Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I got a new Linksys E2000 this weekend, and I got it installed just fine. The only issue I have is that my iPod won't find the network if I set the router to use the 5 GHz band.

Everything works just fine when I use the 2.4 GHz band. Does iOS/the iPod not support 5 GHz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ah, it's a 4th gen. That explains it then. Thank you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, my understanding is pretty soon, eBay will be your only option. And the prices there will probably go stupid high...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MondayHotDog posted:

Downloading iOS 8 as we speak, let's see how this goes.

Godspeed, goon sir!

It would be going on my wife's iPod, but we had to RMA it, because the display was messed up on arrival. Had that line of white squares across the top.

On the plus side, it's gonna take 2 weeks to get there, and who knows how long for a replacement to show up, so iOS 8 should be in a better place by then.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, 15-20 mins. sounds about right. It was my wife's iPod, since I want to keep my jailbreak, but it wasn't super long.

• Locked thread