Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Raisins
Oct 21, 2007
Damnit

deep square leg posted:

I came in here today to ask about IDEs with Django, to see that it has already been addressed. At work I primarily use ASP.NET with visual studio, and although at home I prefer to use Django, I'm a bit spoilt by how easy it is in VS to trace through my code. I've downloaded WingIDE for the trial, but anything less than the professional version is next to useless for me, and it's a bit much to pay considering I'm just tinkering with it at home.

Have people had any good experiences with Eclipse + pydev? The pydev author has a guide on getting it going for Django here, but it's the only IDE I haven't tried yet as I remember Eclipse as slow and bloated a few years ago. I'm sure it's better now.

While maybe not a full blown IDE, Komodo Edit is really nice for both python and django. It works with django out of the box and allows you to make projects for easy organization, code completion, and custom highlighting. I really like it. Also, it is free unlike it's partner Komodo IDE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread