Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olly the Otter
Jul 22, 2007
Does anyone know how to get PyDev to recognize libraries that are just .so files?

For example, it keeps telling me that cjson and resource are unresolved imports, even though these are present and in standard locations:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cjson.x86_64-linux-gnu.so
/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/resource.x86_64-linux-gnu.so

It also flags as "undefined variable" any attempt to use these libraries, for example by calling cjson.decode.

Both of these folders (/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages and /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload) are listed in the system PYTHONPATH under Python Interpreters in the settings dialog. Googling this problem yields numerous examples where folders weren't in that list, but that doesn't appear to be my problem. I'm guessing it has more to do with that it's a .so file rather than .py, or that the filename is decorated with architecture details. Of course, my program has no difficulty with finding and using these libraries at runtime.

I know that I can decorate the code with UnresolvedImport etc., but I'd rather figure out what's wrong and fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread