Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.

mrmanatee posted:

should I get next?

Yay, Dirt Cult Fest with Ghost Mice and the Dauntless Elite on Saturday.

Nice, I was at this show! Ghost Mice was great. I don't have a problem with the way they play their shows, it makes it that much more intimate. Plus they played my requests! I love small shows like this, so much more personalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

ddonahue99 posted:

Best French bands:

-Mihai Edrisch (especially first LP)
-Celeste (especially the new one)
-The Third Memory
-Aussitot Mort (but Amanda Woodward is kind of boring)
-Daitro
-Belle Epoque
-Sed Non Satiata
-Brume Retina

It's hard to put them in order though.

As odd as this sounds, I actually prefer the older 90s French emo bands to this current sound. And by that I mean bands like Fingerprint, Anomie, Jasemine, Peu Etre, Undone, Cartha Matha, and a few others.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

The Spookmaster posted:

This thread should take a turn for the Blank Stare, Sick Fix and Coke Bust direction since they along with Weekend Nachos and Harms Way killed TIFY this year and were amazing again in Charlotte. DISCUSS

Man, I'm jealous. That line up killed. Did you happen to see Judas and In Disgust too? They put out arguably some of the best material in '07.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Holy hell Chaos In Tejas lineup is loving great this year. I will be there for sure. I was having a tough choice deciding between this and Maryland Deathfest, but Bastard clinched it for me.

Here's the lineup if anyone else is wondering:

CHAOS IN TEJAS
MAY 27 - 30, 2010
EMO's, MOHAWK, RED 7, and BEERLAND
AUSTIN, TX
initial lineup:
Acephalix
A-Frames
Arctic Flowers
Axeman
Bastard (Japan..one time reunion)
Bastard Noise (Wood, Connell and Nelson)
Bone Awl
Brilliant Colors
Crow (Japan)
Dead to Me
Deskonocidos
Fungi Girls
Gehenna
Grass Widow
the Hex Dispensers
Inquisition (columbia)
Iron Age
Iron Lung
Jeff the Brotherhood
Kim Phuc
Kyklooppein Sukupuutto (Finland)
La Urss (Spain)
Leatherface (England)
Mammoth Grinder
Masshysteri
The Marked Men (only show of 2010)
Mind Eraser
Morne
Mother of Mercy
Nerveskade
Ninja Gun
The Pist
Poison Idea
the Ponys
Psychedelic Horseshit
Rival Mob
Rorschach
Quintron and Miss Pussycat
Ratas Del Vaticano (Mexico)
Shanghai River
the Spits
Slang (Japan)
Subhumans (England)
Tim Kerr and Friends
Toxic Holocaust
Ty Segall
Underground Railroad to Candyland
Vaaska
Volahn
Walls
Wasted Time
Waste Management
Wild Thing
World Burns to Death
Woven Bones
X (Australia)
Yellow Tears
Young Offenders

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Trade me your Jap and Colombian bonzers:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ0gOHJ0wPOBZGhyMmZqaHBfMjBmOXh2cm41cg&hl=en
I'm jealous of your collection.

Here is mine:

http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/ripcord

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

baberaham lincoln posted:

Anything you want for Violence Violence?
Hmm, part of me wants to keep that record.

I saw the Aerosols lp, Salvation lp, and Harvey Milk lp that I would be interested in. I'd be willing to even it out with another record or cash too, especially for the Salvation.

Is that Harvey Milk the first press or the recent repressing?

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Soo roll call for Chaos In Tejas 2010...who is going?

I'll be there all four days. Most of the shows have sold out online, so if you're going you better get your tickets now from someone.

I'm mostly excited for Bastard (DUH), Rorschach, Bastard Noise, and loving Poison Idea.

Anyone know if Poison Idea is good live these days? I know their line up is far from original, I'm hoping for the best.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

answersyouseek posted:

I'm not going to be able to go but I'm sure it's going to be great. Make sure that you catch Wasted Time. They are playing a couple shows so you have a couple different chances to see them. I hope Poison Idea is good. The only original member is Jerry so just be prepared for that.

Hell yes, Wasted Time is one of my favorite new hardcore bands. I'll be seeing them at the Thursday show at emo's with Crow and Talk Is Poison. And yeah, I heard that he's the only member. I'm hoping for the best.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, that line up is ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's better than last years (probably not) but I wish I could go to both Chaos and Dude fest. :(

Also, I never saw the appeal for Arab On Radar. Am I missing something? I actually prefer the Chinese Stars more...

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

tolvaire posted:

Anyone excited for Chaos in Tejas this weekend? because I am.

Hell yeah, leaving Thursday monring. Hopefully in time to catch that opening free show with Obliteration and Mammoth Grinder. Then Crow in the night. This weekend is gonna rule

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

tolvaire posted:

Cannot wait to see Slang and Poison Idea on Saturday

Slang killed it. Poison Idea was just a loving joke. Jerry has become the next HR, they are completely unwatchable live. Biggest disappointment all weekend.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

baberaham lincoln posted:

Did you see Twin Stumps? They played Nashville on their way to Austin, and killed it to a crowd of like 12 people, 4 of whom were groupies for a high school band that played support after their set and 2 of which were in said high school band. Anyways, I saw the line up for the Bone Awl / Inquisition show and peed a little.

I saw Twin Stumps inside of Emo's, and while I like the lp, i was bored to death live for some reason. The singer had great energy, but too me they seem like a poor man's Drunkdriver. I'm probably the only one that thinks that.

Bone Awl was sooooo loving good. Volahn was kind of boring and so was Inquisition.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005

answersyouseek posted:

My new band, Unholy Thoughts, just recorded a demo soon to be out on cassette. Here are a few songs from that demo: http://unholythoughts.bandcamp.com/ Check it out and let me know what you think.

You guys sound great, i'm liking this a lot. What do you play? Also I would be down for a cassette.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Anyone hitting up Chaos In Tejas this year? I just got my 4 day pass in the mail. This will be my 3rd year in a row going. Mostly excited to see The Clean, St. Vitus, Moss Icon, Antisect, and Winter.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
New Church Whip lp is owning my life. Great d-beat from tampa with members of the Merchandise dudes. Free to download on their blog.

http://corpsewithoutsoul.blogspot.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Finally got my 4 day pass for Chaos in Tejas in the mail. Who else is going? The lineup this year is ridiculous. Bummed theres a lot of scheduling conflicts but I'm really excited for Los Crudos, The Damned, Infest, Total Control, and a shitload more.