Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So i'm gonna be in Boston at some point over the summer, is there a condensed online listing of concerts or anything for the area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Saw Systematic Death/Tragedy/Hellshock last night. Oh my loving god.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Angiepants posted:

Any Latterman junkies around? I just got their DVD a couple days ago and it just made me even more bummed about them breaking up. Matt's new sideproject Shorebirds is pretty amazing, though. Looks like they're gonna be touring and putting out a full-length this summer. Stoked.

Also, as of late (well...more like since the end of December) I've been basically unable to listen to anything but Hot Water Music. Anyone going to the reunions in Philly or NYC?

Oh god Latterman. <3 I've been meaning to pick up the DVD.

Also, on the pop-punk note, i'm seeing Leatherface with Paint It Black in like a week. Fuuuuck yes.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Tragedy is playing at Che Cafe on Saturday, then 7 Generations is playing on Sunday. I really want to go to both shows, but driving from Orange County is expensive as gently caress right now. Thus, i have two questions:

1) Is anyone from Orange County interested in going to either of these shows and splitting gas?
or
2) Is there anyone in San Diego who has a floor where i (potentially we if someone answers the above) could crash on saturday night?

DoHimJob fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 30, 2008

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Any of you guys post on any music specific forums? I used to post on VLV, but i got sick of a lot of the people on there.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Because i'm poor as poo poo, another rideshare request. Anyone from orange county or surrounding areas going to the Queers/Lemuria/AJJ/BTMI! show tomorrow night at Safari Sam's want to split gas? I'd be happy to drive.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Threatis posted:

I like Shai Hulud, but really dislike Hatebreed and Bury Your Dead.

Same here.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Any folk punk fans out there need to check out The loving Buckaroos if you haven't already: http://www.myspace.com/thefuckinbuckaroos

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Saw Mike Park/Shinobu/Sundowner and Andrew Jackson Jihad in a house a couple days ago. loving incredible energy the whole night. In the middle of AJJ's set, the lights blew and they just kept playing until their set was done. It was nuts.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Following around the Phoenix Bodies/La Quiete tour right now. They are playing a house show and a bar show tonight (house show with Ghostlimb and bar show with Gorlock) and then another one somewhere down here in southern California tomorrow that I'll be at. loving stoked.

The Gilman Portraits Of Past show ruled except for the whole Yaphet Kotto not playing thing. Apparently there was some drama with one of them being drunk so they wouldn't let him play or something I don't know.

Wednesday the 6th ...Who Calls So Loud is playing on my radio show so tune in at 10PM PST on kcpr.org to check it out. You can stream it live and listen to it and poo poo so I suggest you do since it will rule. I'm pissed about that date because loving Punch just posted that they are playing a house show with Marrow that night who I still haven't seen. gently caress. Oh well, it will be my first WCSL show so I'm pumped for that.

Also not relevant to this thread at all but I saw Boris and Torche play last night in LA and holy poo poo it ruled. Boris is easily the loudest band I've ever seen play and I forgot my earplugs so my ears are hosed. Worth it.

FUUUUUUCK, I FORGOT ABOUT THE BORIS SHOW. GOD loving DAMMIT.

In other news, mischief brew is playing here pretty soon and i'm pretty stoked for that.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
I too finally got my hands on an Annihilation Time record. Holy gently caress, i've been missing out.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I like Witch Hunt. :smith:

Me too. :smith:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So i just found out that the Mummies are reuniting for a one time only reunion show. IN loving SPAIN. WHAT THE gently caress? God dammit.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

EvilRobot posted:

I somehow think this is probably a hoax, much like all of the Mummies reunions.

Nope, they played a surprise show in june (from which there are pictures) and announced that it was a warm up for their one time only reunion show in spain. it's at some big music festival with King Khan. It seems legit. :(

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

EvilRobot posted:

If I buy plane tickets to Spain and this is a hoax I will have your head mounted on a Farfisa.

http://www.funtasticdraculacarnival.com/

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Your Weird Uncle posted:

it's amebix and mischief brew. im there.

Holy loving poo poo. This is the greatest lineup.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

gently caress don't remind me! I had the choice of going to see them 3 hours away or seeing Andrew Jackson Jihad, Shinobu, Mike Park, and Sundowner an hour and a half away and for free, and I loving chose option B. "Oh, the Ergs will be back. I'll see them next year."

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Hey rear end in a top hat, remember when i argued we should go see the Ergs! and you convinced me otherwise? Yeah. gently caress you. :(

Subwizzle.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Anyone know of anything good coming to Portland/Seattle in the next few weeks?

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Your Weird Uncle posted:

things i've learned: bands with the word "homo" in the name are awesome (homostupids especially)

iskra loving rules everyone listen to iskra.

also crude is coming to philly? tell them to bring Judgement with them.

On this note, there's a sweet Polish band in the vein of Antischism called Homomilitia. You should check em out.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

baberaham lincoln posted:

Wow, Owls! are pretty well known in the screamo revivalist scene. People who are fans of Saetia and Hot Snakes and City of Caterpiller etc. are aware of Wow, Owls!. I'm not a huge fan of them myself, I thought they were a pretty mediocre act, but I can understand the appeal if you're super into that kind of music.

Haha, i think you mean hot cross.

But yeah, I dig all that poo poo (cross and snakes), and i never liked Wow, Owls!

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

baberaham lincoln posted:

oh wow, I was totally not paying attention there. I definitely meant Hot Cross. Not that Hot Snakes are bad, they just aren't as related. Drive Like Jehu rules though.

Yank Crime on vinyl is heaven. :3:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

mrmanatee posted:

edit2: why is pix a poo poo label?

I would also like to know this.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

I'm gonna go with people just talking poo poo. Some great bands on PIX.

This is like someone making GBS threads on ice cream. :colbert:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Speaking of portland, that's another city with good shows but lovely loving venues. Hawthorne Theater can suck my dick.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Kalit posted:

For the most part yes, but I love the Satyricon. Although there is a lack of houses doing shows. Recently it seems like a lot of them have stopped doing shows.

Yeah, but how many decent shows are there at the Satyricon? Not many.

And the only house show i've been to in the past 2 years was at the Orphanage, and I played so that doesn't really count. :/

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Paintbox - Trip, Trance & Travelling CD: Best album of 2009, 2010, and possibly 2011 as well. Holy loving poo poo.

Gonna go grab this right now. I love me some Paintbox.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
D4 on tour this fall before Fest. Is everyone as stoked as me and gerfatty?

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Dickeye posted:

not unless they're hitting up Durham

Get bummed. :(

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Dickeye posted:

Man I'm in a perpetual state of bummed

none of the bands I want to see every get anywhere near me

Come to fest with me and fatty. WE CAN HAVE A NMD PUNK THREAD SLEEPOVER.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

As punxnbutter said, because the Larry Arms loving rule.

Well, obviously, I wouldn't skip D4 for The Menzingers, but I would definitely skip OWTH for them and would have to think very seriously about skipping Dear Landlord because I have yet to see them. I've already seen The Menzingers, but only in a setting where no one knew who they were. I can only imagine what they'll be like when everyone's there for them.

Sup fest buddy. :3:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

So is anyone for sure going to the fest other than me and RunTo TheHills? We just booked a hotel room (it's not the party hotel, that poo poo's too expensive). We're looking for a rad dude or two or three to fill out space and share some cost. IM me at gerfatty or him at mymakeshiftwings for more info!

Heyyyyyyyy 9th grade AFI sn. Anyway, we are awesome people. Please help us not wind up broke.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Just to get my say in on the metalcore subject: Gather :colbert:

Oh man, Gather rules. Also 7 Generations.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Ehhh. 7gen is okay. I think their cult following irritates me. And that the demo was WAY better than the new album (not saying the new album is bad, Vanguard and Bloodlust are loving awesome songs).

Fair enough. I hung out with them a bit when they were first starting out, and they're some of the nicest dudes ever. Chris gave me a recipe for vegan peanut butter chocolate balls that are goddamn amazing. :3:

Also, came across a copy of Dance Tonight! Revolution Tomorrow! in a record store today for five bucks. So that was cool.

Finally, I saw the Cobra Skulls/Copyrights last night in Portland. It was a house show and when the Cobra Skulls were playing, there were less than 15 people in the room, including the band. wtf portland.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah they are great dudes. My ex was friends with Nick so I hung out with him a few times, and I've talked to Tim a bit. Also, still in print not much of a find :)

Yes, but I didn't have it yet. So you know. Awesome.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Triangulum posted:

By completely random chance I saw Leftover Crack with Dropping Bombs (sucked), Chewing on Tinfoil (owned), and one other band that also kind of sucked while on vacation in Dublin. It was quite honestly one of the best shows I've seen, at least LOC's set. I managed to get front & center on the stage which stupidly had no barrier so I didn't have my normal problem of being able to see over people. Did get a bit too much of Stza's crotch/knee in my face though.

Dublin punks are pretty chill too.

As much as i think Stza is a dick, i still love the gently caress out of LOC live shows. They really know how to work a crowd.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah. Next sunday or something I think? I don't know. I need to figure out what to do about the 7gen/gather show at the end of the month in SD too.

Oh my god, Gather is doing a reunion show? WANT.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah, for the last 7Gen show Oct 24. I mentioned it in here a 6-8 weeks ago or so when it was announced. Still trying to figure out if I can make it. I just don't know anyone in SD and that show is going to be awkward as gently caress thanks to a pretty bad break up.

Fuuuuck, that's the day before my fall break ends, and i'll be driving back up to portland. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

But as far as people, you can chill with triangulum or something.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So guys, new Nothington? Yeahhhhhhhhh.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
:siren::siren::siren: FROM ASHES RISE REUNION SHOW FEB 21ST 2010 :siren::siren::siren:

I am so loving excited about this this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Iron Lung posted:

are they doing any sort of tour or is it just one show? i missed them the last time they were in phoenix and then they broke up :(

Looks like just the PDX date at the moment, but who knows what'll happen between now and Feb.

Not an Anthem posted:

Dear FAR and 90% of bands that broke up in the past 20 years, don't reunite. Seriously, there are a lot better current bands to worry about.

I disagree. I would also like to see a HHIG reunion, and another Trial show. Also Pig Champion should rise from the grave for a Poison Idea reunion. :colbert:

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Seriously. I feel old when bands that I saw live have had time to break up and then reform and have people be excited about it. Was 2003 really that long ago???

Also, "Nightmares" sucked.

They broke up in 2005, and I've been bummed ever since. AND NIGHTMARES WAS A MASTERPIECE.

I thought everyone would be more excited about this. :(