Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
I've got a Touch in the mail, and want to get some of my DVD's on it. I see a lot of info regarding converting the file to work on the Touch, but what's a good program for importing/ripping the DVDs I own to my PC? Is there an all-in-one solution that just goes DVD->iPod Touch format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Vyze posted:

Whenever I change minor details in a song's ID3 tags (e.g. genre, fixing capitalisation of an artist, etc.) and go to Sync it with my Touch, it doesn't get updated and it's really quite bugging me.

I've been told my best bet is to wipe all the songs from my iPod and resync the lot of them. This is a needlessly awkward way of doing it, but whatever. The problem is, I'm not seeing an option to wipe everything in the devices section of iTunes. Any help?

It's probably the same with the touch, but with other ipods if you do a "restore" it'll do a wipe.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
OK my 16GB touch hotness just showed up, is it supposed to be loading relatively slowly? i.e. about 1 song every other second. It seems to be much slower than my old 20GB B&W clickwheel.

E: Never mind, I realized that's actually normal and quick. This thing is friggin' awesome.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 12, 2007

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
For anyone having trouble getting the Vista 64 version of iTunes 7.6, you have to go to Apple's site in Internet Explorer. Apparently if you use Firefox it won't realize you're running 64-bit and it'll give you the 32-bit version.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

RandomCheese posted:

To a question of my own - my ipod will sometimes crash back to springboard while playing music, seems to be fine after a hard reset but after a few days of use it will crash occasionally. Is this a side-effect of the jailbreak? I used ZiPhone, are the other methods known for greater stability?

Mine does this while playing movies, and the research I've done on other boards leads back to lovely USB controllers on most motherboards loving up the sync process. I haven't gotten one yet, but apparently any $15 PCI USB card will solve the problem.

E: Does anyone have a non-safari recommendation for a messaging client that does MSN? I tried MobileChat but couldn't get it to connect.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

RandomCheese posted:

Does yours do it at the same point every time? If so, I could believe the USB thing, but mine will play up with songs it has played perfectly a dozen times before, and then play them again fine post reboot.

Yeah it does, and if I do a restore it will do it in different parts of a movie or a completely different song. So I guess yours is something different.

• Locked thread