Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ishmael
May 31, 2006
Why is that once I run a script in IDLE the text highlighting disappears? Is there any way I can turn it on again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishmael
May 31, 2006

duck monster posted:

Hey, if you get a chance, play with iPython. Its loving wonderful. If you run it on windows, be sure to set up Readline libs, but if you do its amazing, and if there was a way of making it work inside of idle, it'd make idle into gods own python environ. (Well, if I could get idle running as the shell in eclipse python, I'd probably consider that it).

Wow, I'm just starting out here and iPython is so over my head. It sure looks pretty though.

Yeah, I've realized that I don't even need to run the script in IDLE, it goes black and white even if I save.

I have no idea what is going but I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

Edit: figured it out... I assumed that IDLE was saving every file as *.py without me having to type in the file extension. I most definitely do have to add the file extension, at least in windows.

Ishmael fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 19, 2008

• Locked thread