (Friday): Columbia, SC
December 20 (Saturday): Lexington, KY
December 21 (Sunday): Grand Rapids, MI

Check your local listings for more details, directions, showtimes, ticket prices, senior discounts, child discounts, regular-rear end adult discounts, refreshment menus, and info on accommodations for those with special needs. Lotus Fucker demo is the best demo I've ever heard, get stoked.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Competition posted:

Rick Ta Life has now taken to wearing bullet proof vests as he performs.

Someone has to buy him a forum account, it will be hilarious.

The picture I saw of him wearing one, it was on backwards. STABBED IN THE BACK YO.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Japan update:

-Napalm CD loving dominates. Obscure noise hardcore from the mid 80's. From loving Sapporo!
-new Conflict For Freedom DVD is rad. Awesome DSB footage among others.
-both Johns Town Aloha 7"s are insane. Ex-members of Exclaim and even noisier.
-new Zyanose 7" sucks despite myspace crusties hype machine. B-side is so loving annoying. Hopefully they won't gently caress up their LP.
-The Sick and Takahashigumi are the best Trall Punk bands to not actually be from Sweden.
-Control 2nd demo is like "Nuclear Addicts" outtakes.
-The Slowmotions. Best band. Can't wait for the LP this year.

In conclusion, someone give me the loving Z demo before I have to choke a bitch.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

how can i get copies of these?

You can get the 2nd JTH 7" and Slowmotions singles LP from Feral Ward: http://www.feralward.com/cart.

For the Sick and Takahashigumi CDs, you'll have to hit up a Japanese shop like BASE, NAT, or Punk And Destroy.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Your Weird Uncle posted:

and anti-cimex played what discharge did faster and angrier, and never went bullshit hard rock/metal (to my knowledge)

I heard their later stuff like Absolut Country of Sweden and Scandinavian Jawbreaker was more metal sounding and not too good, but I haven't heard those albums myself. Raped rear end and Victims of a Bombraid are total winners though, of course. Shitlickers 7" is the ultimate Swedish HC record anyway, unfuckwithable.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Competition posted:

Even if this happened I just can't see it being anything other than a let down.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that Ian has enough good sense not to reunite Minor Threat. gently caress reunions anyway, there are plenty of awesome current hardcore/punk bands around the globe, no need for useless rehash.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

I dunno if there are any shirt/zine/ephemera collectors but I'm about to drop a few bennies on a zine, shirt and poster collection. Finally get a Zone shirt, the Lip Cream shirt with the klansman whipping a girl, and other beauties.

Nice. I've spent quite a bit on zines and things like that over the years. Crust War issues, Lip Cream/Outo "Bloody Summer" 89 tour poster, Burning Spirits new years 88/89 poster, various Japanese zines with articles that I will one day translate once my Japanese gets better, etc.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Just got a really nice japanese book on the Stalin with shitloads of flyers and a live DVD. Never saw it before but it seems pretty common due to how its printed. I'm getting a bunch of other japanese stuff I'll try to take pics of for ya.

Cool. I know the book you're talking about, I'm still trying to get a copy myself. I do have another Stalin book that has tons of live pics, plus a list of all their shows and setlists for a bunch of em too.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

If anyone wants to get some Japanese HC/thrashcore CDs for cheap, please go here.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

you need to stop posting things, because i need to stop buying things. i bought those. please dont tease me for my ebay name! its like 7 years old.

Thanks! I'll ship em out asap. And I thought your ebay name was funny, in a good way!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

CNM: Got the CD's! I should have asked you to toss in some xbrainiax stuff!! I really want one of the bumper-stickers you guys made, those were badass.

Cool! Yeah, you should have told me, I would have sent some stickers for sure. Maybe when our discography CD (99 tracks!) comes out in the next month or so, you can get one from me with some stickers.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Grigori Rasputin posted:

Lidtoker (what the gently caress does this mean?)

Isn't a "lid" a certain amount of weed?

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Judgement are playing Chaos in Tejas this year. Dreams = realized.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The owner of this one Japanese punk shop that I'm always trading with was looking for some death metal 7" that I just happened to have, so I told him I'd trade it to him for a copy of that new Paintbox 7" when it comes out. Score! I also got a flyer today from a shop that says that the 3rd Paintbox album will finally be released in August. Can't. loving. Wait.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Your Weird Uncle posted:

this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of places where the bct tapes can be aquired, internet or otherwise?

chaosnonmusica im looking at you.

http://www.socialnapalm.com/index2.html

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The motherfuckin' four steel girders are BACK

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

More powerfully violent girders. loving insane.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

answersyouseek posted:

Is there enough weed in the world to make this sweet?

There is actually. I believe the specific number is equal to the same amount of boring rehashed USHC riffs that every band on No Way Records uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

I haven't heard much from Crude(Japan) but I just saw that they're coming to Philly and since Japanese punk usually rules I wanna check em out. Any recomendations?

Their album "Attitude" is loving amazing. I listen to it all the drat time. HIGHLY recommended.