Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

my bony fealty posted:

new Wolves In the Throne Room EP is pretty good. I always zone out with their records so it's nice to have something short.

Guess I should see them when they come through next month.

Just saw them when they came through. Absolutely worth it - good show. They mostly played shorter (and newer) stuff, except for the obligatory Two Hunters bits :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

TerranRaida posted:

I saw Gaerea, Blackbraid, and Wolves in the Throne Room play last week and it was one of the most atmospherically pleasing shows I've seen. WTTR played under candlelight, blackbraid brought out a native American flute and sage bundle, and Gaerea was just so out there and full of smoke.

Great time

Nice! I assume due to fire regulations, wittr didn't use real candles when I saw them... they used electric ones which really isn't the same.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Two top tier releases this year I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Рожь - Всё https://bandrye.bandcamp.com/album/--5
Marthe - Further in Evil https://marthesl.bandcamp.com/album/further-in-evil

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

it would be sad and amusing if Zorgh were the reason Darkspace made good music (but I haven't listened yet). Apokryphon wasn't really my thing but I think it was generally well received