Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

I put on Sons of Northern Darkness while I was shoveling the foot deep snow off of my driveway, and it took long enough for me to listen to the entire thing. We have 3 days straight of snow coming on the 14th so I'm probably going to get through At the Heart of Winter, Blizzard Beasts and Battles in the North. Now that's how you listen to Immortal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Dehtraen posted:

Break out the MC Hammer shuffle while wearing stretch pants and you're set.

I look up "Abbath in snow" and bam look at the top image result

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

catbread.jpg posted:

Immortal binge!

I completed my discography with the addition of Damned In Black and the Plague Of Evil bootleg, holy poo poo, D.I.B. brings out a rather strong 'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!' reaction.

Also today I bought tickets for the Wellington show in March, the first time they've been over this way, and if they can still play half as well as in that bootleg, I'm going to be in heaven.

I listened to D.I.B. yesterday as a part of my commitment to play Immortal while out shoveling snow. Thanks to record snowfalls I've now listened to their entire discography outside in my grim and frostbitten driveway. :black101:

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Latis posted:

...I mean it sounds like someone who is just started to learn drums and they don't really hit with power or precision...
Easy to miss but he posted that he's been playing since April. I'm assuming what with the mixing and so forth he was probably only playing for like 4 or 5 months before they started recording (correct me if I'm wrong Plasma1010). Drumming and vocals, not unlike a grim and frostbitten Don Henley.

EDIT: I read your post wrong, you knew this, woops

Bobulot fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 6, 2009

Bobulot
May 7, 2007

Latis posted:

I love this video.

I also love this, I'm totally stealing the dance move from 0:45. Now that they've done a Blashyrkh/Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms style snow and mountains video maybe we can get a Call Of The Wintermoon style one for Norden on Fire. It would even give Abbath a reasonable excuse to breathe fire in the video.

Bobulot fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 4, 2010