Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

Lux Aeterna posted:

more like pray that Microsoft fixes Vista ZING

Seriously though, that blows. The amount of joy I get from being able to bring my Touch instead of my laptop to take a poo poo in the morning is just the greatest thing ever. As long as you are okay with an XP box controlling your touch, that's probably the best solution all-around until later on. I mean, it's probably better to have your media on a more stable OS to begin with and on a computer that doesn't get hosed around with as much as your main PC anyway. It might be a bitch in the short term, but just imagine waiting for iTunes and Vista to not suck. It could take months.

I'm just trying to be positive since the touch deserves as much love as possible.

ALSO: this is the best *clear* case for the touch i've seen so far. :20bux: and built in kickstand for horizontal AND landscape viewing. Bonus plastic screen for the front also. I ordered mine 2 days ago so it should be in this week. I'm not the biggest fan of clear cases, but not having to carry that little plastic poo poo stand around just makes me smile

it's the DLO VideoShell

http://dlo.com/products/vshell_touch_Prod.tpl?command=showpage&cart=11960915002412650

iLounge screenshots:

Is a case really necessary for the touch? If it's durability is anything like the iphone, I honestly don't see the point. I have the DLO VideoShell and I really don't like it at all:

-The buttons lose any tactile feedback, and the case makes the power button really difficult to press.
-The screen protector is a total pain in the rear end to attach correctly
-The inside of the kickstand thing scratched the hell out of the back of my touch.
-The front of the case seems to have been taken directly from their iphone case, as it still has an earpiece hole.

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 30, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster
So is a screen protector really necessary at all? I thought that the glass screen was supposed to be nearly unscratchable.

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster
So if I decide to jailbreak my ipod, what are the chances of me bricking my device? It sounds awesome...but the notion of destroying my new $300 toy makes me a little uneasy.

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

Zeph posted:

None and none. Absolute worst case scenario: boot the iPod into recovery mode and use iTunes to restore to stock.

Cool, thanks. Just did it, holy god that was easy.

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

Christoff posted:

I was going to buy a touch but on the 14th isn't there macmall or something?

I read on another forum to wait. While I doubt they'll be a new ipod touch until September. One can expect a price drop.

What do you guys think?

I doubt that they will cut the price anytime soon, since Apple is already paranoid about the touch taking sales away from the iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster
So will the Nike pedometer thing work with an 1st gen 2.1 Touch, or is it 2nd gen-only?

• Locked thread