Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Cobweb Heart posted:

Hey, I'm pretty new to the black metal scene, so apologies if the answer is really obvious: Are there any black metal bands that have female vocalists, not clean singing, but actually doing BM shrieks? There's no doubt in my mind that it's physically possible, but I've never heard of any existing.
The reason you don't hear about it much is because harsh vocals sound like harsh vocals regardless of sex generally, probably partially because women are specifically emulating previous male vocalists but also just because I think any vocal differences are probably intrinsically less obvious with harsh vocals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

MrBling posted:

I'm sure that I've mentioned this band before, but I think everyone deserves a chance to get to know them.
It's the weirdest thing, for some reason when you'd recommended Megiddo to me before and I checked out The Devil and the Whore, I had written them off, but this is awesome, I have no idea what I was thinking.

Also why are we talking about loving numetal in the black metal thread?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Please don't do this poo poo, ugh.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Smoking Crow posted:

I've been listening to a lot of Drudkh lately, and I was looking for some recommendations based on that. Are there any other bands that mix a folk style with black metal, except with Nordic folk (I prefer Scandinavian folk over Slavic folk)?
Moonsorrow seems like an obvious one, though I'll be honest that I wouldn't know what your distinguishing characteristics between Scandinavian folk and Slavic folk would be. Åsmegin comes to mind too though I dunno how black metal they are (though it's an obvious influence)