Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

So is that thing a robot or a monkey or what
Skeletonwitch's new album Beyond The Permafrost is all I've been listening to the last week. I love thrash with my black, anyone got similar recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'd recommend Watain's last album, Sworn to the Dark. It's a great mix of thrash and black.

Yes. Argh, this album is awesome :black101:. Watain rules, I hope to god they eventually come somewhere reasonably close to where I live.

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

C'mon he burned down churches and believes in a relationship between race and intelligence, that's really deep

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

Any Old Irony posted:

Sarcofago, too.

Bathory, Sarcofago, Venom, Celtic Frost and Hellhammer should all be checked out as thrash that led to the world of black metal. Those five really go hand in hand any time I think of foundation black metal.

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

Regarding Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack, wow I adore this album. Caged Wrath could have been taken off an early Venom album it's so perfect.

MrBling posted:

More like Wolfshirts in the Dorm Room, amirite.

Hahahaha, this is pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sturmtiger IV
Jun 20, 2004

So, I just got into Walknut and their album, Graveforests And Their Shadows, and wow I'm really digging it. I love the, well I can't really describe it, the sort of distorted noise in the background. I guess that's why they call it atmospheric because basically I could listen to this forever.

Any recommendations on similar atmospheric stuff with like, that noisy distored sound in the background? I can't quite qualify it right now but perhaps it does have a name...