Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

Just been trying out the SCUMMVM with Monkey Island 3 and Steel Sky and I must say it is amazing! Monkey Island 3 looks great and plays so well, although the sound is a little low. Combining this with gpsphone and other apps makes the ipod touch such a great device!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Want a new battery charging symbol that looks like this? Here you go.

Blah blah

How did you change the "iPod" text in the top left hand corner? Been searching for an answer for ages!

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

I'm downloading the 1.1.3 update now. I think the only app I'll miss is gpSPhone and I think I can live without it until 1.1.3 is hacked.

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask (Incase they don't wanna upgrade for any reason)

I'll post what I think of it in a bit.

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah, I think I shall. I'll do it in a few mins.

- Safria interface has been changed around
- Docks now got some fading grey back ground to it. Which I personality don't like
- Can't seem to move and icons around or add bookmarks to the home screen? Maybe thats with the new apps?

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

Stutes posted:

So apparently in order to get 1.1.3 you HAVE to pay to get the new apps? I swear, if Apple double-dips and also charges us for the SDK... :argh:

:smith:

Nope, download the new iTunes and you can update to 1.1.3 but the apps aren't in the update. You have to go to the iTunes Store and purchase them from there. It also seems that to be able to move icons around and add bookmarks to the home screen you have to purchase the apps!

And it looks like the store "is unable to process purchases at the moment"

Edit:

- You have to pay to be about to move around the icons and bookmark to the homescreen
- Good since you have save threads or pages to the home screen and view them view your somewhere without wifi
- Don't like the grey around the dock
- Smart playlists seem to be fixed apart from top 25 most played has all the right songs in it, just not in the right order?
- Apps are the same but still good apart from Google maps
- Showing your location on maps is a great feature and seems to be very accurate

MrMartyn fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 15, 2008

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

whiskas posted:

There's a database of 23 million wifi hotspots. Based on the hotspots in your area and the signal strength (distance) to them, it can estimate your current location. The more wifi hotspots in your area that are also in this database, the more accurate the locator will be.

It's similar to the technology used on the iphone, except cell phone towers are used instead of hotspots.

Surely thats not ture since its my home wifi connection? And we added the wireless router our selfs so its not like Virgin "added" us to the database.

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

and some people at ipodtouchfans (admittedly, most people there are morons) claim they were told the magic date was 12/27. :iiam:

Is it jailbroken? If so, do you have SSH on?
Ive got the same problem with my touch. It was jailbroken but I install 1.1.3 and the apps on it ( without restoring it). Could it be possible that its still running because I believe that all the folders and apps are still left on the iPod you just can't see them or something? How could I go about switch it off?

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

So now we've got lyrics on the iPod Touch does anyone know of any programs that add them for you. I tried iArt but it doesn't seem to work, maybe something to do with the latest version of iTunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMartyn
Mar 6, 2007

Just seen the new icon for a webclip of SA. Looks great, wonder if its SA that set it to use that or just Apple.

Edit: looks like the BBC site used there own icon too, theses look much better than the thumbnail of what you bookmarked.

MrMartyn fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 22, 2008

• Locked thread