Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Morbid Florist posted:

With that kind of praise I think I should check out Countess
Countess is really good; you'd love it. Haven't heard the new album, though.

I'm a big fan of the new Darkthrone, and it's so much fun I can't stop listening to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Necro Beer posted:

Also I'm listening to Alcest for the first time right now and I would really like an explanation as to why they are being discussed in this thread. It sounds like post-rock/indie and I really have to grasp straws to figure out where the black metal influence is.
Do you consider Burzum's Filosofem to be black metal? Neige is a big dude in French BM (he's a member of Peste Noire, a more standard BM band, and still loving awesome, and Amesoeurs, which is half-black-metal-half-post-punk), and Alcest's EP isn't traditional, but it's still black metal. He's got the black metal cred, and he comes from a black metal background, so I'd say it's black metal, albeit black metal that sounds like shoegaze.

The most surprising bit of this whole thing is, frankly, that he hadn't heard My Bloody Valentine until he'd finished and released Souvenirs...