Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Bovineicide posted:

Could any of you guys recommend any black metal with a sense of humor? Darkthrone's FOAD and December Wolves' Blasterpiece Theater were great, and I'm hoping there are more albums like those.

Goddamn, Canadian Metal is catchy.

Immortal can be pretty funny though I'm not sure its intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Morbid Florist posted:

Anyone with Comcast digital and a half hour to kill, Abbath is on OnDemand under the guitar lessons section playing Heart of Winter, handful of others.

It loving rules but it's abbath so it goes without saying.

theres acouple parts of this on youtube and while it is pretty awesome I'm just disapointed hes not wearing corpse paint.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Morbid Florist posted:

Not that I think there's any chance of it happening, but how awesome would it be for them to have Abbath take Infernus' spot in the Gaahl/King band :black101:

Gorgoroth does need to look much happier on stage.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

catbread.jpg posted:

At The Heart Of Winter should be your first introduction. Then Sons Of Northern Darkness, Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism (surprisingly good for a début), Battles In The North, Damned In Black (some really dislike its simplicity, but I think it's ok), Blizzard Beasts, and then if you're really keen, Pure Holocaust, which I think is poo poo.

but Pure Holocaust is probably the best Immortal album, definitely the best of their earlier stuff :confused:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
another possible way would to start saying anti-semitic things to get her to hate the jews to get her into NSBM.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My favorite is still Nocturno Culto showing off darkthrone's studio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgIIjM24yA0&feature=related

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ghost of Orbo posted:

I am.

The only good thing I can see coming from NPR playing metal and bullshit films like Until the Light Takes Us is that it'll speed up the inevitable collapse of the current metal fad.

To me, one of the most appealing aspects of the genre is that it was something you're not supposed to know about. Or at least the illusion of that feeling.

I don't want to argue the intellectual validity of black metal, I just want to be a sad motherfucker and listen to it on my own terms. It's a genre that simply falls apart when it's introduced to the "progressive attitude" you mention.

To paraphrase someone from another forum, "black metal used to be about sitting in your room, alone, listening to Darkthrone".

other people might listen to the music I listen to, I am no longer unique :qq:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ghost of Orbo posted:

What? I can't hear either of you over my esoteric tastes.

I bet you both gave Transcendental Black Metal rave reviews.

Those graphs and charts are very helpful in order to understand music!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Unbootable posted:

I noticed the other day that Thou had put tour dates up for dates they're playing with False and Cloud Rat.
09.15.13 - St. Louis with Fister // Ben Salyers
09.16.13 - Minneapolis at The House of Lard at six pm // Adam
09.17.13 - Milwaukee at Borg Ward (823 W. National Avenue) at seven pm with Northless // Cory
09.18.13 - Chicago at Albion House (1719 W. Albion Street) at six pm with Hate // Chris
09.19.13 - Grand Rapids // Rorick
09.20.13 - Detroit // Rorick
Are any other goons planning on going to any of these dates? I'm planning on the the Detroit one because that's what I'm closest to.

I'd recommend showing up in time to see False they are great, especially live.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

False is so loving good, I can't wait for the full album to come out.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Nigel Tufnel posted:

I just finished recording and mixing vocals for my band's first black metal EP. Would really appreciate some feedback on this track, especially on the vocals. I took this to Musician's Lounge but no one who replied knew much about black metal so the feedback was all "sounds good but I don't know anything about this genre so ...".

Heavily influenced by Immortal / Gorgoroth etc. I'll be putting out the whole EP in the next few weeks.

https://soundcloud.com/kassad-1/claws/s-wLyQx

Your band logo is far too readable.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

snyprmag posted:

I liked this one, but my favorite thing out so far this year was another release from Gilead; False's Untitled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgZ1pPtZ21A

Also digging the new Locrian, though it may be more post-rock and experimental than BM.

False loving rule. They're on tour right now and they're very worth checking out if you get the chance. https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/untitled-2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

It looks like 1349 are making another run through the US this winter w/ Tombs and Full of Hell in tow.

The Tombs logo looks like it says Combs