Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I love this thread, I saw everyone talking about this Baribeau guy and now I can't get enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I feel so ashamed of my vinyl...
http://www.notpopular.com/board/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=46600&forum=1&start=0

p.s. B9 might be tolerable if they split it into sub-forums to dilute the poo poo, but as it is: it''s terrible. I don't even want to know what viv is if it's considered to be worse.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
NFG cover of No Reason Why (Gorilla Biscuits) is sick.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

zeldadude posted:

It's actually pretty sweet - they have one song called Liberty City Hardcore or something and its just "LIBERTY CITY HARDCORE gently caress YOU!" the whole time.

oh and the station is named LCHC

And is apparently located where CBGBs is.

[edit: was]

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

Holy crap why did they have that much cash?
Sucks rear end :(

I can't remember who it was, but there was a band on return to the US where a member got cavity searched due to having so much cash (and in different currencies) on himself.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

Went to a show last night and was surprised by a really awesome-sounding pop-punk band called Living with Lions. I can't access MySpace on this computer, but from the show, they really sounded like Lifetime and Set Your Goals. Kick-rear end band.

They are indeed a very good band (can't wait until they make a UK appearance), I was gonna pick up their CD but the label putting it out has had some "difficulties" of late.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
My uni town has no scene to my knowledge and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. I'm contemplating a big order on Bridge9, and I've heard bad things about their international p&p rates (UK goon).

My poor wallet.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

MattWPBS posted:

Where're you going to Uni then?

Got back from Trashfest yesterday. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Northampton. Close to London I know, but fuel is too much and I work funny shifts. Closest thing to a show I have seen here is that Stout were going to play, but cancelled.

It is fairly central though and I always hear about bands needing a date in the midlands between shows up north and down south, so I might start putting shows on (probs this winter is the earliest I can do it).

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

SubtleDagger posted:

New Killing the Dream is sick.

Picked up this along with the new Verse and Have Heart. Was a good day.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
If you like ISH then get the new H20 album, I believe that it is produced by the same guy and is amazing.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Currently on a 7 Seconds binge, all is good with the world.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Rick Ta Life has gone completely batshit insane apparently, if he wasn't already.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

EvilRobot posted:

He always has been, but I wish to hear anecdotes/rumors/conjecture/completely made up bullshit about his current antics because I get a kick out of poo poo talk.

He got jumped and beaten pretty badly a while back and has gone off the rails, I'll link to his blog because he is typing garbage in all caps-lock and it doesn't seem to end.

* Has found God
* Shaved his head
* Demands metal detectors at shows

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=10761309

The crazy diamond has found a new shine.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I'm loving Dangers, my neighbours are not.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

RagingPawn posted:

So tomorrow night is New Found Glory, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong and Crime in Stereo.

Should be a decent show I think.

I'm going to kick myself forever for not going to this.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Just got an iPhone so now I'm getting into podcasts, any of the hardcore variety?

I'm listening to the B9 podcast and I'm getting annoyed that it's a massive advertisement...

"This is X by Y who you can find on B9store"
*Song*
"That was X by Y who you can find on B9store, now for an interview with Z who you can find at B9store"
"ramble ramble buy our stuff on B9store ramble ramble"

It's one of my favourite labels right now, but come on.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Sticky posted:

Speaking of Bridge 9 lambgoat is saying that they've signed Polar Bear Club. Which rules for me.

http://www.myspace.com/polarbearclub

Awesome to see these guys make it somewheres.

Just came across these guys yesterday infact, I'll keep an eye out.

Currently listeing to: Deez Nuts

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Rick Ta Life has now taken to wearing bullet proof vests as he performs.

Someone has to buy him a forum account, it will be hilarious.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
See, how can we not have him posting here.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

fake edit: where does the gangster hardcore thing come from anyway? New York I'm guessing?

Hardcore became very popular in working class deprived area (DIY culture, lyrics about working class values, etc...) in the 80s around the same time as rap did (you can usually find gangster rappers mentioned in the thankyou areas of lyric sheets of some bands, 50 cent in the Wisdom in Chains one comes to mind). So naturally there will be gangsters that listened to hardcore and some became associated (DMS). This generally happened in New York, and this style of hardcore has since spread out.

Some people (including in this thread) like to throw a poo poo fit that this type of hardcore is heavier than normal types and therefore not proper hardcore or hardcore at all but whatever, I'll still be listening to bands like Bulldoze and Fury of Five while they moan.

quote:

E: Competition, can you offer him an account please? I mean I have no idea how long it would last but for that short period of time it could be the best thing to ever happen to SA.

Can't with my financial situation.

We'll have warn the mods and ask them not to ban him for the first week.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I severely doubt that Rick Ta Life has a pressing schedule.

Pantalones! posted:

realtalk : fury of five sucks.

Oh no you didn't.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

baberaham lincoln posted:

09 predictions:
Minor Threat reunion?
Even if this happened I just can't see it being anything other than a let down.

quote:

90's hardcore revival will take full effect. Start trading in your cut-offs and patch jackets for Krishna Beads and backpacks.
gently caress yes.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I've suddenly developed the urge to listen to Terror

weird.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

RagingPawn posted:

No, I understand hardcore dancing, and I love being in a pit as much as other people, but I don't see the point in purpusfully elbowing and kicking people who blatently don't want to be in the pit.

It's a recognised risk, just like being at the front carries a chance of someone jumping off the stage and landing on you.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Some RTL news, it looks like his dive off the deep end isn't due to him stopping his meds but more to do with an addiction to crack. The guy will be dead within the year methinks, probably suicide though I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up murdered.

NWS (tits and stuff in avatars) http://www.hardcorewebsite.net/bored/viewtopic.php?t=13882

p.s. Circle pits never seem to take off, the worst is when a band comes from somewhere where they are popular and won't shut up trying to get one started.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
This thread is now about cock sparrer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9j26ik1XbY

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I usually can't stand any Oi, but Cock Sparrer are still amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/cocksparrerpunk
(listen to the live version of England belongs to me)

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Didn't sleep and now I'm listening to lots of youth crew sounding continental bands on myspace.

Was a good decision.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I was going to wait until my sister turned like 8 before I gave her some minor threat and a skateboard, but after seeing this I might have to start earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAO4yPd6Gs

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
This should tickle some people...
http://b3ta.com/questions/pubs/post362920

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I look forward to a summer of pop-punk.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

gerfatty posted:

Every summer is the summer of pop-punk.

True, but this one is gonna be extra special.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Iron Lung posted:

If this is true, this is THE best reason i've heard for a band canceling their tour and then breaking up.

Wasn't there an edge band for whom a member broke edge at their record release show and the band subsequently had a massive argument and broke up then and there and never played the show?

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
This is insanely cool...

http://www.hardcorewebsite.net/bored/viewtopic.php?t=14500

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
They don't fit all that well in this thread but is anyone a fan of the King Blues?

http://www.myspace.com/thekingblues

I've been ignoring this band for way too long.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I love that "what if punk never happened" song just for all the references (spesh the operation ivy one), will pick up their stuff

Speaking of references: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3V4ObYRsA I dig this.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Summer will soon be with us. Anyone fancy recommending some pop-punk?

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Equal Vision - May 19th

1. Set Your Goals
2. Do Something
3. So Far, So Good... So What
4. State of Grace
5. Can't Wait One Minute More
6. Trust Slips Through Your Hands
7. Gang Opinion
8. Choices Made
9. Solid Bond
10. Marching Goals
11. United Kids
12. Soundtrack For Voilence
13. Boring Summer
14. Et Tu Brute?
15. All Twisted
16. Don't Got To Prove It
17. Blessed
18. Glue
19. Social Climber
20. Sausages?
21. Don't Got To Prove It (Live)
22. Can't Wait One Minute More (Live)
23. United Kids (Live)
24. Soundtrack For Violence (Live)
25. Can't Wait One Minute More (Rehearsal Session)
26. Secondhand Superstar
27. Big Girl
28. Itchycoo Park
29. Haven't Been Myself In A While
30. Everyday
31. Shout It
32. Owner's Manual
33. Something Special
34. Using Someone Else
35. It's Not Your Fault
36. Living Life
37. Ordinary
38. Little Men
39. Worm's Eye View
40. Secondhand Superstar (Demo Version)
41. Haven't Been Myself In A While (Demo Version)
42. Everyday (Demo Version)
43. Hard Times Are The Best Times

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I always hated ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Triangulum posted:

I got in a fight with a dude who was probably about 16-17 years old at Soma because I accidently elbowed his girl in the face while skanking. Absolutely loving retarded. But the venue is really cool other than the kids and they have tons of shows, so you can't bitch too much.
I know a girl who consistently stands at the side of pits, I've seen her be knocked unconscious 2 shows in a row and come out with a nearly broken nose after getting a heel to the face before. Does her boyfriend get all defensive? No, he just calls her an idiot for standing there and laughs.

quote:

I wish they would stop having the local ska concerts on the sidestage though. It always sells out and then yo ugotta wait in line which always sucks.
As someone who has been disconnected from a scene for 2 years now I can promise you that hanging out in the line and loving about with friends is one of the biggest things you will miss if you ever get disconnected.