Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice

Linkletter posted:

This combined with the fact that it works with the Universal Dock has made me order one. Free shipping to Canada too!

I ordered one of these last night too, and was startled by the free shipping. Do you know if it's actually really true and real free shipping? Or one of those "oops, made a mistake, please send us $XX(X??) for shipping" kind of deals?

At any rate, the case looks super spiff and I can't wait until it arrives.

CANS FOR COMMENTS! Leave a comment on my website between December 5th and 12th 2008, and for every comment left I will donate one can of food to the local food bank!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice
I received my DLO case yesterday. It's pretty cool, but I came down with a massive case of the stupids right before I went to use it and ruined not one but THREE protective films for the front of my 'pod. The case itself looks really snazzy, but I won't be happy until I the new screens I had to order come in.

I swore for about an hour straight after doing that. Next time I'm going to seal myself into a distraction-free, cat-free room before applying the film.

Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice

Linkletter posted:

I screwed up putting my film on too, there's quite a bit of dust stuck underneath it. My case only came with one though, are you using the film that came with it? Also, how do you get replacements?

I used the film that came with the case, plus one I had sitting on my desk from a previous (really crappy) case purchase, and finally there already was one on my screen but it was extremely thick and matte - it dulled the surface of my touch and made it hard to poke at. Incidentally, the matte film was by far the most expensive one - I purchased it from the Apple Store for around $15, and it sucks.

I ebay'd up some new films, found a guy selling a 3-pack for $5. Picked up 2; soon I'll have 6 films to potentially f in the a!

Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice

Oneiros posted:

I figure that I really don't need more than the 16gb already out there, since these days I largely just listen to a variety of podcasts and some select albums, but having a larger capacity never hurt anyone. Any ideas on the likelihood of new revision being released in the next few months?

I have a 16GB with about 9gb free (and over 1000 songs on it). Honestly, I use my Touch as a super awesome cool and wikked portable device that just happens to play music. For anything requiring a great deal of music - road trips, for example - I also carry my 30gb Zune (that is really quite sexy again with the new updates MS released). Yes, 32GB is more than 16 - but what if they release an 80? That's even bigger, but would you really use it? At what point is it just too damned much?

Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice
I'm still running the jailbreak'd 1.1.1, and I haven't upgraded my iTunes either. I think it's about time, and I'll be updating the iTunes software tonight, along with my iTouch to 1.1.4.

What will this screw up for me?

I'm assuming I'll have to Jailbreak again, but will I lose all my data/songs? Should I wait until the 2.0 software download is stable? I love my touch and just want to make it a little more zesty to soothe my lack-of-iPhone woes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Bettie
Oct 28, 2007

squeeze my head for
delicious juice
Thanks for the replies - I took the plunge this morning, and things are working swimmingly. The restore was brilliant, as I had forgotten to write down my email settings. I was resigned to waiting until Monday to fix it, but it was working as soon as the restore was done. I'm excited about my iTouch again and can stand strong against the insidious iPhone pull for a while longer.

• Locked thread