Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
Emperor might have completed the last step in total let-down:

Norwegian black metallers EMPEROR will celebrate the 20th anniversary of their "In The Nightside Eclipse" album at next year's Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31-August 2, 2014 in Wacken, Germany. EMPEROR members Ihsahn (real name: Vegard Sverre Tveitan) and Samoth (real name: Tomas Haugen) will be joined by Bård Guldvik "Faust" Eithun on drums, and they will perform the CD in its entirety. There will be no new studio album or a worldwide tour — only a few exclusive festival appearances next year to mark the celebration of this landmark release.

Aside from them deciding to make it an acoustic set, I can't think of a way they could make this reunion suck more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

I could be wrong, but didn't the pipe the keys in for that show they turned into a live DVD?

I don't remember seeing a keyboard player but I may have been ignoring the guy.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Oldstench posted:

If you're talking about Emperial Live Ceremony, yes, they had a keyboard player.

I didn't know about that one, but I meant the Live at Wacken 2006 one. It does appear they've got one for that too but it was a way bigger stage so I probably didn't notice him.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Swedish black metal is infecting the shores of NA this October...

The new album is not bad at all, but who the gently caress said what Watain needed was a ballad...

Aside from that it's a good record

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Gamma Nerd posted:

God drat it. You guys were right, commercialization and watering-down of black metal just makes me feel empty.

who the gently caress looks that close at a phone ad...

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

m-o-o-n posted:

I'm not really feeling it. No real atmosphere. Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan will probably always be my favorite album of theirs

I kinda agree with you but I like the new album. They're the definition of sticking-to-their-story but they have their place in my rotations which is more than I can say for most newer black metal

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Apparently there's a new Gehenna album out and it's loving sweet. If you're a fan from way back when you won't be disappointed with the production and writing. I haven't gone all the way through yet but I'm happy to not hear much in the way of keyboards yet, those were always my sticking point with Gehenna.

Nine Circles of Torture would be right at home on Malice...

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

The vast majority of people aren't interested in devoting hundreds of megs to one album they can't put on an ipod

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

I don't think they're trying to sell themselves to overly sensitive americans

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

thylacine posted:

I bought it as soon as it came out on Band Camp Sunday.

I think I like Triumvirat better though.

The reviews I've read about it seem to say if you loved Triumvirat you'd find this one to be a departure. I think I listened to a song or two and thought the same thing, I missed whatever it was the first one had that this one didn't.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Faustcoven is usually pretty loving slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTH8Jfk2PM

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

EdsTeioh posted:

Is there a good place to sell older BM vinyl online (besides ebay, I mean)? I've got a buddy that ended up with a mutual friend's record collection and the dude had a ton of Deathlike Silence 1st pressings. Naturally I want them for myself, but no way am I dropping that kind of $$.

If you've got a list with prices, PM me. I could be interested in taking one

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Monkeytime posted:

I don't know what's weirder: Nergal appearing on The Voice or the creators of The Voice (and, by extension, the Polish public at large) finding it totally normal for a black metal musician to be a voice judge.

Right now the weirdest thing to me is Behemoth not being seen as a hot topic band after one album

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Killsion posted:

Amazing what taking a band for their music can do, and not some misguided sense of kvltness. Then again your response is how I viewed all the earlier Amon Amarth discussion in the main thread.

Behemoth is one of the most produced, plastic sounding black metal bands I've ever heard and the new album doesn't break that trend with me. I truly don't get the circle jerk over this new album at all.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Measly Twerp posted:

Posted it in the ugly and awful thread, nobody even took a second glance. Stop worrying about looks and enjoy the loving music.

If there was a new album coming, or even a decent tour, it'd be easier to get over them looking like coffee shop nerds

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Despite seeing the picture of Emperor in the thread earlier and without clicking the link in your post, I instantly assumed you were talking about these guys given it's in the black metal thread and Morbid Florist's "coffee shop nerds" description. lawl

I stand corrected, Emperor looks straight out of a pit fight now that I've seen this. Those two look like they'd whimper at a poetry reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Where's the blackened part?