Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leinad
Jan 14, 2003

Edit: Nevermind.

Instead, if someone wants to show me how to rewrite this in a more Python way, that would be cool. I'm sure it can be done in a single somehow.

code:
for k in range( 0, 5 ): 
  f = 1 
  for j in range( 0, 5 ): 
    if j != k: 
      f = f * ( - x[i[j]] * inverse( x[i[k]] - x[i[j]], p ) ) 
  M += y[i[k]]*f 

return M % p 

leinad fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leinad
Jan 14, 2003

I'm teaching myself a little bit about wxPython, so I'm implementing the calculator from this tutorial except I'll make it evaluate postfix expressions. Anyway, do I have to create a new event handler function for each number and operator button in order to append the symbol to the end of the text box, or is there a way to do it in a single function? Could I set the id of each number button to its value and get the id in the handler? Then use 11-14 for the operators?

• Locked thread