Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
lately i can't get enough of XFilesX, Spazz, Ceremony, Das Oath and Systematic Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
We played a killer show last night with Fruit Punch and The Low Budgets. Fruit Punch killed it like always but the Low Budgets blew my mind. Joe Jack was dancing and bashing his synth, Chris was contorting in ways i didn't think possible while holding a guitar, and Steve jumped from behind his drums, flew over the stage and started rolling on the ground, kicking people. Insanity. The Boils played too but I hate them so I left.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
this thread is making me lose my faith in hardcore hahaha.

anyway, Discarga and S.O.B. kill.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
man RIP carpenter ant. I saw them at pointless fest 2 years ago and they killed. I used to have a shirt of theirs somewhere.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
Repos kill.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
please stop talking about stupid tech-grind and start talking about minor threat thanks in advance.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
bands without spaces in their names generally suck with the exception of combatwoundedveteran.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
gently caress ONE OF MY FAVORITE BANDS IS PLAYING THE U.S. AND I CANT MAKE IT TO ANY OF THE SHOWS. I will now go hang myself.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
just saying Anti Everything by Surf Nazis Must Die is still the best record to listen to if you still go to high school.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

Man, I hate when bands I like play with LoC. I don't even dislike them so much, but the fans suck a lot.

But, I guess its worth it for Magrudergrind/Witchhunt/Mischief Brew

I went to this show, moshed during magrudergrind and then went to the hospital haha.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

mrmanatee posted:

I did this too, sans hospital. That was the biggest punk show I've ever been to. Also the night before that, Joe Jack Talcum in a basement. Seeing people get that pumped for a tiny man playing Punk Rock Girl was pretty wacky.

i might've jumped onto you. during the band before them (max and the musnrmtjhyjrg?!!?) me and my friends were just totally making fun of knee-jerk moshers (it's not like you HAVE to do it guys.)

also: the dudes from No Ca$H were spanging outside and my girlfriend bummed a cigarette off one of them. no ca$h kinda sucked but they were okay dudes.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
so when discussing girl-fronted bands no one mentioned nausea huh

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
death threat or deathreat?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

ChristianDB posted:

Been listening to weird hardcore/crossover/blitzkrieg thrash kind of music

massgrav is pretty fun, albeit repetitive, especially when you really like a song but its like 32 seconds long.

http://www.myspace.com/massgrav

also I love the Japanese scene, its like they filtered all the bad things with whats wrong with hardcore/punk/thrash these days, took a bunch of adderall and just made album after great album after great album. Just non stop, full of energy, minimal breakdowns and FUN. Been to a few shows (idol punch, gently caress you heroes, breakfast, razors edge etc etc) and the way the band moves instead of looking bored on stage and just trying to get through the set is refreshing from the music scene here in Boston

here are some myspaces, I know that people will put down the music, scoff at that weird vocals and I don't mind that, sometimes the bands I list is not everyone's cut of tea. Just look out there, if you're bored search through friends list, some really great bands there.

razors edge
http://www.myspace.com/razorsedgejapan

idol punch
http://www.myspace.com/idolpunch 3

fill in the blanks
http://www.myspace.com/fibcom

last one for now

jellyroll rockheads (yea i know)

http://www.myspace.com/jellyrollrockheads

what do you mean "yea i know"? rockheads loving rule.

check out paintbox, gently caress on the beach, breakfast, sheeeps, judgement, death side, systematic death and forward. so much amazing punk and hardcore has been coming out of japan since the eighties.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

MattWPBS posted:

But yes, crusty traveller scumbags. Not really met any, but hate them anyway for getting the R5 fest shut down while I was over and had a ticket for Sunday. That was very annoying.

they didn't get pointless fest shut down, in my eyes. the geniuses who decided to hire FSU to do security at a mostly hardcore/crust fest pretty much got it shut down. i hate people who gossip when they weren't there.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
my friend copped an original pressing of the "let them eat jellybeans" comp. so good.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

BRAIN HANDLE posted:

Let's just name every hardcore band ever and say they are the angriest!
most people say infest but i say early hellnation ok!!!

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Wizard Mannequin posted:

7 Seconds is clearly the angriest band

On a serious note, I just listened to the NMDS/Western Addiction split for the first time in a while and it loving rules.

Also is Amebix any good live? I just found out they're comin to Philly and even though I'm not crazy about them I might check it out

ahh gently caress Mikey Brosnan from the Claw died a week or so ago. Bummer.

it's amebix and mischief brew. im there.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Not an Anthem posted:

Details on bands? Not familiar.

guessing chaos destroy is a dust noise worship band

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
got my tickets for amebix in february. electro hippies are great, everyone should like them. anti-cimex is better than discharge.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I think Im the only person that likes Ceremony. But I dont think they are powerviolence.

i like ceremony a lot as well, actually. brutal knights rule.

and anti-cimex played what discharge did faster and angrier, and never went bullshit hard rock/metal (to my knowledge)

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
man are all hardcore kids that brainless and macho? annoying as gently caress.

also why do kids two step at a ceremony show?

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

answersyouseek posted:

1. No
2. Because it is a Ceremony show.

but ceremony is all fast n' poo poo...

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Competition posted:

I usually can't stand any Oi, but Cock Sparrer are still amazing.

THIS. a million times this. most oi is loving trash but cock sparrer and the 4-skins and and a few more recent bands (criminal damage) proved it isnt completely worthless as a genre.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Judgement are playing Chaos in Tejas this year. Dreams = realized.

gently caress.

whats with all these amazing japanese bands coming to places far from me? first systematic death, now judgement...

granted, i saw forward and warhead a while ago but i'd drink the blood of my brother to see judgement.

also, the amebix show was amazing.

EDIT: also, while perusing HG FACT for info about the paintbox EP and singles collection i saw that they'll be putting out a hosed Up 7". gets props for hosed up in my book.

Your Weird Uncle fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 5, 2009

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

The owner of this one Japanese punk shop that I'm always trading with was looking for some death metal 7" that I just happened to have, so I told him I'd trade it to him for a copy of that new Paintbox 7" when it comes out. Score! I also got a flyer today from a shop that says that the 3rd Paintbox album will finally be released in August. Can't. loving. Wait.

you lucky motherfucker. i am convinced i am the biggest paintbox/burning spirits fan on the east coast, ive been lusting after all that new material for MONTHS and cant get a hold of it.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of places where the bct tapes can be aquired, internet or otherwise?

chaosnonmusica im looking at you.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
loving YES. thank you.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

EvilRobot posted:

Is it still safe to discuss Kylesa in here because I'm pretty stoked for the new album. In my opinion, they've evolved in to the band Neurosis should have been post TSIB.

I just saw them open for amebix last saturday. i liked them before but drat they are amazing live. Laura Pleasance is so beautiful.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Final Fantasy Baseball posted:

Blink 182 are officially back :shobon:

I haven't listened to or cared about them for almost 5 years but when they said they were back I got a total high school nostalgia kick.

they're also officially terrible

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
summer is for thrash and pop punk. s'why razors edge is THE summer band.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Dundee McFluffers posted:

I find this thread odd because all my punk friends really, really hate emo and hardcore. And then the tiny bit of emo and hardcore kids I've talked to all say they hate punk. I'm confused.

you hang out with really really stupid people.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
things i've learned: bands with the word "homo" in the name are awesome (homostupids especially)

iskra loving rules everyone listen to iskra.

also crude is coming to philly? tell them to bring Judgement with them.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
very first meat puppets 7inch is one of the most creative and overlooked singles in punk, and i don't care how you feel about that statement.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Iron Lung posted:

This was posted in the Watch Documentaries! thread in GBS and i thought this thread may also find it interesting. Its a documentary from Martin of Los Crudos and Limp Wrist on Hispanic punk in the US.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5497590837696631389

uh you forgot to mention life's halt is in it

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i would gladly murder everyone i know to see judgement.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
going to see witch hunt and fall of erafara on sunday

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
fall of efrafa was loving amazing, if you can somehow catch them before they head back to the UK and break up, do it. witch hunt played a few new songs and they all sounded like other bands, but not in a bad way (yeah i dont know what the gently caress either)

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Competition posted:

Summer will soon be with us. Anyone fancy recommending some pop-punk?

Crimpshrine. Especially the song "Summertime".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
new weekend nachos tracks sound sick.