Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Morbid Florist posted:

I have to give Sigh another listen. I first heard them when I was practically anti-black metal, but I should try again now that I'm warming up to it all.

What really got me into Sigh was just how much there is going on in the music. There's lots of different elements that somehow don't manage to drown out others, making it into a chaotic yet fluent listen. It's definitely something that you need to listen to a few times to really appreciate it.

As for black metal, I don't dabble in it very much, but I can't give enough praises to "Incipit Satan" by Gorgoroth. There's just so many memorable riffs and Gaahl hasn't given a performance like the one on here since. However, you can't hear the bass :(. Why can't I hear King Ov Hell? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

IntoTheNihil posted:

You should get the first two albums. Infinitely better and both are classics.

I have their discography, and I like their debut and follow-up, but there's just something about "Incipit Satan" that just sticks with me. I'm also going to say that the beginning of "Carving a Giant" off of "Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam" is probably one of the best things black metal has to offer.

Morbid Florist posted:

Sounds like something best taken with a touch of :350:?

Now that would be overdoing it. I think if you did that while listening to "Hangman's Hymn", then your brain might melt. For some reason I get the feeling that you'd be seeing thousands of tie dye nooses coming for you.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

IntoTheNihil posted:

:eek: You're a crazy guy to think that, haha.

Hahaha, for some reason the beginning just almost has this death metal feel, and since that's my main genre of choose, it really draws me in.

quote:

I guess i'm alone in liking the straightforward super raw BM bands? I never hear talk of them around these forums

I'm sure you're not the only one. There's tons of people around here that have found the deepest and darkest black metal out of troll forests. I for one don't really care for the whole "super raw" thing, because the production really hurts my ears. I'm more of a fan of the "blastbeat" oriented black metal like Dark Funeral.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Morbid Florist posted:

Too much information is rarely a bad thing for music. Glad to see the two creative forces behind the band are together though. With all the noise about it in the metal thread it sounded like neither side would be the real drive behind the band.

What I find hilarious is that Infernus is such a pretty boy and bitch about the whole thing. Seriously, his "pact with Satan during 1992" is probably just some bullshit he thought up on the spot to try and garner some sympathy from the fans. It's quite obvious that he hasn't done poo poo for the past 7 or 8 years, so I hope that Gaahl and King continue on with the Gorgoroth name.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
My friend is in a band black metal band called Negativism and he recently released a new EP, "Total Death Worship". I think it's pretty good and has some diverse song-writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frhQJ_GH62g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-NKZHnp7QA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acb-GDstvcM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
If you PM me your address he will send you it for free. He's trying to shop it around to some labels, so why not build a fanbase? :) It's just a five song EP. He appreciates it.