Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

brightfield posted:

Did anyone here know that Dani Filth was recording the theme song for Dario Argento's new movie "The Mother of Tears"? What bullshit. I've actually seen "Suspiria" (the first of the "Three Mothers" trilogy), and it had some truly scary music going on.

That's because people with actual talent (Goblin) were making the music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Richard Blaine posted:

I'm hoping for some metal suggestions. I really really liked Therion - Secret of the Runes and Otyg and Lumsk. Any other bands like that - sort of folk/viking metal with epic themes? Anything in English like this that is good?

This is kind of the wrong thread for this stuff, but you'd like Tır.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
hipster black metal is the poo poo that gets featured on aquarius records' site

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Cool, keep him in jail forever.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

pugna posted:

But if Varg stays in prison forever, we'll never get that new Burzum album. Which would be really, really gay.

No it wouldn't.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
varg is an indefensible moron, this is indisputable.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

IntoTheNihil posted:

Could you squeeze a few more "gently caress varg i hate him" posts in this thread please?

Yeah here's one: "gently caress Varg, I Hate Him, He Made One Good Album And There Is No Reason To Assume He Would Make Another One, Also He Is Pretty Bad As Humans Go"

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Nobody is arguing his place in the canon you loving idiot we're saying that he's just a bad person in general

He and DMX would get along ok if varg could just get over that whole friend of the family thing

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Morbid Florist posted:

As well they should :colbert:

wrong, Amesoeurs rule

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Dyna Soar posted:

Hipster :gay:

that's me

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Morbid Florist posted:

Black metal isn't supposed to put you to sleep.

Dunno what you're listening to. It's certainly more upbeat then some Burzum.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Oh please. There are elements of post-punk in their sound, but the foundation is undeniably black metal.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Brown Jenkins deserves more exposure, go listen to that poo poo

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Unacknowledged posted:

No you're ok, they've been black metal as gently caress since they released Virus.

is this a joke?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Ah yes, black pop, the latest craze sweeping the teenage nation

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

het posted:

Lifelover :D

owns

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I think the whole idea is pretty stupid to be honest but I bet a good way to ease someone into black metal is to start with some shoegazy stuff

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Mordekai posted:

Hint:
Bands with female lead vocals are not BM.

Darkestrah

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gr31lly posted:

Poop

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Screaming into static over distortion for 50 minutes owns, everyone buy the latest Nortt/Wold records

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
The new Arckanum rules and is a return to form. Much better than Antikosmos.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

catbread.jpg posted:

I still don't get why people think you can make black metal with verses and choruses.

It seems to be working out ok for the guy from Arckanum

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

IRQ posted:

WITTR are basically tree-hugging vegan hippie fags who support eco-terrorism so that's entirely possible.

Don't use fag as a pejorative. You look like a child.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Sue Denim posted:

Wow 'The Most Metal Things Ever!' article is hilarious, it even got a good response over on MA. I think this might be because they picked some good targets that just about everyone can see the humor in, didn't rag on one genre the whole time and didn't touch any scared cows. If the author's are reading this, I'd like to congratulate them on such a well written article.

Thanks :). I'm actually surprised it's gone this far, the origins of that article are really just a troll on a PYF thread.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
They just fuckin' hate the cosmos.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

ruinedhero posted:

Behemoth is one of the very few Black Metal bands to reach full success

What, exactly, is "full success"?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
We've done it, folks. We've reached full success.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Funeral Mist posted:

Satyricon wine? That's cool as gently caress.

is it?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Morbid Florist posted:

Musically I guess they're alright, aside from the god awful snare drum tone, but gently caress someone needs to show them Impaled Northern Moon Forest. Their album and song names are exactly what Seth was talking about.

Who gives a poo poo

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Cobweb Heart posted:

I just found out about Leper, who play a pretty idiosyncratic mix of black metal, grindcore, and ska. (At least, I haven't heard anyone else doing the same thing.) They kick loving rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csQlMsB-JqE

I've only heard the album "End Progress" so far because I haven't heard good things about their older work.

haaha this is just as corny as Le Scrawl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTIMnn30bw

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

kirkjames posted:

While Bölzer absolutely crushes and I would be stoked for a full length, I realllly appreciate shorter releases. No matter how good a band is, very few full lengths keep an intensity through the whole thing. For me Reign in Blood is the gold standard. Takes balls to make a longer album that that.

I appreciate shorter releases as much as the next guy but Reign in Blood is boring as poo poo aside from the bookending tracks

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
The closest thing to Batushka I can think of off the top of my head is The Ruins of Beverast.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
depends on whos opening

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

sleepover posted:

inquisition and black anvil

yeah go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU