Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
hey kirkjames i have some family down in Tucson that are into hardcore and punk. What are the local venues and what not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
Anyone going to day 1 of This is Not a Fest at Gilman tonight?

edit: Gehenna may or may not play.

Built for Brutality fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Nov 9, 2007

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Phillyt posted:

What exactly is the fest at Gilman tonight? One of my friends is going to see this band 108 and my I'm sort of interested in it. What kind of music is played with the bands tonight?

hardcore. 108 is kinda bad. I didn't like them the first time they were a band and I still don't but they do put on one hell of a performance. Plus Gehenna is actually playing. Can't loving wait.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
Gehenna did not play. Instead they drank, smoked, ate a burrito, and played lovely rap music.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
Allegiance has been breaking up for the past 3 or 4 months I think. Kinda sucks but I have seen them enough times to be ok with never seeing them again.

Who else posts on b9? I know there has to be at least one other person on here other than me.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

p0isonxfree posted:

Yeah, I guess I've noticed a lack of shows from them lately. Pretty much since Desperation came out I think? This is probably my last chance to see them so I have to or else I'll hate myself. They were the first hardcore band I listened to :(

EDIT: Also, I have never posted on B9 much, but I recently started posting on vlv again. I'm not sure which is worse..

I would say vlv is worse but only because I post on b9 and not vlv.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Competition posted:

I feel so ashamed of my vinyl...
http://www.notpopular.com/board/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=46600&forum=1&start=0

p.s. B9 might be tolerable if they split it into sub-forums to dilute the poo poo, but as it is: it''s terrible. I don't even want to know what viv is if it's considered to be worse.

we tried doing that before but no one ever used the other forums. i have been posting on it since it opened and it has gotten really bad in the past year or two.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

p0isonxfree posted:

I've been buying up a bunch of records that I've wanted for a while lately, but with no regards to making collections, and these last few days I've really started wanting to work on that. gently caress not having a job. I guess if I don't worry about having all colors, if I can find that Allegiance/IA split I'll have a mini collection with at least one of each release :shobon:

I think I may have a copy of that allegiance/ia split on i think rootbeer colored vinyl. allegiance side is good but those are the worst IA songs i have ever heard.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

p0isonxfree posted:

Yeah, I never picked it up when Rivalry still had it because I couldn't get into the IA side. I see that one up on eBay a lot, but it's going for like 10ppd and I don't want it quite that bad, I'd settle for the black that they pressed like 1500 of or something ridiculous like that.

quite frankly i never got into anything IA did.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
so happy i got a new record player. finally got to listen to all the records i had purchased when i didnt have one.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
If you think that a Hope Con set is boring I have no hope for you. No pun intended. Every time I have seen them they were nothing short of spectacular.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

DaLkO posted:

http://www.myspace.com/mohoramatta

Everyone check out Mohoram Atta...heavy crust-ladden hardcore. They have a few more West Coast tour dates going on right now. The recordings really don't do them justice. They're really amazing.

Not that big of a fan of them.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
Can't wait for the Speed Trials at Gilman this year:

Despise You (L.A.)
Lack Of Interest (L.A.)
Pretty Little Flower (TX)
50/50 (TX)
In Disgust
Noisear (NM)
Superbad (OR)
Thousandswilldie
Self Inflicted

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
what is it with japanese bands coming out here and only playing 3 or 4 shows and then going home?

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

THE LUMMOX posted:

Tragedy is good, beyond just the surface Botch worship.

What Botch/Tragedy records are you listening to that makes them sound even remotely the same?

I just get bummed when Japanese bands skip the west coast and go to the east coast. We are closer god dammit. I remember last time Total Fury played the west coast they flew out for 4 days and played just 3 shows and went back home. I think that Charm/U.G. Man tour was the longest tour of Japanese bands in the US I have seen in a long time.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

ChaosNonMusica posted:

I never understand people on the west coast who complain about stuff like this. As is my understanding, California has tons of great local bands that play all the time. Do you know what the last show I went to where I live (Michigan) was? Bloody Phoenix. That was in loving AUGUST. I mean, everyone wants to see Japanese bands, so that's really a moot point, but at least you guys have a decent local scene.

I am not complaining about the lack of incredible bands we have here and I am super happy to live in the Bay Area where we have a great amount of great bands. I just want Japanese bands to not skip over us. I guess I shouldn't complain about not seeing those bands when we have our own great bands.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

rivals posted:

Reunited 108 was pretty loving terrible when I saw them a couple months ago.

I don't know what you are talking about. They loving rule live. I can't stand the music but the band puts on a drat good show.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
UGZ Speed Trials were last weekend at Gilman, did anyone else go? Show was a loving blast. Lack of Interest cancelled but the show still loving ruled.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Grigori Rasputin posted:

whoops... at the gates. i'm always getting my 3 word metal/crusty hardcore bands mixed up. sorry about the excitement... i'd prefer the reality i originally posted about.

I really loving hate you for this. I really do.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Cathab posted:

I'm glad they're getting recognition outside of Australia. They're an incredible, hard working band and they deserve every bit of success that comes their way.

In other news, new Banner Pilot album out soon. Hurry up already :(

I saw them a couple of years ago and I thought they were so loving boring.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me
loving Cursed broke up. god dammit. they got all their poo poo stolen while in tour somewhere in Europe.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

ChaosNonMusica posted:

...ANNNDDDDD the Low Threat Profile 7" squeezes into my top records of 2009 at the 11th hour. loving insane powerviolence/fastcore from members of Infest, No Comment and Lack Of Interest. "Recorded before 9/11/01".

Just came here to post this. So loving good.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Iron Lung posted:

I really think the new weekend nachos goes in the Korn category instead of the power violence category...

I'm not sure if that is some sort of inside joke but I think WN totally blows. Punch sucks too. Hatred Surge, all day every day.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

baberaham lincoln posted:

Agreed. I really can't get into WN at all. I dig Punch though, but that's because I <3 frontwomen.

Is the singer a big fat ginger? I think I saw them a few months ago. They put on a good show but I think her vocals are awful. Reminds me of Voetsek and I really don't like Voetsek either.

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

Iron Lung posted:

Their singer is a tiny man who looks like a 5th grader. But he's like 26. Voetsek played the first show (besides failing to see Discharge 6 years ago) I ever went to :3

Then who the gently caress am I thinking of? The band I am talking about is from Baltimore. Regardless, Punch still sucks and so does WN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Built for Brutality
May 21, 2004
Can't Break Me

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Sick Fix. I have no opinion on them one way or another, but my friend from Baltimore/DC loving hates them.

Ah yes that is it. I saw them on tour with Coke Bust a few months back here in San Jose.

and I don't consider thinking a band sucks as "beef"