Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Very little experience with programming person here. About a year ago I did a pre-release review for a new-to-javascript book that really made sense to me: the book was designed to build a game and while each chapter built on the previous one and toward the game, they also had end-of-chapter exercises for other tasks based on the lessons in that chapter. Are there any books on Python that are in this style? I want to start working with python for some IoT devices I have and learn best when I have something very structured but with clear examples on how what I'm learning can be applied elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Learning python, wrote a very simple script that asks for an input and prints said input. I'm on OSX, Sublime Text. When I go to Build, anything I type into the is just ignored. So I guess my question is, how do I test python scripts asking for raw_input?

• Locked thread