Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

Morbid Florist posted:

Wow. I underestimated how lovely this would be. It's so boring even the loving band is half asleep on stage.

I was going to agree with you, but I see I saved myself some "Your opinion is retarded you closed minded dick!!" comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

Zedlic posted:

Is anyone else embarrassed for liking black metal? I constantly have to "soften" my taste of music for people that don't have the slightest interest in metal of any kind. I've had too many "Do you really listen to this noise/screaming" questions, so I just try to steer the conversation some other way.

I even wrote an article on Mayhem in the newspaper a few weeks ago, and when my coworkers were asking me afterwards if I listened to these "maniacs" I said "Oh no, I don't," and laughed.

I do. All the time.

I feel you. All the time people ask me "How can even stand that screamo crap? It's not even music!" And it's always by my friends who sit in their houses jerking off to Zeppelin and Floyd while using the adjective trippy every five minutes.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

MrBling posted:

Well you know, the harsh life of being a jew.

Are you kidding me?

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
I suppose all of us who are interested could provide our AIM screen names or something.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Any Gris fans should check out Austere, the Australian one. Withering Illusions And Desolation is nice and depressing.

I have To Lay Like Old Ashes, and I really love it but it sounds like the guy's vocals consist of yelling "wooooooooo!!" a lot. I can barely detect a tinge of harshness in them sometimes, but it mostly just sounds like regular yelling.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Since there were no bites in the metal thread, anyone know of any bands with a similar sound to Enthroned? I've been listening to Towards The Skullthrone of Satan a lot recently.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
They might as well. According to him, he just wants to live on a farm somewhere in the countryside and write books. And, of course, wait for the coming apocalypse when most of society is destroyed then he and his pagan brothers will rebuild the world as it should be.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Man, even though Tallahassee was just an off-day little show I hope they come back for us. I was looking forward to that a lot.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Edit: drat, I can't read.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Jesus Christ. The Peste Noire wiki was obviously created by a retarded fan. I was almost ashamed of liking them after reading all of that.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

NATO posted:

True, I just assumed he would continue to work with synths when he got out regardless. Didn't he write long rants about how metal in general was degenerated negro music and he wasn't considering himself a part of the metal scene anymore?

He retconned it later by saying that he would continue to do what he wanted regardless of what other people think they are doing it with him.

EDIT: Even if said people are homosexual wiggers.

Nova Bizzare fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 6, 2010

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Perhaps if you'd follow his suggestion and listen to it in a dark room while wistfully considering the purity of various white cultures during classical antiquity...

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

Kaiho posted:

Corpse paint and pure grimness? Nah. Black metal? loving hell yes.

Who dat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

Do you know of anything that sounds exactly like Pest (Ger) but is easier to get ahold of? I've been playing that youtube of Wikinger I think you posted all week.