Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Okay, I had this 32 gig iPod Touch 5thGen for a few weeks now, and for the most part, I'm not having much trouble with it.

Except for one thing. I use the default music playing app, and I get pretty anal with album artwork.

Usually on the normal album list, the album art shows up normally. When I play the song in question, the album art shows up fine in full size. But occasionally, when I turn the iPod 90 degrees to quickly browse all my albums by cover, some album artwork never shows up, it's just the grey square with the note icon on it. If I play that specific art-less song vertically, the album artwork shows up normally, but when I turn it 90 degrees again and simply slide to the next album, it becomes the artless grey square again.

It happened with a ripped CD not on the iTunes database which I manually had to find album art online and edit the info. It also happened with one DRM-free Humble videogame music album also. I tried editing around the info and changing to slightly different versions of the same JPG without much luck, and I get no hint at what the actual cause of the problem is. Google searching for answers didn't come up with much helpful info.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Does converting your mp3s to AAC make the iPod's default music app slower?

Before I ripped my music from CDs into 320 kbps mp3s and simply copied them into my iPod.

I decided I wanted more songs on my iPod, so I decided to delete the mp3 files on the iPod and instead let iTunes recopy & convert my music into 256 kbps AAC files so I could fit slightly more music on the device. Now navigating through my list of songs and albums, and switching back and forth between Now Playing and my library has a significant delay that wasn't there before for the same number of songs.

Also, the IOS update didn't fix my earlier problem with album artwork. Ugh. Yeah, I know nobody here can answer the issue. I just want to vent on my stupid problems.

Edit: Now the music app looks like it's not acting slow. Alright, whatever.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 3, 2013

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
So what file do I have to specifically remove eradicate all old album data so that it'll check for new album artwork when a re-copy the music to my iPod?

All the album artwork is correct on my computer's iTunes, and even reseting the iPod's system settings isn't working. I tried resyncing and pretty much every piece of worthless advice on the official apple support forums.

Edit:

I reset the whole iPod to factory state. It looks like that's the measure I had to take to get it all to work. It looks like it's working now. I'll know for sure once my entire library is copied again.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 7, 2013

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
iTunes just cleared my entire music library, which is 95% CD rips and music bought from places other than iTunes.

:negative:

I could manually re-add them, but maybe itunes will just clear it again. Jesus Christ.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That's not a file on Windows. I tried restoring one of the "Previous iTunes Libraries" and nothing's happening.

loving iTunes.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it restored. But gently caress itunes for throwing me into a panic.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 27, 2014

• Locked thread