Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Summoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

the first wave stuff is the coolest stuff, vulcano, mortuary drape, root (1990 but w/e)

Yeah that’s the stuff I really need to dig into more. There’s so much great poo poo.

ElectricWizard posted:

Just chipping in to say Lords of Chaos is not as terrible as I expected. The dialogue is predictably poo poo, but the level of detail is impressive. They capture early 90s Norway really well.
Åkerlund’s background shines through, and Varg is shown as the cock he is. The soundtrack is alright, with some good stuff from Sigur Ros and Tangerine Dream, and you have Attila’s son playing his dad.
3/5 stars.

Nice! I thought the trailer was promising aside from some weird vibes in the tonal balance but eh everything else seemed really good. I’ll have to watch it once it hits digital.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

dreffen posted:

It’s digital right now on Walmarts streaming service. Me and my fiancée watched it a few weeks ago.

The fiancée liked it more than I did actually (but I DID like it quite a bit. A lot more than I expected). I took her down a metal/black metal documentary hole and we watched both of Sam Dunn’s metal documentaries, Until the Light Takes Us, Blackhearts, and listened to Last Podcast on the Left’s 3 part series on the murders and scene.

Also belly shirt euronymous makes an appearance

Oh cool thanks for the heads up, I’ll have to see if there an Apple TV app or something. The LPotL series was so good yeah. Hail yourself!

Crop top metal was the best metal tbqh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Frank Caskelot posted:

Crossposting from the Metal Megathread:

And though it's not obvious based on the lyrics (and who here can understand our moonspeak anyway), we fall into the anti-fash bm category as well.

I don’t understand understand your moonspeak but I really like this. I think I posted something about it in the main thread but oh well.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Randal posted:

No music is that good.

:yeah:

The only thing more irritating than black metal nazis is trying to weed them out of the occult community.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Randal posted:

:same:

I've found that talking poo poo about Crowley will draw them all out.

Crowley is a huge influence huge warts and all for me but yeah. They’ll melt down in a second. They also love their completely bizarre revisionist stuff about him based on literally nothing and I saw someone on tumblr claiming he was a strong homophobe like bruh Crowley was sucking and loving so many dicks come onnnnn. Fascism is incompatible with most of what he put into his work but of course those types will find what they want in anything. There seems to be a group that decided that Thelema = the fashiest bits of the Church of Satan and I don’t even understand how these people function :psyduck:

There’s a dude around here who I thought I really liked. Runs an old book store with a massive collection of old rare occult work. Tons of art too. Genuinely tons of stuff you can’t find anywhere. Unfortunately dude seems to only have connections to fascists. Yay! :suicide:

Weird derail but okay

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I Brake For MILFs posted:

New Batushka? How has no one posted anything about this yet?

For some reason it's uploaded in mono, but it's still a pretty killer track.

Батюшка – Песнь 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJlcndLGc4Q

Yeah I had no clue. Batushka rules.

Lifeglug posted:

If anyone is interested I'm sorta documenting my process of making a release as I'm working on the next one.

https://medium.com/@pestilentone/pt-1-creating-corrosion-871ea73878f5

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I like your posts but my man,

Henchman of Santa posted:

Try to keep it to one post at a time.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hey there are an absolute ton of super cool satanists out there!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Smoke weed, listen to metal, and hail Satan

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I need more atmospheric BM and weird dreamy blackgaze

Have you listened through Wolves in the Throne Room’s discog? I’ve been revisiting/finally getting fully into them and they’re so good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dissection used to be a favorite of mine but once I realized Jon was a homophobic murderer and killed cats etc I lost interest. Dude was a total piece of poo poo and I can’t be bothered with giving him any attention.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I want this patch but also is Sunn O))) racist?

Nope they’re on the opposite end of that spectrum luckily.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Evil_Urna posted:

What the gently caress is going in this thread? A bunch of mewling amature Simon Wiesenthals trying to suss out wrong think in black metal?

Who gives a poo poo. If the music moves you, loving enjoy it.

no

my bony fealty posted:

naw gently caress nazis

Bertrand Hustle posted:

:emptyquote:

It's 2019, we don't support Nazis, rapists, or abusers

yes

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

logging in to the comedy forum to completely and utterly own simon wiesenthal and butt lovers worldwide

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is that a spiked mace in your butt, or is this the black metal thread?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Summoning are a bunch of tolkien loving leftists and they’re better than every nsbm band ever created.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Does anyone remember Basilisk from the UK? Is Vintyr still making music?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is there anything in that post lln vampire horny raw bm scene I should hear?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I heavily neglected black metal this year. I suck.

I never totally clicked with Blut Aus Nord but this new one is so good. I get it now. The leads :gizz:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Was listening to Cantique Lépreux - Paysages Polaires earlier. Definitely one of my favorites from last year. It’s weird how I either absolutely love that sound or get completely bored of it. Not sure what it is but the quality bands are 10/10.

https://youtu.be/u7BewVnWh5Y

Oldstench posted:

New BAN is drat good.

It’s so loving strange too. I keep getting leads stuck in my head like I would a Boston song or something :D the atmosphere is wonderful throughout. Everything works. I guess this is how I finally get into them.

Lifeglug posted:

So whattup, this morning I've released my new album Corrosion! It's been a loving slog and a whole bunch of work, and I hope that you like it, or don't like it, I'm not a cop I'm not gonna tell you what to do.

https://pestilent-one.bandcamp.com/album/corrosion
https://soundcloud.com/pestilent-one/sets/corrosion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqd9_p5UuiU

Ooooo gotta remember to check this out later! Your music rules!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Oldstench posted:

Check out the Memoria Vetusta trilogy after this seeing as you seem to be more into melodic stuff.

Sounds good, your recs have always been 10/10 for me.

A human heart posted:

I'm thinking about buying a plane ticket to go to the bestial warlust reunion show next year..

I thought they disappeared forever. Are they writing new music or just doing the reunion?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Today is looking to be a real rough day for me but now I have a goon album lined up to help me through it. Thanks! I’ll be sure to post my thoughts on it once I’ve had a listen or two.

3 tracks in edit: this rules

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Oct 21, 2019

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dungeon synth rules and I’m always interested in finding more good albums

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Huh I guess the new Mayhem album is actually good? The bass tone is really cool.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TheIllestVillain posted:

i saw it charted on Metacritic of all places and it reminded me that Mayhem were still around, it's really good.

Haha nice, it took me pleasantly by surprise.

deadking posted:

So since this is now moonlighting as a dungeon synth thread I figured I'd throw out a little something I've been working on. It's a pretty amateurish affair but I'm happy with it so far, especially since it's broken like a 10+ year dry spell of not writing or recording music for me.

https://mortwight.bandcamp.com/

Bumping this to the new page since it got unfairly buried and more people should check it out. This is great stuff. Don’t be hard on yourself, I really love the atmosphere you conjured up on it and it’s always great to hear someone get back into the flow of music making.

This is so good :swoon:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

crazyvanman posted:

I really feel that black metal has been vindicated as the One True Genre that reflects the times we are living in. Soon we will be able to say 'I listened to that long before the plague times'. For example I've been listening to vaar who have released two things this year already https://vaar.bandcamp.com/album/as-dusk-fell

God drat this is really, really good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

yesssss

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

abske_fides posted:

Everytime I revisit some Borknagar albums, I'm always astounded as to why they're not more discussed. I get it, they're proggy which isn't everyone's cup of tea but seriously what a fantastic band.

Extremely good metal taste man John Darnielle said something about “norwegian metalheads who like Pink Floyd” being a good genre of metal and :yeah:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Weaponized Cum posted:

I love Empricism but haven't really gotten into their other stuff. Good band for sure

Give the new one a listen sometime, it’s real good and it’s interesting to see how they’ve evolved and fine tuned parts of their sound.

Oldstench posted:

I'm probable the biggest PdH fanboy on these forums so take what I say with a grain of salt, but Im Wald is just loving incredible.

I can’t wait to check this out even though it’s 2 hours long lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Enjoying this a lot so far

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The drums are insane

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

As soon as it’s shorts and hoodie weather in florida the black metal is finally truly free.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Also if you have to deep dive to find out if a band is iffy then imo save yourself the sanity and just enjoy listening to the music and go from there. Not trying to tell you how to consume media but yeah.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bumper Stickup posted:

Ah sick. I can keep enjoying them then. Guess while I'm here can I get any recs for some bands? Currently the only black metal bands on my Spotify are Truchlo Strzygi, Ashenspire, Zeal and Ardor, and Al-Namrood.

Have you heard the classic go to black metal albums?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Smirr posted:

I haven't been able to stop listening to it in the last couple of days. It's so loving good

It really is. It’s so nice to hear some bm that sounds classic but original at the same time without losing itself in some like avant garde hole or whatever. Really good songwriting and musical ideas going on.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

olives black posted:

Just dropping in to say that I really like the way that Quorthon's voice sounds on the early Bathory albums. It's so delightfully wicked.

Everything about those albums is loving amazing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Smirr posted:

Summoning completely rule and I'm glad you got to experience them for the first time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

deadking posted:

I think I saw something about Departure Chandelier working on new material but I can't remember. Fingers crossed; Antichrist Rise to Power is great.

They did release this Venusberg Cardinal album a bit ago though, which is has the same members and was apparently recorded at the same time as ARtP: https://departurechandelier.bandcamp.com/album/atlas-of-dungeons

:sickos: