Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
todesschaf
Nov 6, 2006
Sheep of Death!
Hooray, python 2.6! (Too bad we probably won't start using it at work until some time after the heat death of the universe.)

Now, a question: does anyone know of an already-existing SOAP filter (2.2) or hook (3.0) for cherrypy? I'm sticking a SOAP API into an existing cherrypy URL tree, and I would prefer to not have to hack one together myself out of SOAPpy or something similar. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

todesschaf
Nov 6, 2006
Sheep of Death!

GregNorc posted:

I updated my post with some more details... I think the error is on my end.

Edit: I'll just C/P the relevant stuff here for easier reading:

I tried messing around a bit. If I only put something in the "to" field, this is what happens:
http://i.imgur.com/gRrpq.png

Look how it tried to mail each _characted_ of the email to me? so g@mailserver.com, n@mailserver.com... and so on and so forth?

I attached the current version of my code here (with my username/password omitted): http://pastebin.com/VtQK0mT7

I'm not too familiar with python's syntax, and actually inherited this particular program, so I'm a bit lost on how to make this work... I'm guessing it's concatinating the string in some weird way? I think if I can fix that concatenation, I'll have the app working...

Make your to_addr, etc lists of strings instead of bare strings, that's what smtplib seems to expect. The reason it tries each letter is it just assumes if the input is iterable then it must be a proper list. Too bad strings also happen to be iterable.

edit: beaten, dammit.

• Locked thread