Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Iron Lung posted:

I'll be really disappointed if that turns out to be true.

Cosigned.

Also, Lip Cream reunion show June 27th in Tokyo. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Chaos In Tejas initial lineup announced. Fuckin' BASTARD is playing. Will mosh hard.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I got a flyer when I was in Japan for a Discharge/GBH/Exploited show in Osaka where Framtid, Warhead and AI were the opening bands. I was totally cracking up at the thought of the three opening bands being wayyyy better than any of those British bands have been in many years.

Also, it's not Discharge without Cal.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Trade me your Jap and Colombian bonzers:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ0gOHJ0wPOBZGhyMmZqaHBfMjBmOXh2cm41cg&hl=en

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Help! My subculture is being appropriated!

This is actually pretty hilarious.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

acup posted:

What the hell is that?

Some new Lady GaGa video where she has Doom, GISM, and Icons of Filth painted on her jacket.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

It's ok because it's NOFX fans.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

My friend just told me he has tickets to the lip cream show today. Zach you're not going are you? Not going to chaos this year makes me want to hoof it to california for the big prank show..

Nah, I'm going to tejas and most likely the Gauze west coast shows in the fall, so I am just not able to make it to Tokyo for Lip Cream, which is too bad. I want to go back to Japan next year, but I'm trying to get See You In Hell over from Czech for an East Coast/Midwest tour next summer, so that might put a squash on any further traveling (not that getting to be on tour with SYIH is really a hindrance or anything).

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Just found out that Capitalist Casualties is playing in Chicago during the time that I will be there for my sister's graduation. Beyond stoked.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Gloom - Recommendation of Perdition 12" reissue out June 15th from Crust War. If you don't have this in your collection, just give up at life. The most destructive and intense record ever.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I'll be at Tejas Friday-Sunday. Hopefully I will be killed during the outro to "Truth" by Bastard, because that would be ideally how I would want to leave this world.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Whew, exhausted as gently caress from Tejas. So many good bands, good people, good times, and good hot dogs from the Hot Dog King truck by Beerland. Top bands:

Bastard - duh.
Bastard Noise - Amazing. My body was shaking from the heaviness. Wood layed it down HARD and Connell was a loving beast on the drums.
Slang - Even better than when I saw em in Tokyo last year, which I thought would be hard to beat! Helped their singer find water and towels at a gas station before their set at Broken Neck. Gave me a crash course in early 80's Sapporo HC bands as we walked there. Can't wait to see em in Detroit on Saturday.
Morpheme - Their set at Emo's was good, but the next day at a pizza parlor was even better. Ended with a Shitlickers cover!!!
Nerveskade - Made Disorder seem like pop music. Wish I had their guitarist's tone.
Crow - probably the "worst" of the best bands, not that they were anywhere close to being bad or anything, but they didn't blow me away like I'm used to from most Japanese bands. Still had a good time during their set at Beerland.

Many other bands were great as well (The Pist, Subhumans, Vaaska, Deskonocidos to name a few). Still have yet to hear anything positive about Poison Idea from anyone. Now THAT takes talent (or lack thereof).

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

iizawa from Bastard did indeed OD on bad cocaine shortly after arriving in the USA. Souichi from Forward almost filled in on bass, but thankfully everything worked out.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Bastard were SUPER creepy and pretty inappropriate with their leering/touching/taking photos of girls. Booooo.

Really? I didn't see or hear anything about this. I did hear about Crow (of Crow) doing all that though.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Yo yo. Go to this if it's by you:

THE WANKYS US TOUR:
The Wankys + Chaos Destroy
June
4, Friday: Washington, DC at La Casa with Lotus Fucker, Rations
5, Saturday afternoon: New York, NY at ABC No Rio with Bloodkrow Butcher, Dodworth
5, Saturday night: New York, NY at Club Europa with The Pist, Brain Killer - HARDCORE GIG VOLUME #129
6, Sunday: New Brunswick, NJ - WHAT WE DO IS SECRET SO ASK A PUNK!!!!!
7, Monday: Albany, NY at Oddfellows Hall with Neutron Rats
8, Tuesday: Allston, MA at O'Briens with Who Killed Spikey Jacket?, the Shamcocks - LAST PUNK GIG VOL. 1

The Wankys + Lotus Fucker
June
11, Friday: Richmond, VA at Alley Katz with Aghast, Dawn of Humans (NY), Mega Minge
12, Saturday: Augusta, GA at The Firehouse with Nuklear Blast Suntan
13, Sunday: Raleigh, NC at TBA with the Timebombs (CA)
14, Monday: Washington, DC at 3rd St Co-Op with Suis La Lune (Sweden), Pala, Fair Root
15, Tuesday: Baltimore, MD at Barclay House with Slang (Japan), World Burns to Death, Chaos Destroy - VOICE OF FIGHT VOL. 29
16, Wednesday: Cleveland, OH at Now That's Class! with Cider and Ratface
17, Thursday: Chicago, IL at Spider Skull Island
18, Friday: Grand Rapids, MI - MICHIGAN MELTDOWN #6 at The DAAC with Nightbringer, Attention Span, and a bajillion more
19, Saturday: Lexington, KY at Al's Bar with Blood Carries Disease, Asadachi - PURE PUNK MIND AND SPIRIT VOL. 2
20, Sunday: Columbus, OH at The Legion with Vile Gash, Penis Geyser

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Their songs aren't really "about anime", although some do borrow some concepts from anime. But really, any band that is as amazing as Lotus Fucker is can sing about whatever they want.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Bog People is my jam. Can't wait for vinyl.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Bands confirmed so far for Chaos in Tejas:

BONE SICKNESS (oly wa)
CRAZY SPIRIT (nyc)
D-CLONE (japan)
DOOM (uk)
INNUMERABLE FORMS (ma/tx)
ISTERISMO (japan)
MIASMAL (sweden)
PERDITION (ny)

Gonna be a good 'un (especially if some of the rumors I've heard are true).

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

The Slowmotions already have me super excited for Tejas. Plus this is like 17 bands out of 100. The headliners haven't even been announced yet.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

And there's still some more "really big" bands to be announced. So ILL. Will mosh when Larm play "No One Can Be That Dumb".

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

They're no Vorkriegsphase!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGEHwaryI7E

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

A friend and I are bringing See You In Hell from the Czech Republic over to Texas and the east coast this summer with our bands. Definitely come check it out if you're around any of these shows:

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Sorry for the shameless self-promotion here, but if anyone is interested in checking out a great (and quite underrated) Japanese hardcore band from the 90's, check out this CD I just released.

DAMNABLE EXCITE ZOMBIES! - Discography 1990-1996 CD

You can stream a few samples songs here:

http://soundcloud.com/chaosnonmusica

ChaosNonMusica fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 30, 2011

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Nightmare - Give Notice of Nightmare is really sweet too.

A while ago a friend of mine brought over a 7" by a japanese band called Final that was awesome, but I'm having trouble finding anything about it.

Final was sort of a continuation of the band Final Blood Bath, who were total Discharge worship. Final only did that one 7" and broke up pretty quickly, but you can probably find download links to the two Final Blood Bath 7"s pretty easily via google. Both bands are great.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

People looking for Japanese hardcore stuff should also check out Gloom, Gloom rules.

"Recommendation Of Perdition" is the best noisy crust record of all time. Unbelievable power.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Crude is a good band but I wish it wasn't so easy to find their stuff compared to all the better Japanese hardcore bands.

I dunno, Crude are pretty much top-tier as far as Japanese HC stuff goes. "Attitude" is regarded as a modern classic already by a lot of people. I guess the ease of availability with their stuff is cause they toured the US so some labels like Feral Ward did US pressings of their albums.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

This is one of the best things I've seen in some time:

http://vimeo.com/26148875

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I hope that the singer of Cathedraal was in a band before that called Napaalm Death.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Lee Dorian, the vocalist on the first few Napalm Death records, started a doom metal band called Cathedral after leaving ND.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I'm going! It'll be my 4th year in a row, it's always a great time. Looking forward to Antisect, Zyanose, Forward, Gas Chamber, No Fucker, and a bunch more.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Peace punk. See also: Crass, Flux Of Pink Indians, DIRT, The Apostles, The System, Blood Robots, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Please allow me to shamelessly promote a Japanese HC record I released a few months ago. If you like stuff like Death Side, Crude, or any given 7" that came out on Bloodsucker Records in the 90's, then you'll probably dig this:

http://notverynice.storenvy.com/products/291364-confront-the-curtain-of-an-intense-attack-7-ep

There's a link to listen to a song too. Check it out if you want!