Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PnP Bios
Oct 24, 2005
optional; no images are allowed, only text
I've been playing around with python in terms with game-development and I am very impressed with what I can do with it. Using a dictionary to manage various states, memory management, abusing a static class to manage game variables, it's all good :D.

here is a paste bin of my current breakout style project. The ball bounces, use the arrow keys to move around, and F1 and F2 to switch the states. You also need pygame.

http://rafb.net/p/DpRL0514.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PnP Bios
Oct 24, 2005

Bonus posted:

I'm getting into pygame right now and I think it's pretty cool, although does anyone else think that the documentation is lacking? It just seems that the function descriptions aren't as clear as they could be and there's never any example of usage.
For instance, there are key constans listen in the documentation for pygame.key but it doesn't say anywhere in exactly which namespace they are. I looked everywhere through the pygame.key namespace only to see that they're defined in the main module namespace.

Yes, the pygame documentation sucks quite bad. But it is a great library.

PnP Bios
Oct 24, 2005
I'm using python with pySerial and wxWidgets to do some pretty sweet stuff with GPS devices. I just have to say that wx for python is amazingly simple to use. I love it to pieces.

• Locked thread