Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Very much up my alley. Thanks above for giving it traction.

I don't eat hot dogs in public anymore either

el B fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I saw Turnstile open for someone a couple of years ago. I wasn't feeling it at the time, but the crowd was really hyped for them. I was most assuredly in a tough guy mood at whatever show it was. I gave their new stuff a listen and I really like it. I'll need to check out the discog.

I've also recently gotten into Drain and Zulu.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Drove 9 hours to see Between the Buried and Me record their Colors Live DVD, then drove home.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
New Mindforce out today!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

It's so easy to listen to this on repeat four or five times in a row while driving. It's almost been a year. I've healed and put myself out there after the etid split. At this moment I want to yell END IT from the mountain tops but I'm scared. I think it's real because I get butterflies but we haven't even met in person yet so it's officially still too early to make it public.

:swoon:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Zulu has a new LP out, "A New Tomorrow." It is extremely eclectic for a non "post-hardcore" band. Major upgrade from their previous EPs in terms of quality, but still rooted I guess? Really solid listening experience. I hope many can enjoy.

https://youtu.be/YUob_IPSEco

Edit: major upgrade in musicianship and style, too. There's sampling, poetry, and lots of grooves. The heavy parts sound heavier. More vocal varieties. Oh baby baby

el B fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 7, 2023

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

fyallm posted:

I wouldn't call that song you posted post-hardcore at all

You're totally right! I should have posted a link to their album instead of that video. More specifically, maybe, a link to their song "Who Jah Bless, No One Curse" as it took a surprising direction toward the end.

Anyway, it's good and I like it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

saltyslug posted:

Going to a lot of shows recently.

Flew to Manchester a week and half ago for Outbreak + the preshow which was 4 days of mayhem. Personal highlights being Militarie Gun, Hi Vis, Soul Glo, Jesus Piece, Denzel Curry...

Then on a whim a couple days later got a bus to Leeds to see Show Me the Body in a really cool small venue. Some good local bands supported also.

Came back to Berlin and saw a couple of cool German hardcore bands, Suspects + PHIZ.

Tonight I'm seeing Rival Schools w/ Militarie Gun; tomorrow maybe One Step Closer for the 3rd time in a couple of weeks; the day after that maybe a Triple B Records show (really wanna see Restraining Order in particular); and the day after that Buggin and some other bands.

Also I got laid off a few days ago (good thing) so I can really let loose. :cheers:

I saw Pain of Truth 5 times last year so I'd definitely tell you to check out that BBB show. By proxy Sunami is also worth seeing.

Please support Buggin as much as you can!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Judgy Fucker posted:

Disappointing the first song isn't real

It's real in the sense you can listen to it here:
https://open.spotify.com/track/37SUm58fKuDp2ormS9lF9N?si=0lVprfDdRBy0Gx07FIw4IA

I did a little deep dive on Billy Cobb. I really like his cover song album:
https://open.spotify.com/album/3ItyLG6i6XVu0rjhNAHzzB?si=1tm6fUjNS7CshFfauKtNIw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A3ItyLG6i6XVu0rjhNAHzzB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Bread Dragon posted:

My band's debut full-length just hit yesterday. Chicago punk for fans of Motorhead, The Bronx, Annihilation Time. The local release party isn't until 3/9 for any Chicagoons in this thread.
https://bigneckrecords1.bandcamp.com/album/nightfreak

You guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing.