Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Curry Favor
Apr 3, 2005

~*your troubles are all the same*~
I am posting here kind of as a last resort since other threads were extremely unhelpful. I really have no knowledge whatsoever of black metal but I'm really into the band Alcest. I really like the new album though which I guess is pretty much entirely not black metal and is pretty far removed from their older stuff. Is there anything else that sounds like that? I love stuff like Jesu or this where it can be really heavy but still melodic and I guess more shoegaze influenced. If nothing else it could just be the vocals, because even when Alcest were shredding like the dickens the vocals were still very wispy and not like, I dunno, Burzum or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Curry Favor
Apr 3, 2005

~*your troubles are all the same*~

Morbid Florist posted:

Wow. I underestimated how lovely this would be. It's so boring even the loving band is half asleep on stage.

So is this like a gimmick of yours or are you really just an idiot or something?

Anyway thanks to those who offered some recommendations. I checked out every one I could find and oddly enough I enjoyed Agalloch the most despite the vocals which seem kind of out of place for music that is all mainly major key and pretty pleasant sounding. Amesoeurs was pretty good too though I guess I could have figured I'd enjoy that since it's another Neige project.

Musically I like a lot of this stuff but the vocals are just so unnecessary.. I guess that's why I'm not a metalhead v:frogbon:v