Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Oh hey the BSD DB lib is getting axed in 3.0... Did anyone ever actually use that thing for anything? I'd of thought that SQLlite has been the flat file db of choice for a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

My head hurts.

What the hell were apple thinking even CONTEMPLATING distributing python without loving database bindings. Without the db bindings, almost the entire spectrum of useful things to do with scripting languages is left a flibbering mess.

Lazy Apple. Lazy loving lazy.

Anyone know a good way of getting mysqldb of some variety working on the mac. This is making me too angry working it out for myself :(

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

m0nk3yz posted:

Apple doesn't distribute mysql - why would they give you bindings, especially given those bindings compile against a particular version of MySQL that's local to the machine?

Note, I do have instructions, I just need to find them - I'll post them when I have them

I'd argue however that Mysql is fundamental enough that apple ought be providing its own package of that as well, or at least providing bindings against the mysql downloadable from the mysql site.

Because could you imagine distributing a python app for , say cocoa, that had to do mysql or postgres work?

At least with windows, you have mysql.dll or whatever it is, and it all seems to magically kinda work.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

m0nk3yz posted:

FWIW, I chucked another side project up on pypi today:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyjavaproperties/

Here's the others:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/nose-testconfig/
http://code.google.com/p/testbutler/

I've got two more pending nose plugin projects as well as a multiprocessing/MPI package coming as well, although the last one might turn into an actor-model thing, right now I am trying to pull dramatis (http://dramatis.mischance.net/) apart.

woo testbutler looks nice.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Trying to get Python Imaging Library working with python on Os/X has got me very loving close to just abandoning developing on macs :(

It shouldnt be this hard, but it is, and the fact that Apples primitive-rear end packaging system (there isnt one) is somewhere around "Slackware in the early 90s" doesnt help at all.

Everything on google says to either use fink or macpython. no no no no no I'm not using THAT python, I want to use THIS python that came with it.

Argh.

Come on Apple, just put one staffer onto maintaining your python distro. Its all it will take! You cant just throw products out the door pre-abandoned.

</rant>

Seriously Apple should just annoint APT-GET or portage or something and provide official distros of stuff like mysql and the python libs and poo poo, so this primitive rear end nonsense of having to hand patch poo poo all the time to get it to compile is history. God forbid someone wanting to run a mac as a server, and having to deal with security updates to open source software.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

SlightlyMadman posted:

I'll definitely have te defer to you there, since I come from much more of a heavy-handed java background. The reason I pointed it out is that it avoids magic strings, and if he ever adds more fields to the object he doesn't have to make the change in two places.

It avoids magic strings, but endangers the whole operation of magic variables. Theres a lot of __crufty__ __magical__ __stuff__ __under__ __the__ __hood__ that could get caught up in that blender!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Sparta posted:

Apologies if this has been answered already, but there's a lot here to wade through.

I want to learn Python (in fact, I'm going to have to learn it). I have a little programming background. I got through 3 quarters of Computer Science, in which I mainly mastered C, and struggled tremendously with Java.

I have worked with PHP, and although I'm not really a great coder, if I need to figure out a problem, I can most likely find myself a solution.

I love procedural programming, it makes sense to me, but I keep hearing about how great Python is (and about OOP). Is there a tutorial/book out there that is good at teaching me how to code Python when I do have some programming experience, but only on the procedural end?

The tutorial is always the place to start for python. The one on the site is actually very good. It wont take you more than a day, and you'll get quite deep into pythonn, certainly enough to fend for yourself assuming a basic programing competency (which you have if you can do C)

The object oriented stuff, uh I dunno man, just think of them as structs with functions inside them, if the analogy of 'balls of data and code that send messages to each other' hurts the head too much. The structs with functions inside them is a bit of a cheap description because it doesnt capture the capacities, but its a start.

OO almost always comes to people in one big "ah ha!" moment when suddenly they just 'get it' all at once, a bit like how database normalisation starts off frusturatingly wierd, and then suddenly just makes sense to people in one hit.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Yeah whats happening is your pointing room1 and room2 at the same class by pointer

its sort of saying

room1 IS room
room2 ALSO IS room

the problem here is that when you set room2.name, your actually refering to room.name which is the same thing as room1.name

this is wrong!

What you want is;-

room1 IS A room
room2 IS ALSO A room

to do this you do you do this

room1=room()

room2=room()

Whats happening here is that calling the room object as a function will
A) Create a new INSTANCE of the room object
B) call the __init__() function of the object (if it has one)
and finally
C) poo poo out a pointer to the object into your room1 variable

kinda

Can I also make a suggestion.

Rather than Room1 room2 room3 etc

Try
roomArray={}
roomArray[1] = room()
roomArray[2] = room()
and so on...

That way you can go

myRoom=roomArray[roomNo]

and it'll always return the right room

edit:

:toot:

code:

class room:
   doorNames = {}
   doorDest = {}
   def setDoor(self,doorNo,doorName,doorDest)
       self.doorNames[doorNo] = doorName
       self.doorDest[doorNo]  = doorDest

def showDoorNames(self):
       for door in in self.doorNames:
             print "Door #"+str(door)+" : "+str(self.doorNames[door])
   def getDoorDest(self,doorNo):
             return self.doorDest[doorNo]

roomArray[3] = room()
roomArray[3].description = "A room with some stuff in it"
roomArray[3].setDoor(1,'Door East',5)
roomArray[3].setDoor(2,'Door South',1)
roomArray[5] = room()
roomArray[5] = "Hi look its some other room ok?"
(etc)

myRoom = roomArray[3]
print myRoom.description

A room with some stuff in it

myRoom.showDoors()

Door #1 : door east
    Door #2 : door south

myroom = roomArray[myRoom.getDoorDest(1)]
print myRoom.description

Hi look its some other room ok?

Untested, but theres some ideas for ya. Try and push as much logic about how a room behaves into the room itself. Theres a few ways of doing this , and none are really the right way.

You can have a self representing room, so when you go

myRoom.look(), it'll poo poo out a full description of the room, and the doors and everything.

Alternatively you can get a bit more MVC, and have a room that contains a MODEL of the room and how it kinda works , but doesnt represent it to the user. thats done by other code (for instance a showRoom(room) function like you have).

Theres a few other ways too. Look up "design patterns". Most are loving worthless poo poo java programmers torture themselves with to make up for the languages contortions, but theres a few great ones as well that are worth learning.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 2, 2008

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

m0nk3yz posted:

Oh no guys, I've picked up "Programming Erlang" - I'm going to the dark side :jihad:

Of course, this is all part of my clever plot to introduce Actors/Message passing pieces to python.

shave that beard son

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

king_kilr posted:

Guys, this: http://github.com/alex/pyelection/tree/master/models.py#L57 is why you shouldn't be using except: pass, because i don't have a loving clue what my own code does, or what the logic is.

In a busy workplace most python programers will probably confess to resorting to *occasionally* crash-mode boundary checking to get things done fast, namely something like
code:
try:
  x = y[z]
except:
  x = 0
That will pretty much always work, sorta, except its loving terrible, because there are unforseen things and those should NOT be allowed to work!. y might be some whacky iiteratating thing thats actually slurping off a database, and perhaps by smacking out the except your breaking some transaction handling. You are probably whacking keyboard handling (this is a big one when your dealing with a shitload of noisy data and you go 'gently caress it, just crash through the bad records , jobs gotta be out the door in 15 mins' and you run it and you cant even ^C out because you except:pass ed it.

Everyones been there, but it is considered BAD mojo.

What you should be doing is first testing bounds etc , and THEN access stuff. If you must just crash past something , then try and work out in advance what the error is, and learn how to use except to catch *specific* errors.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

ah, its beautiful-soup based webpage scraping. Yeah ok, that poo poo can get very messy and I can relate to 'gently caress it we are going live' motherfucker-style exception handling.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

The Remote Viewer posted:

How long will it take me to get to the point where I can create a very basic roguelike in Python, with some minor past experience in programming?

spend a shitload of time learning yourselves lists, tuples and dictionaries, and then try and get your OO mojo up.

Rogue-likes are probably right up pythons alley.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

MeramJert posted:

I decided to finally try out stackless.

I'm in love
:swoon:

I wrote a really really insane web-spider for an old job using stackless. loving thing could max out a 20mbit fibrelink instantly. loving crazy-scaling.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Centipeed posted:

I was looking at GUI programming with Python, but I figured I'd just ask here instead of wading around the internet trying to find an answer: Do any of the Python GUI doohickies work in the same way the visual programming languages work, like VB.net and C#? As in, you can just drag and drop GUI components and then put your code in behind the scenes, as it were?

Boa constructor is a full blown delphi/vb type system for python. Its a bit undermaintained and has some quirks however.

Its a very impressive piece of code and if the guy behind it wasnt so bad at letting other people work with his code, it'd be *the* IDE for python work bar none.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

deimos posted:

I am gonna ask the boss for PyCon, and I am pretty sure I am going to go regardless of job paying for it, at the very least for the conference.

That being said, this is discouraging.

m0nk3yz do you think it'll be better this year?

I know a couple of developers who have decided to give 09 a miss due to the poo poo that went on with the last pycon. Spending $5K+ to fly from australia to go to a conference on the other side of the earth only to have it wrecked by blatant spamming by vendors doesn't endear folks to the organisation of it all.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Very very new to Python (learnt BASIC way back in the day). I've followed what I can of some tutorials but need answers to the following:

1. How can I embed a string within an outputted line?
Example:

code:
x='yes'
y='no'

print 'there is' X 'or' Y
Desired output: there is yes or there is no

Optimally you might use some sort of string interpolation (google it), but
perhaps a little more understandably

print 'there is' + X + ' or ' + Y

Note, you can have type errors with this, so be careful.

quote:

What code do I need to use to get the strings x and y into my output?

2. How can I get outputs to split between lines?

Desired output:

This is line 1 with variable1
This is line 2 with variable2

something like:

code:
print 'this is line 1 with' variable1 \n\
print 'this is line 1 with' variable2
But that doesn't work because I cannae code for poo poo.
print 'this is line 1 with '+variable1
print 'this is line 1 with '+variable2

Dont worry about the '\n' with print, because it does it automatically.

Theres also the option with print to use commas to separate stuff ie

print 'this is line 1 with' , variable1
print 'this is line 1 with' , variable2

and infact that might even be better because its less likely to poo poo itself if you have to mix string and int, although I still think string interpolation is the way to go, however I dont have the time to explain it, so google is your friend.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Man I'm still fantasizing about doing a hostile takeover of boa constructor.

Delphi-for-python (aka boa constructor) really is the greatest thing ever, but the glacial speed combined with a dude who seems alergic to cooperating with people makes me think that motherfucker needs to be forked.

Because a well maintained publically loved boa constuctor would be a dominating bulldozer of a linux IDE.

If the free pascal guys (Lazarus, its loving amazing) can do it, why the hell cant python get it right.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

spankweasel posted:

Ignore this post newbies.

Coding like this will cause you brain damage and make you think like a java programmer. Before long you will be editing XML based configuration files and your wife will leave you and your dog will bite you.

Heres the better way of doing it.

Class definition.

code:
class PersonalData ():

def __init__ (self, name="unknown", age=0, address="unknown"):
        self.name = name
        self.age = age
        self.address = address
    #Thats it bitches.
Using it.
code:
Tom = PersonalData (name="Tom", age=18, address="123 Fake St.")

print tom.name
print tom.address
print tom.age
Or even (Study my syntax on the constructor)

code:
Tom = PersonalData()
Tom.name = "Tom"
Tom.age = 18
Tom.address = "123 Fake St"
Unless you need them, getters and setters are unpythonic. There are of course exceptions to this, but the code posted was not one of those.

Sorry spankweazle. Dont teach other people bad habits.

Also rampant public property useage is sometimes considered bad OO by (non pythonic) puritans (since how do you concieve of it as 'message exchanges' without complete brainhurt), but OO purism is for smalltalk users but this is python and python programmers specialize in silly walks. Essentially the idea is that you (ab)use the class as a implicit struct. Its not true OO, but its a perfectly acceptable use of objects in python world.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 25, 2009

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Sylink posted:

I think of classes as simply collections of functions and variables that are sort of centered around a common purpose , or a library.

Say you want to a do a lot of different math thingies, rather than writing a bunch of individual functions outside of a class you put them in a class so you can keep them in a certain collection of names.

So you have a normal function get_dongs() and a class Dong with its own function get_dongs() called like so

code:

butt = Dong
butt.get_dongs()

Kinda. but not quite. This is more a name space than a class, and you can use class singletons as name spaces, kinda.

Really the best way to think of objects is as little black box's that represent a particular thing or concept. In effect a tiny self contained program with multiple entry points. The program is defined in the class, and is made active as an object.

So a class might be "Employee", and it holds data for a single employee, can save or retrieve itself from a database, and has functions like "Set pay rate". You might then make 20 employee objects, one for each employee, then have another object called "Payroll" which is a singleton that encapsulates a bunch of data about banks and money and poo poo, and perhaps an instance of a "ledger" object.

When you want to pay an employee, you might send a message to that employee object something like john.pay_employee(john.weekly_rate) , note that this is a method call, but its best to think of methods as messages sent to that object. This becomes even more explicit (as message sending) in languages like smalltalk and Objective C.

So after you send john.pay_employee(john.weekly_rate), the pay_employee method then sends a message to the payroll object, something like payroll.transfer(450.00 , self.account_number , "Weekly pay for John") which means pay john $450 via the enclosed account_number [extracted from my own properties] and put "Weekly pay for john" into the methods. The payrol might then poo poo out a bunch of data over the net to the bank , then send a message to the ledger recording the transaction.

Basically this is modelling the ways a real payroll department might do it IRL. The "john" object is a record in a filing cabinet, and the methods are things you can do with the 'john' object. There might also be a payroll clerk, who you ask (call a method) to do the payroll for john, and the payroll clerk then interacts with both the bank and the general ledger (or whatever the gently caress payroll clerks do).

So by converting the entities and processes into objects with methods and properties, you convert a physical process into a computer program.

Have a study of the way UML works, its a loving great tool for thrashing out OO designs.

Once you start programming OO, you can never turn back. Its a loving great methodology.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

A A 2 3 5 8 K posted:

Some sorts of invalid pages. When you have a database of 400,000 links from all different sources you want to parse, you will find much more that can go wrong with HTML than the authors of any of these packages considered.

word. I worked at a company that spidered about 300 sites daily and grabbed details of specials and poo poo , reformetted them, added the markup and published it. The thing ran on a cluster of 5 machines each running a python script with about 400 microthreads (using stackless) and all using beautiful soup , and god drat is there some horrifying HTML out there.

Also a 400 thread spider can rape almost any given site to a smouldering mess in a fraction of a second. Don't do this, but god drat the structure of that thing was fun to write. The actual scrapers however made me hate my life.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Zombywuf posted:

I actually prefer writing web scrapers to working with Webservice XML APIs. The tag soup HTML madness is usually nicer that APIs that are just some websites data backed with "<xml>" stuck at the front and "</xml>" tacked on the end.

But yeah, writing frameworks to write scrapers in is way more fun than the actual scrapers.

All I can say is beautiful soup saved my sanity.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Foiltha posted:

Any suggestions for a free decent UML tool, aimed at Python in particular? Code generation would be a plus.

Boa Constructor will generate UML diagrams from code. Dia2Py (or is it Dia2Django) will generate Django models from DIA UML.

Which is to say DIA generates pretty cool UML.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I still draw up little truth tables as soon as a logical operation looks like its going to have more than 3 or 4 terms

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Actually I'd strongly recomend not letting your mysql listen on a public port. Some dudes gunna scan it down and brutalize it.

If you must, set up some sort of SSH tunnel or something.

Or better still just put the server on the same box as the machine and only accept local connections.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Im starting to fill with hate and despair about the lovely state of python on the mac compared with linux and windows (where module installation generally 'just works')

anyone got any idea how the gently caress to get igraph to install. loving things got me flumoxed. Theres an installer for it on the site, but I think it just goes off and has a beer instead of installing anything

:sigh:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I think so.

Python 2.5 (r25:51918, Sep 19 2006, 08:49:13)
[GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5341)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

m0nk3yz posted:

You should see this:

Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Nov 12 2008, 17:08:51)
[GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

Are you not on leopard?

Definately on leopard.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Janin posted:

What? There's nothing insecure about a public MySQL server. Just use a password other than the combo to your luggage and you'll be fine.

Keep on believing bro. Keep on believing. I've seen first hand MySQL databases raped from somewhat determined brute force attacks. And There have been brute forcer distributed worms for MS-SQL leaving me to suspect a MySQL brute worm is a matter of when, not if.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Janin posted:

The first advisory wouldn't be solved by moving MySQL to an internal port, and the second doesn't expose any data. Forcing all requests to a database server through a proxy is just introducing another layer that could, and probably does, contain security vulnerabilities. Any vulnerability exploitable by a logged-in user could be performed just as easily over an SSH tunnel.

I maintain that Client -> public SSH -> private MySQL is just as insecure as Client -> public MySQL.

What. No thats an absurdity. Two iron gates is harder to crack than one, always.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

bitprophet posted:

I actually had to lock our network down with a VPN because of SSH bruteforce attacks. Successful ones. Because highly placed nontechnical staff (read: ones I cannot say "no" to) with logins didn't want to use secure passwords. Moral of story: never rely solely on the strength of a single level of password authentication if your user base consists of people who are not you.
Yeah, theres brute forcer worms out there alright. Use fail2ban, it basically sits over ssh (and a few other things, I think) and if it gets more than 3 or 4 consecutive login atempts from an IP, it drops it at the firewall for 15 minutes, and a bunch of other techniques. A friend was talking the other day about a hack that'd implement teergrubbing , basically rather than drop the connection, just fall comatose and try and exhaust the worms threads (Thus crashing it or grieviously slowing it down)

quote:

To ask a Python question: anyone know of any decent "CLI UI" (and not curses-based, I don't think) libraries for Python? I'm thinking of commonish stuff like progress bars, spinners, formatting data into columns, simple "choose option A B or C" menus, and so forth. (I could swear I saw a PyMOTW posting on that last one, but can't find it now. Maybe I should ask Doug...)
For what its worth, curses is really nice to play with, and "just works". I was writing a script a while back to scrape SA and present it in a pine/mutt like format for slacking off at work. Lost interest, but the UI was pretty easy to hack.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Uh. Old anti spam trick. MTA , when it detects spam ,rather than hanging up it just sits there holding the spammers hand and falls asleep. The old spam bots where pretty much single threaded, so it'd kill it dead.

Old web trick that used to work awesome for web spam was to create a gzip file with a html header and 2 gigs of zeros. 2meg file.

Hide it on a <div style=display:none> type link and for added measure put it in robots.txt (to filter out good bots like google) and serve it as a gzipped html file. the thing would send the 2meg file, which would unpack inside the bots brain, flooding it with 2 gigabytes worth of zeros. Make sure apache knows not to unpack it under any costs and ONLY serve it if the bot accepts gzip html

It does horrifying things to browsers too.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

You can use Django with fastcgi

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/fastcgi/

Also if you must do cgi, make sure your setting your headers right.\

But yeah, go get yourself an account with something like slicehost so you can get your setup juuuust right. Your time is more valuable than making GBS threads around with crappy $5 hosts. A non crappy $20 vhost pays itself off in the first hour of saved time.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

quote:

"In the current state of affairs and given the plans of the Python maintainers, there will be likely no python2.6 (even as non-default) in squeeze."

Yay debian!

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Whats there to say? 2.6 won't be in the next debian.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

And?

[root@ashprdmon04 nagios]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga)
[root@ashprdmon04 nagios]# rpm -q python
python-2.4.3-24.el5

Well thats poo poo too. Its a problem, because it slows adoption of 2.6/3.0 and that means python devs have to keep supporting legacy code bases, and provides disincentives for people to modernise their code for the superior 2.6/3.0 branches.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Anybody know how to convince easy_install not to keep loving up installs by sticking -Wno_long_doubles in CFLAGS when its trying to compile poo poo?

Its driving me mad, since everything wants to use that flag, but the mac simply doesnt support it., or rather should I say the more recent apple GCC toolchains don't appear to.

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-long-double"

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

duck monster posted:

Anybody know how to convince easy_install not to keep loving up installs by sticking -Wno_long_doubles in CFLAGS when its trying to compile poo poo?

Its driving me mad, since everything wants to use that flag, but the mac simply doesnt support it., or rather should I say the more recent apple GCC toolchains don't appear to.

*bangs head on wall*

Mac support for python STILL sucks.

Anybody had any success with easy_install on python in snow leopard or is its interaction with the latest mac GCC considered broken in general? i just can't find any references on the net on tweaking C flags globally for easy install.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Milde posted:

Sounds like either his distribution of Python is built incorrectly, or the app he's trying to build is adding those flags itself.

Running python-config --cflags will tell you what the default CFLAGS are for building extensions with distutils. If that faulty flag is in there, you probably need to fix/rebuild your Python installation.

afaik its just bog standard apple python on a pretty standard snow leopard install

mindyou theres been many iiterations of Xcode on there, so gently caress knows what impact that has.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Sailor_Spoon posted:

well --cflags gives me this on the default Snow Leopard python install:

code:
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 \
-I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 \
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE

code:
bash-3.2# python-config --cflags
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3
Should I be on v2.6 by now? Seems to have hung onto an old build or something whacko like that.

How would I give it a kick in the teeth and tell it to use the proper version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Found it. There was some poo poo stuck in my .profile (or whatever it is again) that was locking it down to the apple 2.5 instead of 2.6. Removed that and victory ensured.

Still a little puzzling why apples 2.5 python has GCC options that are not compatible with its prefered GCC. Maybe it didn't upgrade it from leopard when I upgraded, maybe due to some dumb poo poo.

• Locked thread